StarCraft® II

Blizzard eSports AMA - July 3 @ 11 am PDT

Community Manager
We will be hosting a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) with members of the Blizzard eSports team on r/StarCraft Wednesday, July 3 at 11:00 am PDT. Senior eSports Manager Kim Phan and Community Manager Kevin "Cloaken" Johnson will be on hand to answer questions for approximately two hours. Because the AMA will be hosted on r/StarCraft , we wanted to give you advance notice to ensure you’re able to plan accordingly and prepare your questions.

We look forward to answering any of the lingering questions anyone may have about the World Championship series. If you can't make it, leave your question here and someone may ask it on your behalf!
Reply Quote
I hope someone asks about mech as I can't be there :(
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Oh good, so Bunny did get a job at Blizzard after all =) Shoutouts to her and Cloaken.
Reply Quote
Out of curiosity, why are these things always on Reddit?
Reply Quote
Here's my question: what's blizzard's attitude towards basetrades? Specifically, when a zerg gets mutas vs protoss, the tactically correct play is usually to do a basetrade rather than fight the protoss army. Is this something you guys view as a problem?
Reply Quote
InB4 Blizz says something about Balance that makes these forums a cesspool of QQ for another month. I really wish blizz would stop talking balance with the community.
Reply Quote
07/02/2013 09:03 PMPosted by HTOMario
I hope someone asks about mech as I can't be there :(

+1. I hope this question gets asked, as well as Blizzards stance on making every unit viable... I hate "casual" units, balance ALL the units. More viable strategies = better.

Also - is Blizzard still thinking no new units for LotV, or can we agree this is a bad idea?

EDIT: Automated Tournaments: will we see this before LotV...or even see it at all?
Edited by Protostitute on 7/3/2013 6:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm noticing that most of you are mentioning design/balance questions. Please be aware that Dustin and Dayvie won't be present for this AMA as it dedicated entirely to eSports related questions. Perhaps sometime in the future we'll have another AMA or an "Ask the Devs" style blog, but this one features Kim Phan who is focused entirely on eSports and WCS.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The Reddit AMA is now live.
Reply Quote
Not sure if it's still going on but I am curious:

Last WCS I actually watched (a few months ago) what I saw was add time slots in the NA/SA region being taken by adds that were spoken in Korean, a non-native language to this region.

Is the average E-Sports event outside of Korea able to turn a profit?
Reply Quote
Why is it that no one saw this?
Reply Quote
Why cant we downvote Blizzard posts?
Reply Quote
07/03/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Aldrexus
The [url="http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1hkvoq/we_are_kim_phan_and_kevin_johnson_of_the_blizzard/"]Reddit AMA[/url] is now live.

Any reason this link isn't edited in to the first post? And is there a copy of all the Blizzard responses somewhere else so that I don't have to use the god awful Reddit interface?
Edited by Decapitator on 7/14/2013 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]