ZvT (lategame)

Hello everyone, platinum/diamond Zerg here. I am having a lot of trouble facing off against bio mine in the late game. I deal with it early, trade armies and expansions however when I try to continue matching the Terran's unit production in the Uber Late game (35:00 minute mark), I have no answer for the massive amounts of marines supported by mines he can churn out. any help would be awesome.

-Comrad
Reply Quote
I usually don't have a problem with mines, because the terran i face only make ~5 of them. How many do you face?

If it is around 6 or so, feel free to go Ling/bling/ultra and bait the mines and destroy them with overseer support. With the banes, break his buildings and his marines while using lings to surround. Ultras just there to kill.
Reply Quote
If you're gonna take a mine hit, make him take it too.

Keep your bane/ling proportional to his marine/marauder, and mix in ultra/infestor (not many) to force marauders out of him and wreck his marine count even if your banes get wrecked by mines.

Corrupters/roaches(not many) suck up mine hits pretty well at the front.

Flank. Don't attack into his mines when he can kite you back over them. Attack not from the front... but from the sides. Just like the other two raptors that you didn't even know were there.
Edited by Ataraxia on 6/29/2013 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello everyone, platinum/diamond Zerg here. I am having a lot of trouble facing off against bio mine in the late game. I deal with it early, trade armies and expansions however when I try to continue matching the Terran's unit production in the Uber Late game (35:00 minute mark), I have no answer for the massive amounts of marines supported by mines he can churn out. any help would be awesome.

-Comrad

denied expansion or head for production building..going against their army is never going to let you trade efficiency and you will lose out in the end.
Reply Quote
I am having next to zero luck and am playing a league down now that Terrans have realized they can outproduce us from a base behind, if they go for hellbat drops and bio mine follow up. I watched Sasquatch do some damage using baneling landmines against Terran. Seems to be helpful, but I don't know how he can afford it after Terran comes in and does their free drone kills in the early game. They always at least get some drone kills. It's frickin' annoying. I attribute it to Zerg's crap anti-air, though. If we had better anti-air, we could shut drops down a lot more efficiently. But hydras are our best bet and hydras are terrible against bio and too expensive for what you get.
Reply Quote
I'm finding that the essential part of this match-up is the denial of an easy third base.

If the other player has no easy source for a massive economy, he cannot proceed into the late game on equal terms.

On some maps this is very difficult( star station), however it is the best bet for shutting down the Terran.

Ultralisks and speed upgraded overlords can be sent over the field to soak hits before engaging with the main ling/bling force to crush his bio ball in WoL fashion.

Thanks to everyone who posted, it was helpful in coming to these conclusions!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]