StarCraft® II

Speedrunning "Old Soldiers" Brutal difficulty

Basically as the title suggests I am looking into strategies for speedrunning the old soldiers mission on char.

The mission route is Umaji, Char, Zerus, Kaldir etc meaning that normal Kerrigan must be used for the old soldiers mission. Why do I do the missions in this order? Short answer is that all three Kaldir missions can be finished in a combined time of 20-25 in game minutes after Kerrigan has been on Zerus.

This mission at the moment is the main reason that single segment runs have not been started on the HOTS campaign. I have no issues with completing the mission but efficiently is a different story.

Before I go into the annoying task of routing this mission I wanted to ask the community if they had come across any interesting ways or fast ways of completing this mission on brutal difficulty (Again, using normal Kerrigan pre-crystalis)

The route up to "Old Soldiers" assumes that you've killed 2 command centers in "domination" and recovered 2 defiler bones on the second char mission.

Any help would be appreciated!
Reply Quote
I always prefer protoss segment first due to the... not so much difficulty but stress of the egg collecting and the big bad gorgon.

I recommend lots of queens for tumors. As you won't have the malignant creep, they're heals will also help.

Swarmlings can be used to help for instant army. or raptorlings for with speed for a bit more damage.

Have Kerrigan take kinetic blast. crushing wave if you really want but I prefer the multiple beams over it.

Kinetic Blast on all the big badies and your queens will be able to heal the main force while your lings are constantly brough in as back up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]