StarCraft® II

Zergling as a pet?

I was wondering if a declawed, defanged and despiked zergling could be kept as a pet.
Just like a big, stupid, slimy and really ugly dog.
I wonder if its drool is acidic.
And can it be trained to use a litter box?
Reply Quote
Just keep lemon juice away from it and you should be fine.

//\\oo//\\
Reply Quote
Don't think so. Too aggressive lol. Unless you are the queen of blades.

Plus Zerglings are huge.
Reply Quote
It would be SWEET to have one as a pet lol.

Could you imagine? A little zergling running around. NO DOG would walk even near us lol. Oh yea.... :)
Reply Quote
This question seems to assume - to some degree - that the zergling is hostile. (defang/declaw/etc)

I don't think any pet that's hostile towards you would be a pet you want.

If the zergling is bonded to you as a hive queen, then the fangs, claws and spikes are of no threat to you and I would think they would make an excellent companion. And if bonded, one would assume it would be an excellently behaved pet.

One would also assume that anyone you don't like would immediately get eaten by a zergling even if you don't consciously decide that's what you want.

Zerglings as noted are pretty sizeable creatures, so you would likely want a pretty sturdy living arrangement. I wouldn't expect the sofa cushions to survive well. They would also be pricey to feed.

And honestly, you can't just have one zergling. Heck, they don't even spawn individually. So that's two 150lb zerglings you would have to find room for.

But a better guard animal you will never find and all being equal, I would take a pair of pet zerglings :)
Reply Quote
This question seems to assume - to some degree - that the zergling is hostile. (defang/declaw/etc)

I don't think any pet that's hostile towards you would be a pet you want.

If the zergling is bonded to you as a hive queen, then the fangs, claws and spikes are of no threat to you and I would think they would make an excellent companion. And if bonded, one would assume it would be an excellently behaved pet.

One would also assume that anyone you don't like would immediately get eaten by a zergling even if you don't consciously decide that's what you want.

Zerglings as noted are pretty sizeable creatures, so you would likely want a pretty sturdy living arrangement. I wouldn't expect the sofa cushions to survive well. They would also be pricey to feed.

And honestly, you can't just have one zergling. Heck, they don't even spawn individually. So that's two 150lb zerglings you would have to find room for.

But a better guard animal you will never find and all being equal, I would take a pair of pet zerglings :)

Very nice response.
Seems like you've thought of this before.

I was thinking of the defanging/declawing (I forgot neutering) would be to keep it from killing other things.
Example: a dog walking down the street and barks at the zergling.
That dog be dead!!!
At least some preventative action would be necessary.
Reply Quote
I personally would like to have a tamed hydralisk as a pet, no one would mess with you
Reply Quote
Wow, high ceilings for that one... Hydralisks are TALL.

Now the important discussion.

If you had a zergling pet or a hydralisk or whatever, would you build a spawning pool? I mean if you have seen the star crafts cartoons, you know the zerglings just love swimming in it.

I mean it seems like a no-brainer, sure... get a spawning pool. But that thing would stink, be slimy and you would have primordial soup zergling prints all over the house!
Reply Quote
Some people have kittens as pets...

I guess that's too easy for you, eh?
Reply Quote
Too easy!!!????? Have you ever been clawed by a kitten?? Those things are super sharp. At least a zergling follows the directive of a hive mind.
Reply Quote
Technically you couldn't do that.. you could only warp in once the first time you were spawned, which we've all been spawned already. We could get Recalled back to the Nexus though, but that Nexus is far away in outer space where you'd instantly die because the atmosphere is highly toxic and we don't have all the genetic alterations that the Terran do.
Reply Quote
Can it be a carbots zergling? please? ( ゚ヮ゚)
Reply Quote
What if its a Starcrafts Zergling?!
:D :D :D
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 10:03 PMPosted by MrPaz
Technically you couldn't do that.. you could only warp in once the first time you were spawned, which we've all been spawned already. We could get Recalled back to the Nexus though, but that Nexus is far away in outer space where you'd instantly die because the atmosphere is highly toxic and we don't have all the genetic alterations that the Terran do.

The warpgate doesn't create units, it warps them in from auir where they already exist, if you owned said warpgate (and technically you'd need to be within range of some toss system but let's ignore that and assume it'd work) you'd be able to warp around.

Zergling pet - I'd love this, but i think the declawing / defanging is pretty inhumane; if you had control over it that'd be sweet; if it was feral it could probably be trained with classical conditioning (everything can; especially since the zerg seem to be super susceptible to outside influence... minus the homeworld zerg)
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Nasreth
Imagine if you could set up a pylon anywhere you'd been, and travel between those locations any time you wanted.

It'd be cool... but you'd probably have to pay property taxes on them. If it were across state borders, you'd probably also have to pay a use tax of some sort. Someone somewhere would get hurt because of one, and then you'd have to insure and register it, too. You'd probably have to have some sort of license as well.

And you'd have to deal with bored college kids who put your pylons in the back of their trucks and move them to landfills or the middle of empty fields, or with lazy/bored/homeless people plugging into your power grid when you aren't around.

It'd probably be more of a hassle than its worth. :-\
Reply Quote
I was wondering if a declawed, defanged and despiked zergling could be kept as a pet.
Just like a big, stupid, slimy and really ugly dog.
I wonder if its drool is acidic.
And can it be trained to use a litter box?

Make sure you get two Zerglings. they get lonely by themselfs
Edited by Zerg on 6/27/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Ataraxia
but you'd probably have to pay property taxes on them.

I died when I read this.
Reply Quote
Make sure you get two Zerglings. they get lonely by themselfs

I don't think you have an option. They spawn 2 at a time, it would be cruel to separate twins. Someone mentioned property taxes on your protoss structures, and that's pretty reasonable as a concern, but it does bring up the real world issues you have to deal with when you get a pet zergling.

1) Where do you get a leash? And where do you attach the leash? Star Crafts Zerglings do okay with leashes it seems if you take them to a tower and let them stand guard. I am thinking you need a harness that they wear all the time.

2) Vaccinations. We don't want our zerglings to get sick. I am thinking we go to the nearest vet and ask for one of everything and hope for the best. I mean, they live on dangerous exoplanets that have viruses, bacteria and conditions we haven't even heard of. Do you then allow the zergling to eat the vet so you don't need to pay the bill?

3) Licenses. I think Zerglings would be covered by a dog license or perhaps an exotic animal license. We all want to be law abiding zergling owners. Do you feed the city inspector to the zergling when they come around so you don't have to pay any fines?

4) Food. What does a zergling eat other than terran, protoss and other zerg?

There is some assumption that as their "queen" you would have some level of innate control over them, but I do wonder just how specific that control is. If you say "don't eat the neighbors" does that actually translate to "don't eat the neighbors if I am paying attention to what you are doing"

Creep seems necessary for the happiness of a zergling. The good news is that you don't have to worry about your carpet or hardwood floors anymore. When you wake up at night to go to the bathroom, stumbling sleepily around - you won't have to ask what the nasty stuff was you just stepped in.

The bad news is that your house, neighborhood, er... planet will likely be taken over by creep. Your zergling will be happy - the rest of humanity might have a problem with that.

These are difficult, important decisions to ponder prior to bringing home your first 2 zerglings. I do think I would have to make sure I got the zerglings with wings though.
Reply Quote
You know how in India they ride elephants? I want a pet Ultralisk so I can ride it around like a baws.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]