StarCraft® II

So I'm just going to come out and say it.

I hate MSC + Blink Stalkers.

The fact that a relatively mobile and high DPS unit, stronger than Terrans only reliable unit early game, that can be spawned multiple times anywhere where a pylon is already silly enough but tolerable. But the MSC... an early flying unit that can escape being killed by recalling, needs two widow mines to take out if you want to stop Blink Stalkers from blinking up and assuming the MSC just happens to go "whoops, went too far", can lay a slow moving spell on top of units is just.....

I don't know!

I don't understand how this makes any sense. Because assuming the Toss isn't dumb after blink is researched and sees he can't attack any further, they can expand. And the MSC can go back, get full energy and use the NPC in case they actually need help.
Edited by Demetrivoi on 6/27/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Before you make a thread pertaining to balance, you may want to get your facts straight.

1. Stalker's have a relatively low DPS, at only 6.9 damage per second. They are out DPS'd by Marines, Marauder's, and 1 Marauder beats 1 Stalker, so if they are going Blink Stalker opener, just get a few Marauder's.

2. MSC's only have a movement speed of 1.88, whereas I think Marines have a movement speed of 2.25 unstimmed ( I'm not a Terran, so please correct me on this. ) We were getting crushed early game before the MSC, and it was a much needed buff.

I have never really done a ridiculous amount of damage with Blink Stalker's Opening, unless my opponent made a huge mistake and made marines to counter the Stalker's. And you stating that a unit takes 2 shots of a Widow Mine to kill, it's like your saying that all units should instantly die. If you're going to pull that card, I'm still confused as to how a Marine can take a Tempest shot to the face and still walk around, inject himself with drugs and go out guns blazin'.
Reply Quote
If you're going bio MSC+BS shouldn't be an issue. If you're going a factory style opening it can be a real pain in the !@#. Marine+bunker+siege tank can defend it but you have to spot it coming and position perfectly.

Honestly the MSC is a completely retarded unit - it was designed to keep protoss alive early game, which it does. However the fact that it can be a hyper aggressive tool making it easy for incredible early game aggression as well as defense is just stupid. Flys to your bunker with 1 zlot 1 stalker. 2 marines dont hold unless you pull scvs and lose at least 2 before the zlot goes down. He then floats around to your mineral line and reduces 50% of your mineral income on 4 patches plus a geyser. Nothing you can do about it either.

A really broken unit that never should have been made separable from the nexus.
But hey, Terran has OPAF speedvacs hellbats and widow mines so can't complain too much.
Reply Quote
Not to mention that the MSC has a vision range of 14.

Against MSC + blink-allins, you have to build the good ol' siege tank and bunkers everywhere. If they do try to expand, keep in mind with the amount they invested into blink and that many stalkers, their tech will be severely behind and often you can just crush them later into the game if you defended successfully with minimal scv losses.

Also note against a blink all-in you should just give up your natural; you're not going to be able to keep it.
Reply Quote
Before you make a thread pertaining to balance, you may want to get your facts straight.

1. Stalker's have a relatively low DPS, at only 6.9 damage per second. They are out DPS'd by Marines, Marauder's, and 1 Marauder beats 1 Stalker, so if they are going Blink Stalker opener, just get a few Marauder's.

2. MSC's only have a movement speed of 1.88, whereas I think Marines have a movement speed of 2.25 unstimmed ( I'm not a Terran, so please correct me on this. ) We were getting crushed early game before the MSC, and it was a much needed buff.

I have never really done a ridiculous amount of damage with Blink Stalker's Opening, unless my opponent made a huge mistake and made marines to counter the Stalker's. And you stating that a unit takes 2 shots of a Widow Mine to kill, it's like your saying that all units should instantly die. If you're going to pull that card, I'm still confused as to how a Marine can take a Tempest shot to the face and still walk around, inject himself with drugs and go out guns blazin'.

It's not a balance whine and honestly I was frustrated last night after fighting three different MSC/Stalker combinations plus 6 others the week before.

I go Mech during this match up. So it's likely that if I went bio, I wouldn't be angered too much. The Marine in fact does move a bit faster than the MSC but catching it is a problem. Because assuming it has stalkers or zealots with it, it makes the survivability of said unit much better.

When I mentioned, two widow mines, I'm talking about early defense. Widow mines are the only unit after the marine that can shoot up. Two widows should be enough to delay a push coming especially since once it goes off you won't be able to attack with it again for 40 seconds. Two widow mines are your only chance of stopping the MSC from giving sight for other units such as Blink stalkers to be move aggressive, because they are "cloaked".

If it was a bunker instead of the mines, the sight range from the MSC allows stalkers to shoot at it without losing much health, if at all. Against Blink Stars and early rushes in general, it's likely you won't kill it before taking huge amounts of damage yourself; whether through the time warp or just the harass in general.

That's my problem with it. You need to kill the MSC because it makes Toss units even stronger despite the fact that it's suppose to be for defense. And since Blink Stalkers were already a PITA before, it makes defending it really frustrating.
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Alcibiades
If you're going bio MSC+BS shouldn't be an issue. If you're going a factory style opening it can be a real pain in the !@#. Marine+bunker+siege tank can defend it but you have to spot it coming and position perfectly.

actually i have had an easier time defending blink all ins with a factory FE opening than going 1 rax into 3 rax... its map dependant but i ended up veto'ing the maps with lots of area to jump into the base (pretty much always expect blink or reapers on star station)

the trick is just keeping your scouting scv at his natural behind the mineral line to spot for the expansion or not, if there is not expo by 6 min then pretty much prepare for the all in

what i do is swap the reactor back to the barracks and get a tech lab on the factory, usually more than enough to cause the protoss to take more damage than they could do
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]