StarCraft® II

Korhal sky city

Is the weird spawn on this map even winnable in zvt?

1 base Hellions into hellbat drops right into my nat. He has a free elevator into the back of my nat.

I didn't play it perfectly (didn't know how many units i'd need to get rocks down in time, or how much to defend nat.

But like..wtf this map?
Reply Quote
I would veto it. Favors the Terran and Protoss in a big way. Only good engagement area is in the middle. Otherwise it's choke city.
Reply Quote
Yeah, this was the first time i've had the weird spawns, i think. Rest of my other games were normal spawn vs protoss, and that was fine.

Vetoing it for now. Kind didn't want to do it,i like new maps, but this is too much.
Reply Quote
Yeah, that map is evil.
Reply Quote
have you considered roach rushing on that map? it's quite good, especially if you scout ahead of time to see which side he's fortifying his wall on and attack on the other side. try something along the lines of hatch first, but skipping your first queen and making about 5-8 roaches instead to be aggressive

edit: only in the wonky positions of course. other spawns are pretty standard.

I hadn't thought about it. That was only my first time on this map with these spawns, so i was really uncomfortable.

I don't normally do any rushes (very much a standard macro player).

He also went 1base hellion, so they hit at 6minutes. Wayyyyy earlier than i'm used to. He really abused the map well.

But yeah, any one of those 3 things make me a bit uncomfortable, all 3 was ugh.
Reply Quote
Here is the replay

http://drop.sc/346487

There's a ton of things i could improve on, as soon as i saw the spawns i got really uncomfortable trying to account for everything.

Also, apologies for the slight rage. I almost never do (out loud anyway, lol), this is the first time since i was a bronze noob, to be honest.
Reply Quote
I actually love that map, it really just throws all normal early games out the window in those odd spawns and allows for a lot of aggression. Sadly I very rarely get those odd spawns and when I do its usually against another Zerg.
Reply Quote
I love the weird spawn. How the heck do they wall-in to stop zergling rushes?
Reply Quote
Im pretty high winrate on that map. I like it a lot. If you get map control, you can limit them to 2 base the whole game.
Reply Quote
Veto'd this for awhile to focus on builds I am more familiar with on less gimmick maps.

I think roach rushing would work but I have no idea how to hide it from either protoss or terran, and vs zerg I would never open roach in favor of zerglings to pressure.
Reply Quote
Is the weird spawn on this map even winnable in zvt?

1 base Hellions into hellbat drops right into my nat. He has a free elevator into the back of my nat.

I didn't play it perfectly (didn't know how many units i'd need to get rocks down in time, or how much to defend nat.

But like..wtf this map?

Worst map imo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]