StarCraft® II

Phantom Files

"To do with the weapons, the sword I am perfectly fine with, it isn't a problem with me. But the all new guns without him having any hints at having good skills in constructing weapons, it doesn't make sense to me. Modified, yes. And now for the armour, if it is so durable, you'd think the Dominion and Umojans would have that type of armour, same with the Protoss. I mean it is form fitting points to it being light and thin, while taking many hits from a powerful weapon (that doesn't yet exist) that the user's armour can barely take a few hits, and it is far thicker armour.

"Also, Mengsk must have spent a fair amount of years to create the barrier, and it wasn't perfect, so your most definitely have holes as well."
Edited by ShadowFury on 7/9/2013 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, I lack a BW counterpart, but for conviences sake, I went with it. And I know. Hence the rumors. His reputation has built a lot of scary rumors. If that were true, why join a side? Then the weapons won't increase in power. Think AUG with a grenade launcher and scope for the assault rifle, or an M16esque one. Then the pistols are...well, I couldn't tell you what an SC semi auto pistol looks like. In retrospect, I don't think we've ever seen one. The SMGs are custom, but only because I've never seen an SC one. In all honesty, I'm asking for a little wiggle room, nothing more.

Edit-Form fitting is the only way I can think of to describe it. His backstory will come out as needed, though his weaponry building prowess is plenty good. Just trust me on this. I spent extensive time building him from the ground up.
Edited by Zarkun on 7/9/2013 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Submachine_gun
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Chain_rifle
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Grenade_launcher
"Modifications on these, perhaps."
Reply Quote
Zarkun, I do know that there is the C-220 Pistol which is very lovely... Crime Bosses love them and apparently the best pistol money can buy.

For SMGs... there are Gauss SMGs... you have to look at Starcraft Wikia for more information... Plus that grenade launcher attachment wouldn't make any sense as I don't believe they have grenade launchers... though I do believe that they have an actual grenade launcher.

/shrug

I just get this feeling that an Gauss Rifle would be more effective... but that's my two cents... Hmm... We are giving you some wiggle room... but mostly I would just like some more Starcraft stuff. :/ It makes it so no one else can get all... overboard... other day I had Morph asking if he could bring Kit in. :/
Reply Quote
Let's not forget Kit is his first answer for everything.

07/09/2013 07:11 PMPosted by Zarkun
Edit-Form fitting is the only way I can think of to describe it. His backstory will come out as needed, though his weaponry building prowess is plenty good. Just trust me on this. I spent extensive time building him from the ground up.

Put this in while you posted. He is plenty SC. Just trust me. I know I've said it before, but if he ends up UED, he won't see a fight for sometime RP wise. Least far as I know. Like I said in the edit, I spent a lot of time building from the ground up.
Reply Quote
Name: Sam Romine
Physical Appearance: 6'4, 245 pounds, muscular, long greasy gray and black hair. Deep, dark eyes. Likes to wear a straw hat. Has a southern accent.
Background: Not much is known. Little is asked. They say he was a hero of some kind once, and the Dominion wanted to give him something he'd like as a reward. So now he gets to be a sort of boogeyman for younger students, and a more serious threat to older ones. After all, he supposedly advises the Dominion about the place.
Edited by DacderOvilor on 7/9/2013 7:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Name: Jessica Galler
Physical appearance: Neck length blood red hair kept pulled back in a ponytail most of the time. She stands at about 5'1" and has hazel eyes. She has a very light build and rather simple features as she has hit puberty but the training has been rigorous enough to prevent certain development. Fair complexion and light toned skin. Some apparent grease marks on her arms and on her face at times.
Backstory: Jessica was born on a fringe world to a rather poor prospector family. She was the seventh child of nine and the only one with apparent psionics. Her father recognized some of the base traits for psionics when she was only a year old by her fixing one of his machines with out even touching it. He didn't belief it at first and decided to test her by putting another damage machine near her and watch her fix it.
he knew psionics were rare but that ability he had never seen before and sent a message to Korhal hoping to make some profit by turning her over to the Ghost Academy. Strangely enough one of her first memories is her father handing her to a Ghost and counting the credits that they gave him.
With that she has abandonment issues and tends to be reclusive not really wanting to make friends nor wanting to know people she lives with. She does however find herself more inclined to spending time with machines and AI as they tend to show more loyalty even though they are programed to.
Abilities: Techno/Mechnopathy, Energy Feed,

Name: Johnathan Flint
Occupation: Lieutenant in the UED and Squad leader for a forward strike force composed mostly of heavily modified Goliaths.
Physical appearance: Stands 6'4" wearing his brown hair short and neat with emerald green eyes. Normally has a smile on his face especially when off duty and at a bar. Has a small scar on his chest from when he was fighting in an alley to protect his much younger brother, that was before the UPL took Dan into their Ghost program. Medium build with muscle mass making up for most of it.
Wears basic pilots clothing when not in his walker. His formal uniform shows a few medals and patches from campaigns and his squad.
Backstory: John grew up on Earth in a middle class family that was very close and protective of it's own.
When he was six he was fighting off some kids in an alley that had decided to pick a fight with his brother Dan. One of the kids grabbed a broken bottle and struck him in the chest with it leaving a small scar. Dan then did something to one of the kids that raised a lot of questions which then led to the UPL's Ghost program to take him. John stayed in contact with his brother as much as he could and enlisted into the UPL when he came of age. He left with the UPL/UED expedition forces to reclaim the terran colonies in the Korpurlu sector. He now leads a forward team of Goliath walkers that act as shock troops, scouting party, and clearing landing zones for UED troops and bases.
When not on the front lines or on duty he can be found either working on his Goliath, drinking with his friends, or talking with his brother.

Name: Daniel Flint.
Physical Appearance: 6'3" with muscular build and blue eyes. Hair color would show as red but he keeps it to short for many to notice. Wears a standard ghost suit with UED emblems and medals apparent. His field suit only has the emblems of the UED and his squad.
Backstory: Family details: Please refer to Johnathan's Backstory for that.
Was taken at the age of 5 by the UPL Ghost program when he mind wiped a kid that was attacking him. Trained as a Ghost before going into the standard ranks. Tends to be rather quite and observant. Unlike his brother he does not have a taste for drink and tends to be more anti-social.
Abilities: Mind wipe (Can wipe the mind of a NPC of any information he wishes. Tends to use this for spying missions to avoid having his cover blown.) Standard Ghost abilities. PI of 7
Edited by LeKroger on 7/10/2013 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
redacted earlier statements about Jake. decided I will keep him. though whether I will implement my idea with him or on a different character is unknown at this time.
Reply Quote
I'd suggest you use the SC timeline on the wiki for events between 2500-2504. It might help the DMs with creating content.

It's interesting to note that most characters will be tweens and teens by the time WOL starts (2504).

HoTS starts at 2504 shortly after the events in Flashpoint and continues to 2505 although it is not known when it ends. Then LOTV begins.

2512 is when the Dark Voice wins the war in the alternative future so a lot of stuff in between will be Hybrids Vs everyone else.
Reply Quote
Looks interesting. I take issue with a couple of things, but they are fairly minor. I will probably join this if I have time.
Reply Quote
Name: James Tark
Physical Appearance: 5'6, brown colored eyes, tanned skin, looks to muscled later on, light-ish brown hair
vary straightforward, you can see it in his eyes.
Custom Skill Sets: Sniper, Telepathy, Telekinesis, First Aid.
Background: doesn't know very much about his background, for he was *almost* brainwashed. what he does know is that he was raised on Agria as a farmer, and unleashed his psionic power when some lyotes got his lambs. On account of this he is very caring with docile, and helpless animals. Other than that and brief memories of his parents and farm, he knows nothing.

EDIT: changed hacking and sniper
Edited by treetophuntr on 7/10/2013 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"Smlez, I was actually thinking of doing that, believe it or not. Knarled, may I ask what they are to see if they are issues we can fix. And TreeTop, I will be conferring with Crymson when he returns."
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 09:51 AMPosted by treetophuntr
Long Range Sniping
Wouldn't Sniper suffice? Just saying. :P

07/10/2013 09:51 AMPosted by treetophuntr
Hacking
We really don't need two hackers. :/

07/10/2013 09:49 AMPosted by KnarledOne
Looks interesting. I take issue with a couple of things, but they are fairly minor. I will probably join this if I have time.
3:< Tell us.
Reply Quote
Tree: MAH HACKING! NO JACKING!
Reply Quote
Wait, what? When exactly is this taking place? I'm getting mixed messages here...
Reply Quote
2500 start of BW
Reply Quote
The training spooks go through is FOUR YEARS LONG at least! thus unless our characters are throwbacks from confed times they likely won't have done a single full year of training before the UED arrives. Nova is the only known ghost to enter service with the shortest training time of 2.5 years and she was rather motivated by being able to forget her past and her abilities were ... exceptional.

Contrary to KO's statements last night ... the instructors did NOT try to crush resistance or remove any kind of hope or individuality. in fact Spook dorms are usually covered in posters and other personal effects. Modifications being made to weaponry was common and still is. Yes the instructors ran them hard and long but crushing stuff was, of course, what the inhibitors and post Dominion take over Resoc tubes were for.

Also Spooks were separated by age. Similar to normal grade school style but ... much more deadly. I believe like 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, etc. though also by level of training. Such as you could have a number of different groups of 13-14 year olds based on when they 'recruited'

Dominion did NOT EVER use Inhibitors of any kind except maybe aggression inhibitors. During Confed times the inhibitors were implanted only at the END of training unless a Spook proved especially ... difficult.

As for the Academy itself. Underground with a small high security outpost and starport above. A few high level people mainly as instructors. Any guards are just going to be run of the mill marine corp or other military branches. A few 'Active' Ghosts are also likely stationed in the Academy.

If I remember anything else I shall add it either in this or another post.
Edited by TheLostMorph on 7/11/2013 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Background: doesn't know very much about his background, for he was *almost* brainwashed. what he does know is that he was raised on Agria as a farmer, and unleashed his psionic power when some lyotes got his lambs. On account of this he is very caring with docile, and helpless animals. Other than that and brief memories of his parents and farm, he knows nothing.

Nova is the only known ghost to enter service with the shortest training time of three years and she was rather motivated by being able to forget her past.

:P
Reply Quote
Kerrigan is rumored to have been just as short, if not shorter, though she herself admits she spent more time being a guneia pig for Zerg testing. Also, is Deathstrike in? If not, I'm working on a timeline appropriate character. No it's not Zack. It's a from scratch, no inspiration guy. And I actually should say will, not am.
Reply Quote
Morph while that is possible think that the Dominion will probably be desperate especially when they are losing a war with the UED. I'd think that they would use what ever resources they have available for fighting that battle. I mean come on it is Arcturus Mengsk you are talking about.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]