Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
As always, we’ve been keeping a close eye on the balance of things, and have decided to address the issues concerning Terran and the Hellbat.
Here are our thoughts:
1. Hellbat drops are mainly an issue for TvT.
2. Terran isn't over performing so while nerfing Hellbats, we’d like to simultaneously push a buff to the Banshee.
3. We think seeing less Hellbat play in the early mid game is not a bad thing, as other Terran harass options are a lot more interesting to watch.
4. This change will also address any other lingering concerns we may have with Hellbats outside of TvT when it comes to early mid game.
So overall, we believe the changes we've been testing in the balance test map are solid for Hellbats:
Banshee changes on the other hand, we're planning on going ahead with just the cost reduction change only:
Let us know if you have any feedback. We are looking to implement these changes sometime this week.
Edited by Cloaken on 7/8/2013 10:29 AM PDT
This banshee buff is a little too much I think. Cloak will hit so much faster, the research time will still be the same but it will be researched a considerable amount sooner since the difference between 100 and 200 gas that early in the game is huge.
I think it will hit just a tad too fast and be punishing for players that don't have great scouting.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.