StarCraft® II

Final Stand Redux

Posts: 27,187
Mars

Harris speaks up. "They can man the walls. They aren't your men anymore, Eric. You're part of Draco's squad, making them our men."

[Draco]

"We'll wait to leap into the midst when they break through the gate, causing as much havoc as we can."

Korhal IV

The creature simply waits, it's eyes measuring it's ability to avoid any shots that will come it's way.
Reply Quote
Posts: 7,820
IC:
[Eric]
I stand motionless for a moment, as if processing what he'd said, before speaking again;
"Right. What do you want the hardsuits armed with? We brought a full weapons load for them."
Reply Quote
Posts: 27,187
Mars

Harris laughs grimly. "What ever kills these SOBs faster."
Reply Quote
Posts: 7,820
IC:
[Eric]
"Flame-throwers, assault cannons, flak guns and grenade and missile launchers... I think the assault cannons and missile launchers aught to be able to rip anything apart. Any arguments?"
Reply Quote
Posts: 27,187
Mars

"None." Harris returns to deliberating battle positions and Draco shows Eric where to go.
Reply Quote
Posts: 8,015
[Earth]
I move down the hall keeping an eye out for zerg and probing my surroundings cautiously with my psionics.
Reply Quote
Posts: 27,187
Earth

Nothing seems to be impeding the progress of Zorra and the engineers until they near the door to the main conduits. Out of the shadows steps a large creature, a large bone hammer in it's hand and it's mind unfindable. It's eyes glowed a dull red with a deep intelligence in them and it's finger nails were like claws, but only an inch or so long, though the bone armor that was covering every inch of it's body was slightly more worrisome. It issued a challenge in the form of a low growl, raising it's hammer above it's head and slamming it against the ground. Clearly they weren't passing until it was dead.
Reply Quote
Posts: 8,015
[Earth]
"Great." I mutter to myself sarcastically. I motion for the engineers to stay back and slowly approach the warrior making sure to stay out of range of its hammer as I look for a weak spot.
Reply Quote
Posts: 27,187
Earth

Another low growl is uttered before it steps forward, faster than should be possible for it's size and swings the hammer, landing a glancing blow on Zorra's left shoulder.
Reply Quote
Posts: 8,015
I groan and roll my shoulder. It already hurt but not a lot and I could tell I'd be feeling it in the morning if not sooner. I put a couple rounds into its armpit area and neck while dancing away favoring my uninjured arm but only slightly.
Reply Quote
Posts: 27,187
Earth

The rounds richochet off the armor, a testament to Zerg adaptations and it swings again, aiming for the legs.
Reply Quote
Posts: 8,015
[Earth]
I jump and the hammer swings underneath me. I grudgingly half chuck half slide my rifle into a corner and draw my two plasma sabers igniting them. So far I hadn't really met anything that could stop them except a protoss psi/warpblade.
Reply Quote
Posts: 7,820
IC:
[Eric]
I nod, passing along the orders, the Chimera force quickly falling into formation;
"Done. Where do you want them? I think they would best be employed in some sort of kill box to rip the attacking force to shreds with the crossfire."
Reply Quote
Posts: 4,927
[Mars]
I set several mines down and attach them to the network for the mines, and turn on the radio.
{How long until they breach the gate, if at all?}

[Korhal IV]
I continue to stare at the beast, before letting the Blaster go off, letting off a rapid hail of rounds that would melt the carapace of the creature should they hit. I bring my scythe up front and start back-pedalling, looking for a tunnel to break off to, preferably one with enough room to maneuver.
Reply Quote
Posts: 27,187
Mars

{They're still navigating your traps in the canyon. That was a job well done. You've another twenty mikes.} Harris sighs. "You'll relinquish command, Eric. They're my responsibility now. I'll get them where they're needed."

Korhal IV

The creature dives under the blasts, taking Cea'lil's legs out from under her as she nears a tunnel entrance she can tell is promising for her needs. It then resumes it's neutral stance, waiting.
Reply Quote
Posts: 8,015
What? Nothing? Really?
Reply Quote
Posts: 7,820
IC:
[Eric]
I stand there for a moment as if mulling over an argument before simply saluting;
"Yes Sir, They're yours to command... And take good care of them, they're a long way from home."
With that, I head for where Draco sent me.
Reply Quote
Posts: 4,927
[Korhal IV]
I flare the jets on my back, catching myself and righting me. The Blaster, however, wasn't even bothered by the creature's movements, nor its attempt to knock me down, and the whole time it continues its firing on it. I bring my Scythe in front of me again, waiting for it to try it again.
Edited by Jester on 7/20/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Posts: 27,187
Jester, the creature is between you and the tunnel. Morph, sorry. Here it 'tis.

Earth

The creature shifts it's momentum from the hammer's head to it's grip and slams the butt end of the grip into Zorra's chest, cracking ribs and sending her flying.
Reply Quote
Posts: 4,927
OCC: Extremely vague with your post and the creature's position......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]