StarCraft® II

Tounament on 7/21/2013 $250.00 Prize

(Locked)

Also depending on what you are using the money for it could be a federal crime to wire money to you.

I'm not saying it is but you need to get a bit more familiar with financing before setting up this kind of arrangement.

I don't think you are a scammer because I don't think most real scammers would be this incompetent at revealing any intentions they might have.

That being said I don't advise anyone to enter this tournament. You will likely lose money and have much better odds playing poker or blackjack.
Let's for a second assume this tournament is legitimate.

There are a lot of tournaments that don't ask for any entrance fee while boosting higher prize pools.

Forcing Starcraft players to gamble in addition to beating out their competition is a very difficult request. This would be poorly received even if you were a respected member of the community.

Forcing the community to pay into funding your tournaments is also in very poor taste. A lot of people here don't have very much money so this is kind of an insult to them.

Realistically you need to find a way to get yourself well known and respected before you jump into the tournament scene. Alternatively get other people from the community to support you.

If you were friends with Day9 who then was willing to go live on his channel and say join Pro's tournament it will be cool and fun then you'd get a lot less flak for trying to charge an entrance fee.

Try holding Community tournaments either with no prize or a prize based solely on donations or a sponsorship.

I'll be honest even if I was a GM smurfing master I still wouldn't feel comfortable entering this tournament even knowing I would have a very good chance of winning.

You have every right to be skeptical, please join us on the 21st for the tourney and enjoy.

Thank you
ProMode
Also depending on what you are using the money for it could be a federal crime to wire money to you.

I'm not saying it is but you need to get a bit more familiar with financing before setting up this kind of arrangement.

I don't think you are a scammer because I don't think most real scammers would be this incompetent at revealing any intentions they might have.

That being said I don't advise anyone to enter this tournament. You will likely lose money and have much better odds playing poker or blackjack.

I have looked into the laws perfectly, contacted my lawyer about the subject, put in an application to blizzard for this and was approved by them. I see where you are coming from, however I am taking all of the proper steps. There is nothing illegal with what I am doing.

Thank you
ProMode
Here you are guys, as promised. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me, this is not a template or copy of anyone else's tournament rules, these are rules that I have carefully read over and put in place to make this tournament run as smooth as possible.

Type: 1v1.
Ranks Allowed: Bronze,Silver,Gold,Platinum,Diamond,Master *Sorry no GM's this time*
Category: Melee
Speed: Faster
Time: 4:00 PM Arizona Time
Entry Fee: $10.00.
Prize Pool: Winner receives $250.00.

Elimination
First Round: Single Elimination.
Rounds Two\Three: Best of 3.
Round Four: Best of 5.
Final: Best of 7.

Tournament Rules

Rule 1 Players must check in for the tournament 1 hour before the tournament is to take place.
Rule 2 Players much choose from the map pool that has been provided by the tournament host
Rule 3 If there is a hardware malfunction then please report it to the the Host Admin and the game will be reviewed and a judgment will be made as to whether the game will be replayed or not.
Rule 4 If a player is found cheating in ANY way they will immediately be removed from the competition and NO refund will be given.
Rule 5 Players may NOT compete in the tournament unless they have paid their entry fee in full.
Rule 6 All games will have a designated Referee in them and No game will be started without the Ref being present
Rule 7 If a game is started without a Ref, the game will be restarted and NOT counted as valid.
Rule 8 If a player feels that something was unfair in the game (cheating of some sort) the player must immediately inform the referee that they would like to protest the game, and the game will be restarted and not considered valid if the referee deems that the game was indeed altered in some way.
Rule 9 No player friends are allowed to spectate the game unless previously agreed by both parties.
Rule 10 Un-sportsman like conduct will not be tolerated; this includes cursing/BM/Rude attitudes. This is a Professional environment and immature actions will not be tolerated.
Rule 11 If a player has displayed un-sportsman like conduct, the player filing the complaint must take a screenshot of the event, that player will then be dealt with depending on the severity of the situation.
Rule 12 No Warm-Up Games may be played outside of scheduled matches once the tournament has begun.
Rule 13 Players that have paid and do not check in for the tournament on time or do not show up for their scheduled match will be forfeit from the tournament without refund.

Gameplay Rules

Rule 1 The losing player will choose the map for the next game.
Rule 2 No map may be played more than once in a series, unless otherwise agreed upon by both parties AND it is approved by the host of the tournament.
Rule 3 First map played will be chosen at random by the tournament host for the first game of Round 1 only. For the first game of the following rounds, the Referee will make a blind pick for the map to be played.
Rule 4 The latest official Patch version will be used throughout the Event.
Rule 5 Players who quit out of a Game before it has ended, without Referee’s permission, will lose the Game.
Rule 6 If a player asks to pause the game, the opponent must respond in a timely manner. If the asking player is ignored, the referee will deem this action as un-sportsman like conduct and the offending player will forfeit the match.
Rule 7 If a player pauses the game, that player has 2 minutes to resume play. If the paused player does not return within the allotted two minutes, they will forfeit the match.
Rule 8 If a player is disconnected during a game, that player will have 5 minutes from when the drop occurred to restart the game otherwise the ref will deem the game a loss for the disconnected player.

Cheating

Cheating will be defined as any attempt to alter the knowledge/outcome of the game at hand for either player. this is includes stream cheating/map hacking as well as any other dishonest attempt to unfairly gain an advantage in any manner.

Un-sportsman like conduct

Un-sportsman like conduct will be defined but not limited to any attempt to slander or verbally abuse a player in or out of gameplay (AKA Trolling). Pausing the game without asking the other player and receiving their consent, or any other action performed by an individual in order to cause a problem.

How to Register

My website is still in the process of being built, for now registration is done on my Twitch.TV/ProMode1 page. You must leave me a message stating that you would like to join the tournament along with your information to add on starcraft(user name #000). My website WILL be complete before this tournament has started, and you will be given a special invite to re-register officially for this tournament as soon as my website is live.

Thank you
ProMode
It's a great thing to be entrepreneurial and and create new business ventures. However you have failed in the first step of promoting a product or service. Before you can gain anyones trust you need to sell YOURSELF first. If people dont know who you are or what you are really all about, how can you expect to take their money?

Take a few popular posters here on the forums. Doncroft, fingrknitter, HTOMario, Nasreth, Techno, along with others. If any one of these individuals were to set a up a tournament like you, they would stand a greater chance of success.

Why? Because these people already have the trust of the community. They've been around for some time, and contributed many hours for the well-being of others.

Just something for you to consider while you fumble further to get people on board.
Community Manager
To clarify, a tournament license does not mean that the tournament is supported or endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment. A tournament license strictly means that we have given a user permission to run a StarCraft II tournament on the Battle.net service as long as certain stipulations are met and the tournament organizer agrees to the Tournament Terms of Use. It is the responsibility of the tournament organizer to prove the legitimacy of his or her tournament to potential players and spectators.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]