StarCraft® II

If-Then-Else Not Working

I have been making a DotA style map for the last few hours and I was using the guide at "http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/resources/tutorials/16045-complete-noobs-guide-to-dota-style-maps-part-1/" to help me along. I'm at step 12 with the if-then-else statements but for some reason it's not letting me put in a statement for anything, the if, then, or else. Everything else has worked fine and I followed the instructions to the letter. Has anyone else encountered this problem? It won't let me set the if to "owner of unit = 11".
Reply Quote
I'm always pressing (ctrl + w) to add actions / conditions / variables / parameters.

You need to click on the name of the branch, the "if", "then" or the "else" to add a new element there.

Also, you can always create it next to the if-then-else and drag + drop it where it needs to be.

Btw, a screenshot if your if-then-else and the trigger might help understanding why you are struggling. Maybe there is indeed a bug that only occurs in several scenarios and you found one.
Edited by Ahli on 7/15/2013 3:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/linkaxys1/media/Untitled_zps65e195d3.png.html"

That's a picture of my triggers tab, and when I click on either the if, then, else actions none of them open up a new window or allow me to set a command to them. I basically spam clicking on them and nothing happens, when I right click on it, most of the options other than new, and new variable are grey.
Reply Quote
right clcik over the if and press add condition

if that doesnt work make a condition in the condition section and drag it into the if section
please reply if it helps
Reply Quote
"http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/linkaxys1/media/Untitled_zps65e195d3.png.html"

That's a picture of my triggers tab, and when I click on either the if, then, else actions none of them open up a new window or allow me to set a command to them. I basically spam clicking on them and nothing happens, when I right click on it, most of the options other than new, and new variable are grey.

What opens up a window when you just click it in the trigger editor?

Your options to add a condition/action are:
- right click the if/then/else and select "new Element"
- left click if/then/else and press CTRL + W on your keyboard to add a new element (<- I'm using this all the time)
- left click if/then/else and press the "new element" button at the top of the screen

I see no problem or any unintended behavior here. =/

Ctrl + W is the time-saver in the trigger module. Use it! :D
Reply Quote
Ok, I did not know I was adding a condition lmao, I'm still new to the map editor and I thought double clicking on the "if" would bring up a list of actions I could perform, I just added the condition like Legit said and it worked. Didn't even know "owner of unit = 11" was a condition, really wasn't thinking, but thanks for your help fellas! My problem is solved!!
Reply Quote
haha no problem bro ive been working long hours XD

yea ik what you mean its gonna happen alot this also goes for local varibles XD
like my posts XD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]