StarCraft® II

Arcade Nights: Your Opinions

MVP - StarCraft
Every now and then we do impromptu Arcade Nights after Replay Nights simmers down. I've been thinking of making this a separate event since I first started Replay Nights, but more and more people have been asking for it.

There are a few things I want to ask your guys thought's about before officially starting it up.

• What Arcade maps should we play?
  • Please post a list of maps you'd like to play at Arcade Night. Please put the maximum number of players for that map in brackets before the map name, like so:

[7] Apples Against Humanity

• Will it even work?

• A problem we've run into a few times doing after-replay-nights Arcades is that the vast majority of Arcade maps don't have a very high player count. Everyone's favorite maps can't be played, because we have too many people.

In my opinion, the only reason it ever works at all is because we're usually doing it in secret, after Replay Nights when a lot of people have left.

I think the idea of playing arcades if anything appeals to more people then watching replays. Sometimes we cap out Replay Nights with 16 people, with more wanting to get in. If we host Arcade Nights, independently advertise it, and give it a full time range of it's own instead of tacked in at the end -- will it even work?

We will have to split into multiple parties, if not for the majority of every Arcade Nights then at least peak times. From our attempts to do this at Replay Nights in the past (such as playing onegoal) I think some of you already know the pitfalls of that. It gets really hectic and confusing, especially on the Skype call side of things.

Oh, don't forget the part were everyone wants to play Pictionary and one sour grape refuses to play it; or we all want to play Star Strikers and someone isn't awesome enough to handle it. :P We can live with that though.

• When\how often should it be held?

• Some people have suggested it take turns with replay nights. One week we do replays, next week we do arcades. Good idea, or bad idea?

Otherwise, I'm thinking replay nights will go back to Friday and we'll have arcade nights on Saturday. (Both at 7:30 PM EST, as usual)

Current map pool suggestions:

Fewer than 4 (Observers)
      [2] SC2BW
      [2-8] SC:Expanded

4 Player
      [4] Ling Ling Rocket

5 Player
      [5]5v3MaxAI
      [5] Nightmare in the laboratory

6 Player
      [6] Haunted Forest
      [6] Special Forces Elite 4: Shared Income Ver
      [6] DBZ All Sagas Beta
      [6] Zurvivor Zerg: Rebirth

7 Player
      [7] Pictionary

8 Player
      [8 ]Bx Monobattles
      [8] Strikers (people can obs)
      [8] SC1+SC2 Total Conversion mod (people can obs)
      [8] 2v2v2v2
      [8] SC2 Micro Tournament
      [8] Macro Micro
      [8] Night of the Dead
      [8] Raynor Party Revival
      [8] Fastest Possible Map
      [8] Civilization Sapphire
      [8] Risk Action Addition
      [8] Grocery Store War
      [8] Phantom Mode
      [8] Snipers Promod
      [8] Party Craft

9 Player

10 Player
      [10] Starwars Assault
      [10] Peepmode (people can obs)
      [10] Doodad Hunt
      [10] Ice Baneling Escape

11 Player
      [11] Catch N Run
      [11] A song of Fire and Ice
      [11] Doomed Earth Revised

12 Player
      [12] Blood Marathon
      [12] Star Battle
      [12] Hero Attack
      [12] Hunger Games SC
      [12] Star Dodge Ball
      [12] Undead Asssault 3
      [12] Cat n Mouse Water World

13 Player
      [13] Blasterbots (people can obs)

14 Player
      [14] Runling Run 4
      [14] Diplomacy DV
      [14] The Thing revival
      [14] Random Slide
      [14] Pictionary

15 Player
      [15] Mafia

16 Player
    Edited by TheSkunk on 7/23/2013 10:14 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Ok
    Reply Quote
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I wouldn't recommend alternating them though.
    Reply Quote
    Darn, I was about to make a thread on this. I'm fine with either alternating the two or having them on both in the same week. I think while Replay Night is on Saturdays, Arcade Nights could be on Fridays then just switch them when RN goes to Fridays, w/e everyone else chooses I'm fine with.

On this thread we could have a list of games and the recommended amount of people to play. Ex: StarStrikers 4v4 or Apples Against Humanity 7 players. Then we could have a queue of the games we would play, kind of like the queue in RN. I don't know if it would really change anything, but already having a list of games to play (some of us have this memorized already) could make things go a little more smoothly.
    Reply Quote
    MVP - StarCraft
    07/21/2013 09:10 AMPosted by CrazyBread
    On this thread we could have a list of games and the recommended amount of people to play. Ex: StarStrikers 4v4 or Apples Against Humanity 7 players. Then we could have a queue of the games we would play, kind of like the queue in RN. I don't know if it would really change anything, but already having a list of games to play (some of us have this memorized already) could make things go a little more smoothly.

The games we play would really be entirely at the mercy of how many people we have, not what we want to play -- unless you suggest we split into 2 parties?

And really, I think if we get the amount we sometimes get for replay nights - ie, 16 people - there will be literally no maps we can play without splitting up.
    Reply Quote
    07/21/2013 09:35 AMPosted by TheSkunk

The games we play would really be entirely at the mercy of how many people we have, not what we want to play -- unless you suggest we split into 2 parties?

And really, I think if we get the amount we sometimes get for replay nights - ie, 16 people - there will be literally no maps we can play without splitting up.

I think hes talking more along the lines of just letting people see whats available/being considered and allowed to voice their opinions. obviously planning an event with an unknown number of people implies a degree of variation from day to day. But if you just put out like a list of 4 player, 6 player, 8 player, etc maps just for people to look at and form opinions about, then people will come in prepared, knowing exactly what they would like toplay.
    Reply Quote
    MVP - StarCraft
    Yeah, it would kind of work to have a list of maps to play ranging from 4-16 players and just host whatever based on our current user count.

However, there are still issues of there not being many high-player maps, period. I guess I'll just try to compile a list of maps we could potentially play before I go ahead with the event, and see if we can make it work out in that regard or not.

That being said, feel free to suggest maps to play at the event, preceded by the maximum number of players for the said map.
    Reply Quote
    I´m in.
    Reply Quote
    I´m in.
    Saturdays are proing to be a little more difficult to attend than I originally intended. I would be down for Fridays or any other week night, either in conjunction or alternating with Replay Nights.
    As far as games, I am always down for Apples[7], Pictionary[7 IIRC?], PeepMode[8], 2v2v2v2 [8], or 5v3MaxAI[5]. I would be open to plenty of other games, especially with the group we have.
    Reply Quote
    Here is what is on my bookmark list so far

[2] SC2BW (people can obs)
    [2-8] SC:Expanded (people can obs)
    [6] Haunted Forest
    [8 ]Bx Monobattles
    [10] Starwars Assault
    [12] Blood Marathon
    [12] Star Battle
    [12] Hero Attack
    Edited by CrazyBread on 7/22/2013 9:58 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Raynor's Party - 8 players
    Reply Quote

SC2BW - 2 players others can obs
    SC:Expanded 2-4 depending on the map others can obs
    Haunted Forest - 6 players
    Apples Against Humanity - 7 players
    Bx Monobattles - 8 players
    Strikers - 8 players
    SC1+SC2 Total Conversion mod - 8 players
    Starwars Assault - 10 players
    Peepmode - 10 players
    Blood Marathon - 12 players
    Star Battle - 12 players
    Hero Attack - 12 players
    Blasterbots - 13 players

!@#$ing yes to all of these.
    Especially Blood Marathon.
    Reply Quote
    +1 for Raynor´s Party. So when we party?
    Reply Quote
    Bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
    Reply Quote

[2] SC2BW (people can obs)
    [2-4] SC:Expanded (people can obs)
    [6] Haunted Forest
    [8 ]Bx Monobattles
    [10] Starwars Assault
    [12] Blood Marathon
    [12] Star Battle
    [12] Hero Attack
    Good list.
    Reply Quote
    Why don't you hook up with these guys and actually have a chance?

http://www.campaigncreations.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3280

They already have infrastructure and all already set up. Plus many of them are mod makers going back to SC1 and beyond.
    Reply Quote
    I would love an arcade night!!! Every friday would work fantastically for me :D
    Reply Quote
    [4] Ling Ling Rocket
    [5] Nightmare in the laboratory
    [6] Special Forces Elite 4: Shared Income Ver
    [6] DBZ All Sagas Beta
    [6] Zurvivor Zerg: Rebirth
    [8] SC2 Micro Tournament
    [8] Macro Micro
    [8] Night of the Dead
    [8] Raynor Party Revival
    [8] Fastest Possible Map
    [8] Civilization Sapphire
    [8] Risk Action Addition
    [8] Grocery Store War
    [8] Phantom Mode
    [8] Snipers Promod
    [8] Party Craft
    [10] Doodad Hunt
    [10] Ice Baneling Escape
    [11] Catch N Run
    [12] Hunger Games SC
    [12] Star Dodge Ball
    [12] Undead Asssault 3
    [12] Cat n Mouse Water World
    [14] Runling Run 4
    [14] Diplomacy DV
    [14] The Thing revival
    [14] Random Slide
    [14] Pictionary
    Reply Quote
    I'd be down for an arcade night but don't alternate it with replay night. A seperate day would be better
    Reply Quote
    MVP - StarCraft
    07/22/2013 11:01 AMPosted by RaiDerRyaN
    I'd be down for an arcade night but don't alternate it with replay night. A seperate day would be better

I agree, but I don't know if I'd be able to make it 2 days every week. Might need someone else to step in as the host occasionally.

That being said, what if the times swapped? Saturday is Arcades and Friday is Replays, then next week Saturday is Replays and Friday is Arcades?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]