StarCraft® II

Getting 100% Achievements in One Campaign

The Wings of Liberty campaign is a lot of fun. I've probably played through it half a dozen times since getting into StarCraft II at the release of Heart of the Swarm.

I just now started to go for 100% achievements. Then I had an idea:

Would it be possible to go from 0% achievements to 100% achievements in just one campaign?

Let's say you just bought the game; you have no achievements completed. You start the Brutal campaign and after you complete the final mission (All In), you have all the achievements.

This would be an amazing feat, as you would have to get all the achievements on Brutal and complete the game in an eight-hour sitting (for "Its a Raid Night" achievement).

Does anyone know if this is even possible? You could say anything is possible for a skilled player, but it is also possible that Blizzard made some of the achievements impossible to complete on Brutal difficulty.

Right away, I see a few achievements that may be impossible to complete on Brutal:

Zero Hour: don't loose or salvage any structures AND destroy four Hatcheries.
    Safe Haven: save three colonies from being destroyed.
    Media Blitz: complete mission in under 20 minutes.

What do you think? Has anyone done it? I would love to try it when I have an eight-hour night to kill (when ladder becomes too depressing).

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
I'm actually doing it right now (on brutal, of course, otherwise no challenge)... I've played both campaigns on a friend's account before, and just got both games last week...

I believe it is doable, though it does require a few save and reload on the progress for a few places (such as the three choice missions, you do the alternative ones first to get their achievements, and then reload the choice moment to do the one you want to do and keep for the rest of the campaign). The main issue in getting everything in one go is getting the "Hurry up, It's Raider's Night" achievement (total game time < 8 hours) while playing through all the possible missions). For purchasing all armory upgrades, you can simply reload and purchase again to fill the count for all the armory achievements...

It's possible to get everything for Zero hour in one try on brutal. I played it aggressively and carefully enough to destroy the two bases on the left and didn't salvage/lose any building. And a tip: keep about 15 marines in the two destroyed bases, and they can prevent Nydus worm reinforcements from those areas (Nydus worms always pop up in around the same spot for each base), saving you a lot of trouble from the left side base defense. And be sure to grab the mineral and gas caches as early as you can to get more head start on economy...

For Safe Haven, it's definitely possible if you know the pace and work fast enough. I even barely saved 4 bases before (the only base the purifier destroyed is the demonstration one when it first appeared). You have to destroy each Nexus as fast as you can and just run to the next one after (don't bother clear each Protoss base), and you can destroy the purifier right as it gets over to the next base. Doing this can get the mission done under 10 minutes, also a good help on the 8 hour achievement...

Media Blitz is simple, take out all the factories and starports with the Odin first, then repair it and make 4-5 more Thors and a few tanks and attack the bases from right to left. Keep tanks on the beacons and use Odin and the thors to prevent as many medivac drops as you can from the Dominion, and use the few marines you start out with to destroy the science facility in the mean time. Make sure to use the Odin to tank damage (should be no problem if you repaired it to full health), and you can beat through it without losing a unit...
Edited by HermitHD on 7/28/2013 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To beat all 29 missions in 8 hours means you get 16 minutes per mission. Of course, several have a fixed amount of time, so you'd actually need to be quite a bit faster. On Brutal.

But even that might be theoretically possible if you were really good. What's completely impossible to get in one game is Master Mechanic; each of the armory achievements requires you to get all upgrades for that section, so to get them all in one game (for Master Mechanic) would require buying every single upgrade in the same game...and we know that that's impossible.
Reply Quote
07/28/2013 11:42 AMPosted by HermitHD
For purchasing all armory upgrades, you can simply reload and purchase again to fill the count for all the armory achievements...

07/29/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Yitzi
What's completely impossible to get in one game is Master Mechanic; each of the armory achievements requires you to get all upgrades for that section, so to get them all in one game (for Master Mechanic) would require buying every single upgrade in the same game...and we know that that's impossible.

I didn't realize that was impossible. I thought that you could get enough money once you've reached you Laboratory Research maximum and start getting paid for each research. Or just do what HermitHD recommended, if that works.

As far as 16 minutes per mission is concerned, that may be too difficult (too unrealistic), as too many missions are naturally over 16 minutes. I think In Utter Darkness takes one hour.

Thanks guys.
Reply Quote
No, no... My method for the armory achievements most definitely works. I just got them a few days ago; you can even reload to keep purchasing the same upgrades to fill the count of each category and get each of them...

You can only do up to 26 missions actually (do the alternative missions first, as I mentioned above, then reload the decision moment to play the other). So it's 18 something minutes per mission on average, which can be managed if you play the fast missions right to compensate for the few longer ones like All In, In Utter Darkness, Zero Hour, and the Evacuation...
Edited by HermitHD on 7/29/2013 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]