StarCraft® II

[Feature Request] Unit Killer/Location

Moved here from github[1] since this seems like a more appropriate location.

The UnitDiedEvents would be much more useful if their data was extended by an optional killing unit tag and location.

Example:
Zergling [B1A0005] (16,20) death at game_loop 2120
killed by SeigeTank [E130002] (17,22) owned by Player 2

We could even drop the killing player id since it can be derived from the killing unit.

This extra information would allow us to do much deeper engagement analysis!

[1] https://github.com/Blizzard/s2protocol/issues/11
Edited by ShadesofGray on 8/1/2013 2:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just throwing out my want for this feature, this would really make for some fun stats that i could add on sc2replaystats.com

So +1 :)
Reply Quote
+2!
Reply Quote
Hmm, I see that posts like this may be against the guidelines. If the OP is generally considered a good and reasonable idea I could see the majority of posts to be +1s.

Petition posts are frowned upon
These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

Can the mods provide some guidance here? With the introduction of tracker events into the replay it seems like there should be a way for the community to suggest ideas for future patches. In some sense, this may be similar to the balance suggestion/idea threads in the other forums.
Reply Quote
I'll echo the request. This is a VERY key statistic that would unlock a LOT of interesting analysis. Please look into making this available!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]