StarCraft® II

[Open BetaTest] SC Reawakening: The Great War

Hi!

I'm writing this post because our team, "SC Remake ITA" has been transforming MavercK's SC2BW mod to launch all the SC1 campaigns in the arcade: The 6 official ones remade by the SCMR team and revamped by ours, and the 4 extra campaigns (Precursor, Enslavers, Enslavers 2, and Stukov Saga).

Right now, the mod is compatible with the HOTS expansion, and we have really advanced the first 3 official campaigns but, before start uploading the maps, we want to be sure that the mod has the less amount of bugs possible.

That's why we've uploaded the map "KeSPA Fighting Spirit", wich is a port from BW created by Lunatic Sounds with our mod as dependency; and we're looking for testers to report us all the bugs they find.

The aim of the mod isn't to make a strict imitation of the original SC. We want to take advantage of all the benefits of SC2 engine and apply them to the original SC units. It has lots of custom models, and original sounds wich will surely cause nostalgia in the players.

If you want to watch some pictures of the units and heros, take a look at this thread in sc2mapster:

http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/player-zone/map-feedback/56027-sc-reawakening-the-great-war/#p1

Here are the links to the maps in arcade. You can find them by typing SCR-TGW in US or EU:

Map with BW Mod: starcraft://map/1/217344

Also, we've released an extension mod in the custom games section called "SCBW - SCR-TGW"

We're looking forward for your feedback! GL HF.

EDIT: I forgot the credits :P

"Starcraft Reawakening: The Great War" is a project of "StarCraft Remake ITA Team", integrated by: Zarxiel, DefilerRulez/DarkSkorpyon, TheTorrasque, Cacho, ChaosMiles07, SoulFicher, GrimReaper and IeZaeL
Thanks to MavercK, creator of the mod; "Starcraft Mass Recall Team" (Jones, Telenil, Christdaughtery, Superfield, Jimm) for some mod modifications and the Main Campaign remake; and GhostNova, Rikky, TaylorMouse, Zolden, Kanitala, Kailniris, Underp4ntz, Xibadivs for helping us with the models.

EDIT2: Check out our link list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bek1_86CuqOnmVuAfvEsTTwZJghYDRCYOHTRFB3FAY8
Edited by Cacho on 1/27/2014 8:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
For now this thread is not working much lulz
Reply Quote
I was wondering if this project is still going on. Considering that ur sc2mapster link to the mod is broken.
Reply Quote
Your mod may just be the most accurate in terms of artwork. Proceed!
Reply Quote
I believe they are still active. There is always something popping up over at sc2mapster.
Reply Quote
Quite frankly, I wish people would rather focus their efforts on reviving the Legacy project. Why bother porting archaic campaigns when you can reimagine them?

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/aof/
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 1/25/2014 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, we're still on the project. We've released the extension mod in us and eu with the name "SCBW - SCR-TGW".

The link is broken because we've decided to pull off the web the offline mod and maps until they're released, or close to the release
Edited by Cacho on 1/27/2014 8:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Cacho, really great work, with mod and models, I was like "WOW" when I played a game on your mod. I played SC2 a lot, but recently nostalgia kicked in, so when blizz gave free starter edition access to arcade I invited my old friends, BW fans to play starbow (we are all from 35 to 42 yrs old), so we started to talk how great would be to have actual BW game (with exact unit and building graphics) on SC2 engine.
I have some xp on 3D studio max modeling and started to learn SC2 map editor when I bumped to your version of fighting spirit and I was blown away. That's how I wanted it to look like, really great work, I think it could gain great sucess. .. oh and shame on blizzard for messing your mod with HOTS
Reply Quote
@HosUS

Thanks! But the models aren't all ours. Most of them were made by the users of sc2mapster.com, principally Ghostnova, SoulFicher and Thrikodias.

I've only made myself the Stargate, the Robotics Facility, the SCV's portrait, the Tank portrait and the Nydus Canal (also the cerebrate, and tassadar, but they're in the campaign only), and adjusted some other textures.

We're still looking for models if you're interested in making, check out our request thread in sc2mapster:
http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/artist-tavern/requests/40211-models-for-sc1/#1
Reply Quote
@Cacho

Fast reply :). I would love to help, just need some time to go through your request thread, and to catch up with you team's work, contact you soon.
Edited by HosUS on 1/29/2014 6:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey, Cacho, when do you think you will be able to release those campaigns?
Reply Quote
Actually, we're going really slow. We're low on members in the team.

Rebel Yell just needs AI tweaks and small bug fixes. It's already launchable as alpha. But the others still have lots of work to do...

Don't expect them soon. You can play the "Mass Recall" project of Jones, Telenil, Gradius and Jimm3110 meanwhile
Edited by Cacho on 2/2/2014 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 05:47 AMPosted by Cacho
Actually, we're going really slow. We're low on members in the team.

Rebel Yell just needs AI tweaks and small bug fixes. It's already launchable as alpha. But the others still have lots of work to do...

Don't expect them soon. You can play the "Mass Recall" project of Jones, Telenil, Gradius and Jimm3110 meanwhile

I've already played those, they were fun but they don't work with HotS.

Well, good luck on this anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]