StarCraft® II

Welcome aboard!

Community Manager
To all you tech-interested folk looking to dig your hands into the numerical/statistical side of SCII, this forum is for you!

In the recent few months we have added a couple of new data playgrounds for the community to dig into. First, is the new stats and data available in replay files. And, second is a new API for accessing player profile data from StarCraft II.

We can't wait to see what the community does with this stuff and will do out best to provide you the support you need in your efforts to get creative. We will have developers frequenting this forum to help answer questions and steer you in the right direction. Feel free to help each other too! Thanks for joining us here. :)
Edited by Cloaken on 7/31/2013 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/31/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Cloaken
We can't wait to see what the community does with this stuff

Is there a policy for project threads, or resource links? I think that my python library sc2reader[1] and its associated documentation[2] can be very useful to people starting out with this data and I'd like there to be:

• Some way for them to find it
  • A way for me to provide support

I have my own mailing list but it seems that and web pages but it seems likely that some people will prefer an official Blizzard forum for support and references.

Thanks for putting this forum together!

[1] http://github.com/GraylinKim/sc2reader
[2] http://sc2reader.readthedocs.org
Reply Quote
MVP
Yesssssssssss, finally! The SC2 API Forum! :D.
Reply Quote
Excited but I wish more than just the last 10 matches could be pulled through the API...
Reply Quote
Very nice... I will have to look into this.
Reply Quote
Thank you SOOOO much for creating a forum and creating a Web API.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Is there a policy for project threads, or resource links? I think that my python library sc2reader(1) and its associated documentation(2) can be very useful to people starting out with this data

Provided that the thread and content you link to within the thread does not violate our Code of Conduct, this should be perfectly acceptable. In fact, we'd love to see you answer questions, provide updates, and share your knowledge with other developers here. :)
Reply Quote
I don't really have many ideas for using the limited data that's accessible, but I'm sure it will improve existing projects out there and make their maintenance efforts significantly faster. Good stuff so far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]