StarCraft® II

Invalid Install Option

When I try to install Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm it says invalid install option, what does that mean?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Do you have Wings of Liberty installed already?

Duke, Volunteer Tech Support
Reply Quote
I have the same issue. I have Wings of Liberty already installed. The whole message I get is
Could not Install. Invalid installation Options. Please try again.
I have plenty of space on my hard drive and I cant change any install options so I have no idea what to do.
Reply Quote
I'm in the same boat as BaybayRayray. Yes I already have Wings of Liberty installed.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Good, the you don't need to install HotS, just upgrade your account and log in mate!

Duke, Volunteer Tech Support
Reply Quote
I have a disc from a collector's edition with a CD Key, would upgrading my account make it so I can't have a collector's edition on my account?
Reply Quote
And for whatever reason if I can't play StarCraft 2 and I can't afford a new computer is there a place where I can go in and play pc games kind of like an arcade where I can bring in my own PC games?
Reply Quote
maybe your local library
Reply Quote
I need help getting the same invalid installation message, i already have wings of liberty and i added the game key to my account and that went through.that but still not working. i have plenty of room on harddrive as well. Please HELP
Reply Quote
You don't need to install Reaperman. You just need to add the key on your account.

After that there's a variety of things that can go wrong. What worked for me was making an account on another region from the main login page, and then switching back to my normal region. Try it.
Reply Quote
08/11/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Blazing
I have a disc from a collector's edition with a CD Key, would upgrading my account make it so I can't have a collector's edition on my account?

You should still keep your WoL/HotS Collector's Edition files on the same account, as long as it's registered on your Battle.net account.

08/11/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Blazing
And for whatever reason if I can't play StarCraft 2 and I can't afford a new computer is there a place where I can go in and play pc games kind of like an arcade where I can bring in my own PC games?

Google up some places around your city to see if there is a computer arcade around. My city has a very small one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]