StarCraft® II

Sora Vs Soulkey

What a game, Phoenix everywhere.
When I try that I lose bases or get smashed by Hydras, just wow.
Reply Quote
fok protoss
Reply Quote
Seriously impressive game. Controlling pheonix like that whilst harrasing with zelaots and mocroing. wow
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 04:07 AMPosted by Austoss
Controlling pheonix like that whilst harrasing with zelaots and mocroing. wow

Would have loved to seen the apm count on it.
I love that style so much, the Zerg ends up being the one using the splash and the Phoenix become the mid game teeth. I hope we get to see more of this guy as well as Myungsik and of cause Rain.
Reply Quote
mutas so OP!!! please nerf!!! i dont want to build phoenix!!!

...says no forum P ever...oh wait :D
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 04:39 AMPosted by Kampfkoloss

It took god mode control to beat Mutas ... so Mutas > P still stands
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 04:42 AMPosted by Austoss

It took this control to beat the mutas... of someone who also had that level of control.
Less QQ more PewPew kk?
Reply Quote

lol. mutas not once were able to kill probes. it wasnt even close. and Z has to actually control this better. 2 control groups needed vs 1 for phoenix. P can basically only control phoenixes while Z has to control mutas and corruptors.

but yeah keep crying because you dont want to build phoenix or think its harder for P lol. :D
Reply Quote
You know, Soulkey could have made Infestors and that game would have been way different.
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 05:10 AMPosted by MotivatioN
You know, Soulkey could have made Infestors and that game would have been way different.

Hydras would have ended that very quickly.
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Twoezy

You need a fair bit of hydra's before they work against a flock of phoenix.
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 05:50 AMPosted by Twoezy

yeah if soulkey wouldve gone hydras he would instantly lost the game since hydras really suck vs chargelot phoenix. like they do vs mostly everything...just dont go hydras.
Reply Quote

Haha... Gotta love them goldies, always make me laugh so much. Once you get up to masters seeing basic micro like that wont impress you at all.
Reply Quote

More tears please.
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Kampfkoloss
yeah if soulkey wouldve gone hydras he would instantly lost the game since hydras really suck vs chargelot phoenix. like they do vs mostly everything...just dont go hydras.

Yeah he would have been an insta-loss for soulkey if he had gone hydras. I think he should have taken the risk of getting out 2 infestors with burrow to maybe get off a lucky fungal since I don't think Sora had an observer with him at all times.

Soulkey shouldn't have gone mutas at all though, IMO. He should know better.
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 05:57 AMPosted by Reno

You need a fair bit of hydra's before they work against a flock of phoenix.
yeah, fun fact: hydra DPS doesn't count when they're floating in the air, and if phoenix can survive long enough to keep picking them all up, gg
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 06:10 AMPosted by llllllllll

Haha... Gotta love them goldies, always make me laugh so much. Once you get up to masters seeing basic micro like that wont impress you at all.
Reply Quote
whey wwill blizzard see that phoenix range is too strong by default with HOTS buff
Reply Quote
dang that was pretty sick micro

@zzz

soulkey could have used other things like adding infestors, going mass roach to kill protoss' economy, or building a few spores in the middle of the map, or just micro'd better

yes, the phoenix have 7 range and can outrange corruptors but there is still micro to be done. It's like in fighting games, just because a character has much longer range and/or reach doesn't mean the other character is disadvantaged. In SC2, it can easily be a disadvantage but not something that can't be overcome by the skill of the players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]