StarCraft® II

Total idle worker time stat

Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to get this stat from a replay.
Thanks.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately it would be impossible to do this accurately.

If you were really determined you could maybe do a passable estimation by tracking worker commands, guessing the times at which they finished, and using the gap as idle time. There would be so many scenarios to consider though that I think you'd probably go crazy first. I certainly would.

Your best bet is to petition Blizzard to add it to the PlayerStats tracker event.
Reply Quote
Ya that would be a pain to try to estimate, i was thinking you could also look at it another direction like we know how much money you get per worker cycle (cycle being getting minerals and returning them) you could estimate with that and the income rate how many workers where not doing there job. sadly this would fail horrible for long distant mining.

Just a thought, would be a cool stat though.
Reply Quote
That's actually a pretty interesting angle Breath.

It wouldn't measure idle workers so much as productively mining workers. You'd be able to mark ~18 of the 20 workers attempting to mine from a single mineral patch or long distance mining as unproductive. Workers scouting/creating buildings would get caught in that but maybe that isn't such a big deal.
Reply Quote
Terran throws a wrench in the logic, since you have to worry about mules, so you do need to know how many mules are active with in the time frame you look at. But i think you could get a pretty reasonable number doing this. Could always follow the logic in s2protocol and do it for every 10 seconds.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the replies:.

Ya that would be a pain to try to estimate, i was thinking you could also look at it another direction like we know how much money you get per worker cycle (cycle being getting minerals and returning them) you could estimate with that and the income rate how many workers where not doing there job. sadly this would fail horrible for long distant mining.

Just a thought, would be a cool stat though.

It would also fail for SCVs who are building (not gathering minerals but not idle either). But it might be a nice stat as ShadesofGray said: productively mining workers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]