StarCraft® II

Epilogue RP Thread VII

You speak of justice, Terrans, but you are fools. You have killed one of ours, yet you refuse to pay the penalty! Terrans are as weak in mind as they are in body, it seems.

You have one hour to comply with our demands. Send the compensation to 45'32'112. Do not attempt to warp out, or we will not need to make you regret it. The Zerg have learned many new things, weak one.
[WHC]
The captain never gets the Zergs reply as the fleet warps out and communication is cut off. At the same time KLR9 disintegrates into a slowly dispersing cloud of atomic dust.
IC:
[Amanda]
"I am thinking it through, nor do I plan to make my decision until after this whole mess is dealt with."
Lekrog can you give us one more thread to finish any subplots and such.
The Cerebrate watches as the last of the land was turned to Creep, and viewed the progress of all the various Hives, Hatcheries and Lairs as they transformed. It knew that it would be time to start creating more space-faring creatures, especially Leviathans and Behemoths.

If the Splitters played their cards right, time will be the last thing we have. The Cerebrate sends, showing an definite increase in intellect after the invasion. Several Mutalisks screech as they fought one another, and more air creatures were morphing.

More strains need to be created if we're going to have a better chance against both the Splitters and the Terrans. With both of them, we are free to expand and become more powerful. The Cerebrate adds, observing the current transfer of creatures to the Cerebrate's first Behemoth.
You have the Beserker and Scourge genetics available to you, as well as the venomous creature the Terran kept's genetics and I have been scouting for new worlds full of essence. The main problem that has plagued me will eventually return, my control is not as strong as the Queen of Blade's so our Swarm can not reach the same size as hers unless we recreate the one being that was superior to her in the leading of the Swarm.
10/14/2013 05:45 PMPosted by TheLostMorph
The captain never gets the Zergs reply as the fleet warps out and communication is cut off. At the same time KLR9 disintegrates into a slowly dispersing cloud of atomic dust.

As the ships warp drives fire, each and every crew member feels a terrible shock run through the ship, knocking them from their feet. Damage assessment shows massive core damage due to internal explosions.

We warned you, Terrans. Your technology cannot carry you through our veil. Now you will die.

Several Behemoths and a Leviathan appear suddenly, unleashing a swarm of pods and flyers.
You can't stop him if he already left KO. Sorta unfair.
10/14/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Zarkun
You can't stop him if he already left KO. Sorta unfair.

Is it fair to simply leave in one post?

I cannot understand why people like to do that. I intentionally create opportunities for people to thwart me because that is fair. People don't seem to understand that the point of an RP is not to "win," but to create an interesting narrative. This whole arc with the Zerg at KLR9 serves no interesting purpose, it only exists because someone tried to "win" instead of allowing an interesting plot (one which I and LeKrog put a great deal of work into) to come to fruition.

And if necessary, I can call in all my Chekhov's Guns to support this new ability, as well as a couple of others I may follow with.
The hell is a Chekhov's gun?

Edit-And allow me to point out that YOU and LEKROG put the work into it, not anyone else, which means only you two really HAVE to participate, no one else.
Edited by Zarkun on 10/14/2013 7:15 PM PDT
*facepalm*
Here, Zarkun.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChekhovsGun

Someone needs to ready the next thread.
KO you need to READ more. I have SEVERAL times stated that the fleet WAS IN THE PROCESS OF WARPING OUT! if neccessary I CAN and WILL provide post numbers AND quotes.
"How about I resolve this as an unbiased side?"

The Zerg, in their attempt to stop the warp of the fleet get themselves sucked into the Void, soon to be torn apart. The WHC, due to the interference of the Zerg, have their coordinates screwed up and end up getting scattered across the sector, a great many of the ships either crashing on planets or into Splitter ships.

"There."
OOC:
Oy. Why don't we just leave settling this to LeKroger, as he's the closest thing this RP has to a DM right now?
10/14/2013 07:43 PMPosted by TheLostMorph
KO you need to READ more. I have SEVERAL times stated that the fleet WAS IN THE PROCESS OF WARPING OUT! if neccessary I CAN and WILL provide post numbers AND quotes.

*sigh*

I saw those posts. They were obvious, blatant, every other word meaning those things, and... yeah. I saw them. Of course the ships were in the process of warping out.

In order to avoid wasting time explaining this myself:

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Attero_device

The Shal'thas brood has assimilated creatures capable of defying reality itself with a mere thought. This shouldn't be a problem for her, especially since I have not yet "called in" any of those strains yet, and thus this is a perfect opportunity (dramatically speaking) to do so.

And yes, I am in somewhat of a bad mood. The plot-screwing continues, the laws of literature are being defied, and I just finished watching The Mission.
Edited by KnarledOne on 10/14/2013 9:53 PM PDT
Ok I find this fight rather silly at the moment. While I do agree with KO to a point with the fact of plot inhibiting issues but arguing the point over warp jump that was being prepped for over a few posts isn't how it should be resolved.

My final judgement on this is that the warp jump happened and was unhindered.

KO our sub-plot isn't fully undone and can still happen.

Now as for allowing an additional thread for finishing sub-plots. I feel that doing so could incite the creation of more sub-plots and/or could lead to more extension being requested. With that considered I will take the opinions of the others before deciding so consider this next thread a grace thread until a decision is made.
Edited by LeKroger on 10/14/2013 10:34 PM PDT
Honestly, if the sub plot isn't done, it isn't done. There was ample opportunity given, and it's not everyone else's fault that it wasn't taken, nor is it CR's fault reality is more important than a damned roleplay. My two cents.
[Leah]
I turn and face Amanda. "You were considering it weren't you?" I ask not really sure what I was feeling at the moment.

[Ivan]
I push the person that hugged me away.
"Don't do that again... Ever..."
Looking around I find a woman in the corner crying. I wasn't sure what I should do nor why she was crying in the first place.
"Er... Why are you crying?" I ask a little awkwardly.
Edited by LeKroger on 10/14/2013 10:51 PM PDT
IC:
[Amanda]
I nod;
"Yeah, but only considering. I don't have any final thoughts on it yet. Besides the reason I'd change is nowhere near important yet."
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]