StarCraft® II

Arcade API Request

MVP
I'd love to have an Arcade API, to return map metadata from the Arcade. Logging in to check map reviews and metadata is inconvenient and it'd be a great feature to add to SC2Mapster -- aggregating map reviews, ratings, etc.
Edited by Sixen on 9/17/2013 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Also another thought would be to get information like, map image (in game image), any marketing images they uploaded, description and so on.

I would love to be able to get the map image, then i wouldn't have to manually add images to maps i come across.
Reply Quote
MVP
Indeed, that was what I was referring to by metadata; essentially everything in the "Game Info" panel on the map at first would be great, along with an indication as to the maps current "top played" number in the list, and maybe a bool for currently being spotlighted would be amazing.
09/17/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Breath
I would love to be able to get the map image, then i wouldn't have to manually add images to maps i come across.

If you have them, you can use replays to fetch map files from battle.net and extract their images. Minimaps and custom loading screens are always included here. I'm not sure how promotional images are added to arcade maps, it might be that they are also included.
Reply Quote
MVP
09/18/2013 12:05 PMPosted by ShadesofGray
If you have them, you can use replays to fetch map files from battle.net and extract their images. Minimaps and custom loading screens are always included here. I'm not sure how promotional images are added to arcade maps, it might be that they are also included.

You're talking about doing this manually though?
09/26/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Sixen
You're talking about doing this manually though?

Not sure what you are asking.

Replays store an id which can be used to download the map. The map can be opened by any MPQ extractor and the images can be pulled out. Given a replay it would be pretty easy to automate this process. GGTracker for instance, automatically pulls the minimap image out of the map for every replay that gets uploaded. Pulling out other packaged assets wouldn't be any more difficult.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]