StarCraft® II

War Pigs, Discussion (New RP)

Alright, edited my char sheet.
Reply Quote
Thats a good point, Vikings don't exist yet. It'd have to be a wraith.

Sorry Nuke, left awhile ago. Perhaps it'd be easier to just email you? You could create a whole nother email if you're paranoid.
Reply Quote
Might join this just not sure yet.
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 11:18 PMPosted by LeKroger
Might join this just not sure yet.

I'd be more than happy to have you! I don't think I've RPed with you before...

09/19/2013 06:16 AMPosted by Nukester
We'll try the DA again today, if that does not work, I'll get you my email.

Okay, sounds good. I'm actually not in DA very often and even when I am, it would need to be a private conversation.
Reply Quote
OK it's a normal remote controlled mine(I'll just carry like 3 with me b/c they're not reusable) with a propeller and Rob is a wraith pilot now.
Reply Quote
No Thane I have not been in any RPs that I can recall with you. Thought of joining a few but was either to busy or in to many others.

Out of curiosity what unit types are we restricted to?
Reply Quote
Well I hope you grace us with your presence =P

I'd love to RP with one of Joeyray's founding members.

To answer your question, I must ask of you to think them not as 'unit types'. When you break it down, we're RPing. Unit types are for in-game usage.

A marine carbine suit is called a CMC-300 powered combat suit. Sometimes our characters will be in such, sometimes they wont. That doesn't make them "Marines".

If you wanted to be a "Medivac", you would be incapable. Medivacs didn't exist. Dropships, however, do. You could be a dropship pilot as a character, but then if you hop into a CMC-300 powered combat suit would you become a "Marine"? No. You're the same character in different outer shells.

To concisely answer your question the best I can, I will say unit types don't exist. Just make a character. He is who he is, whatever he's in doesn't define him.
Reply Quote
Kroger isn't technically a founding member...just thought I'd point that out for him. I actually have a question, but am having difficulty finding the right wording. A little known fact about these missions is they always had an operative, the type is easy to figure out, following and observing. To tie into something I've been working on, I need an RP set in this time period to work on a character. However, I need your permission first. Simply put, Ghosts usually made sure no one came home and I need to RP a later character's father, possibly mother.
Reply Quote
Right then.

Name: Reggie Harvard.
Primary Weapon: Gauss Rifle
Secondary weapon: High explosive charges.
Defining Characteristics: Stands 5'11". Brown hair grey eyes slightly tanned skin. Has some muscular build but looks more wiry. Scar across left check from shrapnel from a bomb that went off to soon. Missing pinky finger on left hand and ring finger on the right, also from explosions. Has standard CMC 300 armor but prefers his vulture bike when on missions.
Backstory: Growing up in a backwater colony Reggie quickly developed a rather sour disposition towards most of the current governments, Confederacy mostly as they 'owned' the colony he lived in but did little to protect against pirate raids.
In the little schooling he received it was certain that had he the chance to he could have gone on to developing newer better chemicals/explosives for mining and military use. Instead he stayed on his home world and worked as a miner/demolitions expert until the Confederacy pulled out of the colony leaving it fully open and unprotected from pirates and marauders. Not even a month later after pirates pillaged the planet the Confederacy returned driving the pirates away and initializing marshal law forcing the civilians to cooperate. All colonists that resisted where killed on spot. Horrified and enraged by the actions of he Confederates several colonist including Reggie organized to drive them off. They managed to obtain weapons from a few marauders that remained waiting to help in freeing the colony. In a matter of weeks several military posts were destroyed and the appointed magistrate was killed in a massive explosion that level his home. Reggie had aided in destroying the bases and bombed the magistrates house himself.
After his home was freed he left looking to help others free themselves from the oppression that he had seen which led him to work with the Sons of Korhal and other groups like them. He maintained his services as freelance as not only one group of people were needing help nor did he believe that one group should take over in place of another.
On mission he had picked up was to kill a high level politician. He was caught shortly after planting a large explosive on the Confederate Politician's personal vehicle. When confronted he fled for his vulture and gave chase for a few hours before being pinned down in a small shack and detained by Confederate marine. Once he was in court prior bombing where pinned on him, although not unjustly as he preformed many he was charged with.
The judges verdict was life imprisonment and Reggie was taken to a high security prison. After a few years he was approached for a chance for a change in scenery by joining the War Pigs.
Reply Quote
Awesome! Nice job, Legrok!

Okie Dokie, I think we can get started, yes?
Reply Quote
<TheLostMorph>
Name: Bianca "Fallen(sometimes 'Falling') Angel" Tyr
Primary Weapon of Choice: Bosun FN-92 Sniper Rifle
Secondary Weapon of Choice: Combat knife, Fists, Slugthrower
Defining Characteristics: 5'8" tall, shoulder length auburn hair that is graying slightly, a scar along her left cheek as well as one trailing her spine an inch deeper and she would have died both are from flak used during the Guild wars. She also uses the old CMC-230 Powered Combat Armor that hasn't really seen use since the Guild Wars
Backstory: She was once in the same unit as the Heavens Devils before they became the Heavens Devils. She was a part of their first mission where they dropped on the Kel-Morian internment camp. After ward she was stuck in the hospital for a while and after that got in a fight with a higher ranked officer and sent to jail. Now she has been offered to join the War Pigs and she readily accepted so long as she could have her old CMC-230 armor.
Edited by TheLostMorph on 9/22/2013 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Accepted :D
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 11:32 PMPosted by Zarkun
actually have a question, but am having difficulty finding the right wording. A little known fact about these missions is they always had an operative, the type is easy to figure out, following and observing. To tie into something I've been working on, I need an RP set in this time period to work on a character. However, I need your permission first. Simply put, Ghosts usually made sure no one came home and I need to RP a later character's father, possibly mother.

In case this was missed.
Reply Quote
I'm totally sorry, Zarkun, thanks for quoting! It was totally missed! I seriously have no clue how I missed that... 0_o

Could you clarify exactly what you're asking permission for? Are you implying you want your character to kill everyone else? We kind of already have an eye-keeper. (Nukester's character) Also, I already stated that if you want a character who isn't a War Pig, you have to have an accepted War Pig.

If you're still interested, let me know.
Reply Quote
I was more of thinking along the lines of the guy Commervac tells to kill the team off when the time comes. If they're not supposed to save anyone, why would they get to come home? Not saying they'd succeed, simply pointing out a fact.

<Zarkun>
Name: Hank Herald

Primary Weapon of Choice: BOSUN FN92 Sniper Rifle

Secondary Weapon of Choice: Twin modified Slugthrower pistols (Fires heavier rounds for better armor penetration)/ Kukri Knife

Defining Characteristics: Stands 6' even. Dirty blonde hair, electric green eyes with tanned skin. Lithe, muscular build. Scar across his right eye from a knife fight with a Kel-Morian during the Guild Wars. Wears the CMC-300 combat suit nearly all the time, except when sleeping and doing normal hygiene.

Backstory: Hank was a marine in the 33rd Ground Assault Division-Dominion Section during the Guild Wars, fighting in key battles like the Battle of Noranda Glacier on Onuru Sigma, the battle of South Kreen Mines, and many others. It was after one battle, in which many Kel-Morian soldiers were captured. When the Lieutenant was asked what was to be done with them, he ordered they be executed. This didn't sit well with Hank, so he approached the Lieutenant to confront him about it. After a few words, a fist fight broke out, in which Hank broke the Lieutenant's jaw and right hand. Now understand the lieutenant wasn't a small man, but he wasn't a front lines officer, like many others. He preferred his office or forward observation platform to the front lines. His fellow marines applauded him, but they were cut short by the MPs arriving and leading Hank away in handcuffs. War was war, didn't matter why you struck a superior officer, just that you did. He was sentenced to life in prison. A few years after his imprisonment, the War Pigs offered him a chance at freedom, and he took it without a second thought.
Edited by Zarkun on 9/22/2013 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thane I made a change to weapons for my char. just wanted to let you know.
Reply Quote
And I editted my post before this one with a War Pig. If he's good, I'll work on the Ghost.
Reply Quote
Thanks Morph!

Zarkun, your War Pig looks good. About the Ghost... Well... Not to give any spoilers, but as long as you're okay with deferring your character if anything happens. Sorry, you can't take on all the War Pigs and win under any circumstance. If the time comes for your ghost to actually kill the War Pigs... It will either result in your death, or a neutral outcome. As long as you're okay with this, I accept the premise of the character.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]