Cast of Characters
You will meet many old and new characters in StarCraft II: some good, some bad, some walking the fine line between hero and villain. Click here to read their bios and see motion portraits for each.
- Kerrigan Zerg Ex-Confederate ghost operative Sarah Kerrigan underwent a dramatic transformation after she was betrayed by Arcturus Mengsk and captured by the zerg. Through ruthlessness and cunning, she has emerged as the undisputed ruler of the Swarm.
- Jim Raynor Terran Jim Raynor is the leader of Raynor’s Raiders, a rebel group opposed to the oppressive Terran Dominion. Years of struggling against the regime and the restless ghosts of his past have taken their toll on Raynor, and of late he seems to be losing faith in his ideals.
- Arcturus Mengsk Terran Emperor Arcturus Mengsk I rules over the Terran Dominion with an iron fist and a silver tongue. To ensure humanity’s survival through the dark days ahead, Mengsk is committed to uniting terrans under his leadership… whether by choice or by force.
- Valerian Mengsk Terran The son of Emperor Arcturus Mengsk, Crown Prince Valerian is trained in politics and military strategy, and possessed of a high-minded fascination with xenoarchaeology. Valerian’s dreams of being a better leader than his father seem noble, but are they tempered by the cold realities of rule?
- Zeratul Protoss Zeratul is a renowned psionic warrior who has been instrumental in healing the rift between the dark templar and the Aiur protoss. Although his heroic actions have saved countless lives, he bears the weight of many terrible burdens.
- Izsha Zerg Izsha is Sarah Kerrigan’s chief advisor among the Swarm, the closest thing the zerg have to a terran adjutant. Fused from human memory and zerg hive-mind, it is her duty to keep the Queen of Blades – or her successors – familiar with the past and prepared for the future.