Turn Rate: 720.000
|Attributes:||Light - Mechanical|
- Light vehicle that can attack ground targets.
- Its mounted flamethrower damages all units in a straight line.
- Good against large concentrations of light units, excellent after upgrade.
- Great for hit-and-run operations, especially against melee units and worker lines.
- Their speed makes them great scouts.
- Requires good control and positioning to maximize effectiveness.
- Against ranged units, get in close; against melee, kite.
- Can transform into Hellbats.
Tech Lab Upgrades
- Infernal Pre-Igniter: Increases damage dealt against light units by +10.
- Block your choke point, don’t clump your units, and don’t let Hellions surround them.
- Marauders, being armored, take less damage from Hellions, and also slow them down once concussive shells have been researched.
- Build a few Siege Tanks and Hellions of your own.
- Banshees work well, too.
- Block your choke point with Roaches or Queens to prevent Hellion raids.
- Place a few Spine Crawlers along your mineral line.
- If you have Hydralisks, spread them out and research Grooved Spines, remember not to clump them up.
- Mutalisks can attack Hellions with impunity.
- Block your choke point with Stalkers or the Sentry’s Force Field ability to prevent Hellion raids.
- Build a few Photon Cannons along your mineral line.
- Air units can attack Hellions with impunity.