Unlike other Protoss, the Dark Templar refused to surrender their individuality to the collective psionic bond of the Khala. They were exiled from Aiur and eventually resettled on the distant planet of Shakuras. By focusing on their inner psionic strength and drawing power from the Void, the Dark Templar have become highly skilled in masking their presence. Combining this technique with the Protoss Dragoon walker model, the Dark Templar created Stalkers: machines controlled by the shadow essences of Dark Templar warriors. Stalkers are armed with Particle Disruptors and, with proper augmentation, can instantly teleport between locations. As a result, Stalkers can strike unexpectedly, catch fleeing enemies, or escape from unfavorable encounters.
- Armored unit that can attack air and ground targets.
- Very effective against armored units.
- Once they get the Blink ability, they become highly mobile and are capable of bypassing cliffs and other terrain obstacles.
- Can be warped into the battlefield by means of a Warp Gate.
- Blink: Teleports the stalker to a nearby target location.
- Train Marauders and focus-fire the Stalkers. Their concussive shells, once researched, will slow them down and prevent their escape.
- Build some tanks and research Siege Tech. Be sure to support them with infantry.
- Deploy a few Thors to complement your army.
- Build a large force of Zerglings, research Metabolic Boost and use them to surround the Stalkers.
- Spawn Roaches and research Tunneling Claws.
- Use Hydralisks and don’t forget the Grooved Spines upgrade. Be sure to focus-fire the Stalkers.
- Use Immortals to deal with the Stalkers.
- Build Stalkers of your own, research more upgrades than your enemy, and focus-fire.
- Attack with Zealots and try to surround them. Be sure to support your forces with a few Sentries, both for Guardian Shield and to cut off escape routes with Force Fields.
* Requires Heart of the Swarm expansion pack