**Updated for 2013**
Love and adoration are in the air in the major cities of Azeroth… and in celebration of the occasion, you’re invited to share candy, perfume, and gifts with guards, townsfolk, and other players for special rewards.
Be cautious, as the season’s spreading joy seems to have nefarious undertones. Recently, a strange "love sickness" has clouded the hearts of many of Azeroth’s people – is this widespread incident simply an outbreak of amore, or will you and your fellow brave adventurers uncover a dark secret behind this plague of passion?
- When: February 11-24
- Where: Stormwind, Ironforge, Darnassus, Shattrath, Dalaran, Thunder Bluff, Orgrimmar, Undercity
- Learn More: Wowhead, Wowpedia
- Seasonal Boss: Use the Dungeon Finder to participate in a high-level encounter against Apothecary Hummel, granting a Heart-Shaped Box (which contains special holiday loot) as a daily reward. Of course, useful high-level loot will also drop when you vanquish Apothecary Hummel. The Apothecary has grown in power to take on level 90 heroes, so you must be level 89 to join the fight.
- Main Quest Line: The Steamwheedle Cartel suspects there's something shady about the goblin newcomers of the Crown Chemical Company. Investigators have been hired to get to the bottom of things -- with your help.
- Daily Quests: Complete special daily quests to obtain experience, money, and Love Tokens to purchase holiday items. For detailed information about the quests, check out the Love Is in the Air guide on Wowhead.
- Big Love Rocket: The Heart-Shaped Box, a daily reward from the Dungeon Finder for defeating Apothecary Hummel, has a chance to drop a stylish flying mount: the Big Love Rocket!
Swift Lovebird: Take to the ground atop this pink, flightless bird, sure to set the mood for any acrophobic romantic engagements. Available in exchange for Love tokens at your faction’s Lovely Merchants, NPC vendors located in capital cities.
- Toxic Wasteling: This disgusting (but friendly!) ooze will grow in size as it eats critters that cross your path.
- Truesilver Shafted Arrow: Summon a lil’ winged goblin of love by spending Love tokens at your faction’s Lovely Merchants.
- Romantic Picnic Basket: Enjoy a lovely meal with your closest companions. This picnic basket can be purchased with Love tokens at your faction’s Lovely merchants.
- Forever-Lovely Rose: Wear this rose tied in your hair (female characters), or in your mouth (male characters). The rose has a chance to drop from the Heart-Shaped Box, a daily reward for defeating Apothecary Hummel.
- The Heartbreaker: This strange experimental device also has a chance to drop from Hummel’s Heart-Shaped Boxes.
- Vile Fumigator's Mask: This creepy mask, worn by Royal Apothecary Society members, can also be found inside a Heart-Shaped Box.
- Dinner Clothes: These classy suits and dresses can be bought from your faction’s Lovely merchants (in exchange for Love tokens).
- Titles: If you complete all of the achievements for this event, your character will gain the title: The Love Fool.
- Seasonal bonuses: You can receive valuable buffs for your character by eating the candy found inside any Box of Chocolates.
- Achievements: There are 17 achievements linked to the Love is in the Air event, worth a total of 170 achievement points.
For a comprehensive list of the achievements available during Love is in the Air, please check this table on Wowhead.
For more information on support policies and procedures related to this world event, be sure to check out the Love is in the Air Customer Support Policy blog.