PAX East has come to an end, and we’re so thankful to have been able to share this first glimpse of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft with you! We’re humbled by the overwhelming reaction from those of you excited to try it, and kind words from those who had a chance to actually stop by and play it this weekend.
But we’re just getting started, and we want to know what you think! You can help us test Hearthstone by signing up for the upcoming beta, come talk about the game in the official forums at PlayHearthstone.com, tweet us @PlayHearthstone and come like us at Facebook.com/PlayHearthstone.
Last but not least a shout out to our PAX East booth-mates and Besties in Boston: Diablo III is coming to consoles, and hot damn is it a good time! Follow all the devilishly good news @Diablo, Facebook.com/Diablo, and of course Diablo3.com.
“More importantly, it won me over on a genre that, 24 hours earlier, I couldn't have cared less about. That doesn't happen every day.”
Based on appearance alone, this game looks close to being ready for release, and the artists should be proud of their handiwork.
My favorite aspect of Hearthstone so far are all of the little touches. For example, you can see which cards your opponent is fiddling with during gameplay. The decorative UI fringe has some light interactivity, such as a launchable catapult, to keep you entertained while your opponent takes their sweet time.
- Mobile Nations
“So, my first impression after playing? Absolutely positive. Seeing how accessible the game is, I'm most excited to share it with other people. Hearthstone would allow my friends to play something with me without a huge investment of time or demand for skill.”
- WoW Insider
“There is playing a card game, and then there is Blizzard's version of that. Everything in the game has an epic feel to it. From ending a deck, to casting spells, the power is in the players hands. Blizzard does spell effects the best and even in a small card game, you feel and see power in every turn. It is what sets them apart from other games.”
“And with the incredible polish of the game’s presentation, and the promise of immediate accessibility to hardcore and casual gamers alike, I fear that no one will be safe from getting sucked into its rich and imaginative world and never wanting to come out.”
- Wowhead - Interview with Hamilton Chu and Ben Brode
- WoW Insider - Interview Jason Chayes and Eric Dodds
- Curse - Interview with Jason Chayes and Ben Brode
- BlizzPlanet - Interview with Ben Brode and Jason Chayes
- Polygon - Interview with Rob Pardo
- Polygon - Interview with Eric Dodds and Jason Chayes
- Penny-Arcade - Interview with Rob Pardo
- PCGamer - "the kind of ‘just one more turn’ game that will keep you going even when it’s three in the morning"
- Destructoid - " The first thing I noticed when starting a game of Hearthstone was the simplicity. This certainly isn't a bad trait -- in fact, it's very inviting."
- WoW Insider - "I credit my ability to quickly grasp the mechanics of Hearthstone to the game's animations."