Best way to spend timeless coins?

100 Undead Rogue
Wondering what the best way to spend coins is when it comes to getting a Burden. Should I just save up to 50K or gamble on chests in the cave? Also I heard they recently nerfed the drop rate of Burdens when playing the chest game is that true?
Reply Quote
95 Undead Rogue
Afaik the "better" tactic is to farm the chests in the cave. They cost only 500 TC @ any any one of them could RNG you a Burden. To cost the same as the 50K TC that would mean you tried 100 chests and got zip. I think that's a long shot... better overall to spend the 500/chest... you're more likely to get the Burden before the 50K... If not... then RNG just hates you.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
buy the trinket for 50k not the burden. The trinket drops cannot be upgraded with a burden. I have looted 3 burdens from kills. dont waste the coins on them. they can be looted from the chest cave too.
Reply Quote
Kinda just depends on what you want / need.

If you're hurting for weapons, those are only 10k a piece.

I wouldn't suggest spending 50k on a burden from the vendor.. I've gotten...want to say, 6 burdens from the cave of chests (before & after nerf), spend maybe 30k coins altogether across a few toons to get those burdens from the chests. Maybe I'm really lucky.

Plus there's supposed to be a chance at a 502 weapon from those chests, but that I have not seen myself.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
If you're hurting for weapons, those are only 10k a piece

Where are the wepons you speak of? cost 10k what?
Reply Quote
95 Undead Rogue
09/18/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Gunstarr
If you're hurting for weapons, those are only 10k a piece

Where are the wepons you speak of? cost 10k what?
Cost is 10k Timeless Coins. Vendors by the Celestial Arena sell them.

Example: Scavenged Pandaren Dagger

Pretty easy to come by at 10K ... not "legendary" by any means but still a nice piece for the cost.

Edit:
http://www.wowhead.com/currency=777#items

List of items that can be bought with TC.
Edited by Aberzombie on 9/18/2013 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I believe that is just one-handed weapons. The polearm that I bought was 20k. Same ilvl.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
For me, my 502 trinket is better than the coin 535.

So, buy pet, buy mount, buy toys. That's about all I can see.

However, I like collecting... even coins.
Reply Quote
15 Pandaren Priest
buy the trinket for 50k not the burden. The trinket drops cannot be upgraded with a burden. I have looted 3 burdens from kills. dont waste the coins on them. they can be looted from the chest cave too.
\
I've looted 0 burdens from kills. Mileage may vary. Your experience is not the norm, nor is mine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I got ilvl 496 burden from the chests.

Idk how that worked
Reply Quote
15 Pandaren Priest
I got ilvl 496 burden from the chests.

Idk how that worked

Wat. The Burden is the item you use to upgrade the 496 tokens.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I've looted 0 burdens from kills. Mileage may vary. Your experience is not the norm, nor is mine.

This is my main - I have looted one burden from the monkey chests, and the guaranteed one from the chest in Ordos plateau.

My DK alt looted a burden from a Dread Ship Vazuvius kill, and my rogue got one from a Karkanos kill.
Reply Quote
I believe that is just one-handed weapons. The polearm that I bought was 20k. Same ilvl.

Since the OP is a rogue, I doubt he'll be needing any polearms.

I've gotten... I think 2 or maybe 3 burdens from rare kills, not sure. Most of my burdens have come from the cave of chests. If you've gotten everything else you could possibly need from coins, nothing wrong with dropping 50k on a burden...but by that point I'd think you'd have better gear from LFR.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight

That's what I did - I've picked up 3 burdens from drops - 2 from trash.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I've had 10 burdens drop. I had about 6 drop from monkey chests the rest from blazing chest, and drops. The rings and belt both seemed like downgrades from my lvl 30 ones. I've heard they nerfed the drop on monkey chests
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hi, I found this thread buried since September. I wanted to ask if people's opinions are still the same after a couple months of playing. Is the chest cave still the best way to spend coins to get Burdens?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I've had more than a dozen burden's drop on my hunter from kills alone.

Now I'm stuck with 150,000 extra coins though, after buying the mount. I sure wish there was something else to spend them on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I've never gotten a burden from the chests, I've only gotten them from rares.
Reply Quote
i used mine on Mount
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Archerius is a sure drop for Burden. You might want to try that. Also I never purchased any Burden, got two off from rare elites.

The weapons are of same iLvl and one handed costs 10K and the polearm costs 20K. I would rather suggest you doing SoO (LfR) or Throne of Thunder normals, because either will drop better weapons and armor. I'm only doing timeless isle to gear my off-specs.
Edited by Esleglen on 12/4/2013 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]