Kukuru's treasure chest game

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So spends more on him then they do saving for gear?

Ive gotten my money back a few times, a few trinkets and what not
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
First few days, you got a Burden fairly consistently, which upped your armor to 535 ilvl. Sadly, it's been nerfed, so your better off saving for the 50,000 coins for one.

As far as Timeless armor pieces go, I've got no room left in the bank. I get easily a half dozen a day (albeit in other forms, Leather, Cloth, etc).

Armored up my jewelcrafting alt in no time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
First few days, you got a Burden fairly consistently, which upped your armor to 535 ilvl. Sadly, it's been nerfed, so your better off saving for the 50,000 coins for one.

As far as Timeless armor pieces go, I've got no room left in the bank. I get easily a half dozen a day (albeit in other forms, Leather, Cloth, etc).

Armored up my jewelcrafting alt in no time.

I love it when they nerf something, means that too much of a good thing happened

Cant wait to see what happenes when i send my monk there
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Less Bonkers please. The amount of those damn things I gotta delete gets old.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm addicted. I probably spent 50000 coins trying to get a leather chestpiece.

Karkanos finally dropped one. ^_^ I was so excited I upgraded it to 535.

In retrospect I should've saved for weapons lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I have spent something like 4k coins across 4 characters on the chests, I break even about a third of the time. I haven't gotten anything from them that I could not have gotten from farming rares, so I just went back to doing that, then got bored and went back to doing xmog runs and LFR/5mans.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Thanks to "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," I always choose the most boring looking chests.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
went through about 75ish chests have yet to get a burden
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I've spent way too much on the chests trying to get cloth bracers. Ended up getting an addon that tracks all the treasure chests on the island and finally picked one up on my rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

You could probably get weapons easily now, every token I used with elder charms turned into an item so far. Can't say its a promise.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm glad I saw the change relatively early. Never visiting Kukuru's again, never saw a burden of eternity other than the guaranteed one, and I'm probably never going to see another one again. I'm pretty much done with the TI on this toon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've spent way too much on the chests trying to get cloth bracers. Ended up getting an addon that tracks all the treasure chests on the island and finally picked one up on my rogue.

1st day in, got 3k coins, got 3k back, rinse and repeat
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
09/19/2013 01:19 AMPosted by Detonate

What's the addon called?

HandyNotes (You need this one before getting the others)
and
HandyNotes_TimelessIsleChests

There's also one for the location of all the rare mobs on the isle too.
Edited by Linvela on 9/19/2013 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks to "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," I always choose the most boring looking chests.

LOL. I did that too. I also do this on a lot of things because of that movie!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

YES
Reply Quote
I have used so many keys, SO MANY, and I have yet to get Bonkers. That's all I really want, I don't even care about the burdens. I just want Bonkers :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/23/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Souledout

YES

Noooo, I still haven't gotten one. :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm addicted. I probably spent 50000 coins trying to get a leather chestpiece.

Karkanos finally dropped one. ^_^ I was so excited I upgraded it to 535.

honestly, i don't know if the weapons are worth it. ILv 476, compared to the rest of the gear that drops/ vendor. i mean i got the caster staff on my priest, but she needed that upgrade. i don't raid that often (chicken when it comes to LFR, and my guild raids 2 nights a week. i have other things i'm doing plus kids) i honestly think the weapons should at least match the rest of the gear, dunno, just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
12 Burdens here.

I haven't had any problem getting Burdens since this "nerf". I got one pre- nerf, and 3 off bosses, 1 out of the chest in Ordos courtyard, and 8 out of Monkey lotto. I calculated I am useing about 20,000 coins a burden, completely recycled of course till the coins are gone, so maybe 70 or 80 keys to a burden on average.

As you can see by the armory, I am wearing 10 pieces of 535 timeless. I redid the chest because of the massive overcap on hit and exp, and I still have one burden on me and will make another piece to try to reduce the overcap even more.

Whats my secret? Well, its either the fact I wait and open the exact same chest every single time that I got the first burden out of, or I have been incredibly lucky.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]