H-Norushen 25 needs a HP Nerf/Zerk Reduction

100 Dwarf Death Knight
Was the least amount of pulls I've ever spent on a heroic boss

Even wiped more on H gunship back in the day.
Edited by Azane on 9/19/2013 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
He's really really tight. We had 3 sub 5m wipes.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue

So in a few weeks with some more gear he will be a loot pinata then? :P
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
09/19/2013 10:06 PMPosted by Sabod

So in a few weeks with some more gear he will be a loot pinata then? :P

He'll get easier in a pretty linear fashion as time goes on for sure.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'd take having to zerg it rather than having to do all the mechanics correctly...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I'd take having to zerg it rather than having to do all the mechanics correctly...

Wish 10m H:Noru had that luxury. Had to have DPS purify aka do it the intended way and still had 4.5 sec on berserk. Took 3 pulls. Just coordination/DPS check, whatever. I'm sure 10mans will start zerging it as well come next week or with more gear. Though I have heard some do zerg it, haven't yet heard of a successful 10m zerg on my realm at least.
Edited by Zealsie on 9/20/2013 5:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Wish 10m H:Noru had that luxury. Had to have DPS purify aka do it the intended way and still had 4.5 sec on berserk. Took 3 pulls. Just coordination/DPS check, whatever. I'm sure 10mans will start zerging it as well come next week or with more gear. Though I have heard some do zerg it, haven't yet heard of a successful 10m zerg on my realm at least.

On 25 man it isn't a matter of being able to ignore mechanics it is a matter of sending people down being a net dps loss in many cases. In 25 man sending 1 person down to get purified is at best a 2% dps reduction for the rest of the raid and a 4% dps loss if you can't kill the big add before the first tick. On 10 man I suspect you can mitigate this somewhat by rotating all your dps down because you only have 6 dps whereas on 25 man rotating 19 dps down is basically impossible without getting overwhelmed by adds up top.

The mechanics of the fight ob 25 man make zerging or mostly zerging the optimal strat not something that 25 mans can just lolzerg through.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
The 25m version of the encounter is poorly designed because the larger number of people in the room means you are punished more each time you gain corruption. The 1 person doing their trial generates more total corruption than on 10.

Blizzard never got this fight working in its original iteration on the PTR (longer enrage, but the siphon which spawned small adds) - it was a *disaster* where the entire room would fill with small adds from 30% -> onward and there was no realistic way to kill the encounter.

My hope is that they're smart enough to just leave it alone - them trying to "fix" encounters that have already been killed by hundreds of guilds will only result in making the situation worse. Right now, it's a frankly much-needed DPS check in an instance that doesn't have one until Thok, and it'll fall over like a 3rd boss should once guilds have the gear for it.
Edited by Subrosian on 9/20/2013 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
zerg strat doesn't really work to much after the first day, they changed how it works, the adds used to not pulse damage and give corruption to everyone when they were stunned, which is changed now, each add will give a minimum of 10 corruption and there are 5 minimum that spawn after 50%, the zerg strat was easy the first day of heroics though.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
zerg strat doesn't really work to much after the first day, they changed how it works, the adds used to not pulse damage and give corruption to everyone when they were stunned, which is changed now, each add will give a minimum of 10 corruption and there are 5 minimum that spawn after 50%, the zerg strat was easy the first day of heroics though.

Given that we killed it last night zerging just fine I'm pretty sure you are incorrect.

Each pulse from the add or the orb it drops grants 2 corruption not 5 so the minimum corruption you can get per add is 2 if you kill the add before its first pulse and 4 if you kill it after its first pulse. It does appear that adds will still pulse while stunned which makes killing the add getting only 2 corruption somewhat difficult.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
09/20/2013 07:43 AMPosted by Fierydemise

Given that we killed it last night zerging just fine I'm pretty sure you are incorrect.

Each pulse from the add or the orb it drops grants 2 corruption not 5 so the minimum corruption you can get per add is 2 if you kill the add before its first pulse and 4 if you kill it after its first pulse. It does appear that adds will still pulse while stunned which makes killing the add getting only 2 corruption somewhat difficult.

10m definitely gets 5 per pulse from the big add and 5 from its orb, so unless the big add is erased instantly, you get 10 corruption per big add. Still, 10 can zerg it in spite of that - nothing has changed from day 1 to now, it is just a fairly large gear/comp check (in 10).
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Was the least amount of pulls I've ever spent on a heroic boss

Even wiped more on H gunship back in the day.

either it takes you hours to clear trash or you guys must like talking a lot of things over between pulls, because i've never heard of a guild having such an easy time with bosses and wiping so little to everything and still manage to maintain such a rank.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
either it takes you hours to clear trash or you guys must like talking a lot of things over between pulls, because i've never heard of a guild having such an easy time with bosses and wiping so little to everything and still manage to maintain such a rank.

Or we only raid for 12 hours a week and still are in the US top 50 25m? PS saying that it was the fastest heroic boss we've ever killed (and it was) actually explicitly implies that we do not kill most bosses in 2 pulls like we did this one.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
10m definitely gets 5 per pulse from the big add and 5 from its orb, so unless the big add is erased instantly, you get 10 corruption per big add. Still, 10 can zerg it in spite of that - nothing has changed from day 1 to now, it is just a fairly large gear/comp check (in 10).

Ah, my bad, didn't realize that poster was talking about 10 man.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
09/20/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Ninjablaze

Or we only raid for 12 hours a week and still are in the US top 50 25m? PS saying that it was the fastest heroic boss we've ever killed (and it was) actually explicitly implies that we do not kill most bosses in 2 pulls like we did this one.

well from other threads I've heard all about vow killing like every ToT boss in under 5-10 pulls so 12hours should be more then enough time with those kinds of numbers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
well from other threads I've heard all about vow killing like every ToT boss in under 5-10 pulls so 12hours should be more then enough time with those kinds of numbers.

Get better at reading? Not a claim we can make for all that many heroic bosses. Normals? Sure.
Edited by Ninjablaze on 9/20/2013 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
And that's when you stop replying because it's passive agressive trolling.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We are planning on making a few changes to Heroic Norushen for next week’s reset. We’re seeing a lot of guilds ignoring many of the fight’s mechanics, and want to ensure that that is not the ideal strategy for defeating the encounter. We’ll be adjusting things in a way that shouldn’t significantly increase the overall difficulty of the encounter, but does require that Heroic raiders engage with its core mechanics.

These changes will be applied via hotfix along with the weekly raid resets for each region, and more information will be available in the official hotfix blog once they have been finalized.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
In before they just add Draw back.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
Good job internal testing team. May all your future employments be as successful.
Edited by Risë on 9/20/2013 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]