Disc needs buffed!

86 Undead Monk
Disc priests were nerfed to hard following the buffs to other classes. Please at least bring Atonement back up to 100%. Disc needs some love. There throughput cap is showing.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
No.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
No.

This is one of the few times I agree with you.

@OP: Priest level 90 talents were just buffed immensely due to the removal of their target cap and the extra bounce on cascade. Their spread healing in 10m might have taken a small hit, but they were already plenty strong in 10m. Their throughput is fine right now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So what you're saying frozen, is nerf everyone and buff monks?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
This is my reasoning for disc not needing buffs:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/o84mvjiaji80pkrr/sum/healingDone/?s=920&e=1336#Zolvolt

I think we could use a nerf actually. >.< Shadow priest DS is also out of control again.
Edited by Zolvolt on 9/19/2013 4:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Mmm priest 90 talents, atonement damage for progression, oh and mmm priest 90 talents.

I will abuse the ever livin' daylights out of DS and Halo.

So, no.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I wish I was 25 solely so I could get in on the op 90 talent action.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I wish I was 25 solely so I could get in on the op 90 talent action.

I'll let you get in on my action.

Wait. Hmm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sadly the level 90 buff didn't help 10 mans as much as 25 mans.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Halo is still doing ridic numbers I'm sure 10 man is seeing almost as much of a gain and for any stacking fight obv DS is still going to destroy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Disc does not need buffed. We are fine and now can actually have some friendly competition with other healers since we aren't wildly ahead of them anymore.

*Also, I see the nerf to SS as an exchange for no diminishing returns for level 90 talents for 25m priest raiders. However, I don't raid 25m so I'm simply speculating and cannot speak to it.
Edited by Foxwoods on 9/20/2013 5:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
*Also, I see the nerf to SS as an exchange for no diminishing returns for level 90 talents for 25m priest raiders. However, I don't raid 25m so I'm simply speculating and cannot speak to it.

DS is absolutely insane DA generation in 10m and even moreso in 25m. I think it's more than enough of an exchange, and even arguably, an exchange in our favor. A lot of the raid-wide boss abilities this tier aren't going out on a 1m timer anyways, so any DA buffers we can give our raid are going to still pull ahead from Spirit Shell in many cases.

Halo is pretty insane now too.

I would say that disc is in a pretty good spot, and as someone who plays both Holy and Disc, it's nice to see that both of my specs are of public value. Not that Holy was horrible before, but the changes that have happened to the class make it more appealing to use either or depending on the fight. Even more than last tier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I would say that disc is in a pretty good spot, and as someone who plays both Holy and Disc, it's nice to see that both of my specs are of public value. Not that Holy was horrible before, but the changes that have happened to the class make it more appealing to use either or depending on the fight. Even more than last tier.

I agree with everything you've said. Nice to know we're on the same page :).

Divine Star is also my favorite 90 talent so I always make sure to get the most mileage out of it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Disc is fine, in fact, it's better than last patch. Whats even better now is the other healing specs are more competitive if not better in some fights.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Sadly the level 90 buff didn't help 10 mans as much as 25 mans.

Sure, but the SS change also didn't affect 10 mans as much as it did 25 mans.

@OP:

Atonement doesn't need to be (in fact, should not be) buffed back to 100%. Even if Disc were truly suffering, buffing Atonement would have no impact on the throughput cap as it's not something that should be used during heavy raid damage (which is typically where throughput caps come into play).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Any priest who is complaining saying we are so weak probably started healing on a priest in MoP because they were the OP healer. Right now the healers for once are about as close as they can get while still feeling different and i love it. i give a hand to blizz they might have finally gotten something right. Itll be interesting as more people get their 4 sets. I know i cant wait to try it out for disc since i recently went back to trying mastery builds.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I like where we are. For once I don't feel awkward outhealing everyone by a large margin. On fights where you split up into 5 man teams (shaman/spoils) I have no problem healing everyone by myself even with massive tank dmg.

Also, the rapture change didn't make a huge difference to me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Disc are fine where they are, they are still doing well in output. Just a shame their cloak proc goes to waste =(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Disc is fine.

Disc are fine where they are, they are still doing well in output. Just a shame their cloak proc goes to waste =(

Just get the DPS cloak.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
No.

The fact that you, Andromeda, are the first poster clamoring for no disc buffs makes me believe that maybe disc actually might need buffs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]