The Proven Healer

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi,

I haven't attempted The Proving Grounds yet and i'm wondering actually how difficult it is to reach wave 30 for The Proven Healer title, any experiences?

I'm also concerned that I may be crippled due to the healing mods I use which may not be relevant to the fights?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9964406429

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9882709525

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9972217362
Reply Quote
Until we see the hotfixes to the NPCs AI, getting the title is possible but is a huge test of how much of a masochist you are.

Mods have no real effect on Proving Grounds. They essentially work the same as a 5 man party.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh god its green fire all over again then.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
Its worse then the green fire I would say. You truly have to be perfect for more than an hour straight. And if you fail, too bad, gotta do it again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its not even really a test of how good of a healer you are, its more like how perfect can you be with pretty much EVERY utility ability you have. If you just try to heal it like a 5 man, you won't ever even get Gold Healer.

Much less to Endless wave 30 for Proven Healer.

It took me over 3 hours to get Gold Healer down, and i played with Endless for maybe 15mins immediately afterwards and never got past wave 4. I didn't really make a serious attempt to do much better than that (mostly because i started reading the forums between attempts to see what peoples thoughts on talents and such were).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Oh god its green fire all over again then.

Green fire is specifically tailored to a certain class; it was hard, but pretty well balanced and designed.

This really isn't.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You truly have to be perfect for more than an hour straight

It's only 30 minutes, and the first 10 aren't thaaaaaat bad.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
09/19/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Frozenorange
You truly have to be perfect for more than an hour straight

It's only 30 minutes, and the first 10 aren't thaaaaaat bad.

Frozen have you done it lately on Icecreamsoup? I would *love* some suggestions.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Don't nerf druids. Just nerf Frozen.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It's really tough, and made tougher because what are (hopefully) unintended effects from last week's hotfix. The AI party can't kill the mobs fast enough, so waves will pile up on each other a bit. And unless you can contribute some dps, you won't be able to drink every 10 rounds.

Get good at stunning and interrupting casters, that cuts down on a lot of damage. And be super stingy with your mana. And, uh, pray for your victory?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Frozen have you done it lately on Icecreamsoup? I would *love* some suggestions.

Didn't see this thread; talked about things in the one Lore posted in. Aside from 'do it as disc,' not really. I don't know that might not be an idea you want to go for, but I gave up on holy pretty quickly, as it seemed apparent that disc was going to get the job more easily.

I'll do some as holy and see what I can offer. How far are you getting?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I'll do some as holy and see what I can offer. How far are you getting?

Awesome :) I'm willing to try Disc if it actually is better - my impression was that it wasn't.

I'm getting to wave 18 occasionally, when the stars align, but I get caught up on waves 8/9 about half the time when the mages refuse to target my Void Tendrils, and most of the rest I end up spending too much mana trying to handle Chomps and burn out in the early teens. (I've only managed to get the drink break once.)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I was poking around in Endless yesterday just to see what are the damages. I could tell how much RNG sucks. What can I do when there are 4 Chomps debuff? I can Divine Hymn in Holy, then I can't kill the tunnelers with my Disc Atonement.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Is the title only for the character that earns it? Or is it shared among your characters?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's account-wide.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I just picked up healer title with Holy spec...

Bleeds repeatedly hitting the tank or other low health players, and tank not using shield wall during enrages often leave you either short on CDs or mana when more of the same happens, making this nothing more than the frustrating grind I expected. I'm not going to push for a competitive score because there isn't a point in doing so when it is so imbalanced and RNG and given that scores were never reset after difficulty was altered. This group can find another healer and that whole stupid temple can bite me.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
What can I do when there are 4 Chomps debuff? I can Divine Hymn in Holy, then I can't kill the tunnelers with my Disc Atonement.

There can never be more than two applied at a time, so you have to remove at least one before the cooldown on the ability. Chomps, honestly, are the least of the mechanical issues for me.

Another thing is: when a wave ends, Chomps are removed from the NPCs (but not you). If you can keep people alive until the end of the wave, the DoT will fall off instantly. Sometimes this can be more effective than blowing a lot of mana to remove them just as the wave is about to end.

I've spent the better part of two days on Endless. I made a dedicated set of gear gemmed and reforged for the PG, stacking Spirit and Crit (my raid build with Haste with 9K Spirit is a hopeless with no LMG).

Furthest I've gotten is wave 26. Certainly you can't make mistakes and get deep into it, but even without mistakes, and trying to interrupt, stun, off-DPS, etc, I am becoming convinced that it is mainly testing my luck with the RNG at this point.

If it was primarily testing skill, you would think you would consistently get further with repeated practice, but it doesn't really work like that. I still lose frequently during the first round when several NPCs get low and then one gets spiked.

Example: I've had two perfectly good attempts fail at waves 14 and 24. That's the wave with 2 Aqualytes, where you can't dispel both bombs. The sensible thing to do here is to wait until both bombs are cast, then dispel the one that will do the least harm. So I see Sooli has a bomb on him. OK, he's far away from everyone else, and at full health. I'll wait for them to cast the second one and keep spamming my biggest heal on Oto and watching the bar not move in the meantime. Oops. Sooli had *both* bombs cast on him. One-shot from full health. Thanks. Back to wave 1.

For anybody that's made it to wave 30, I'd be interested to know if you can do it, say, 3 or 4 times out of 5.

I've done 30+ attempts since hitting wave 26, and I've only made it past wave 20 a couple times. That suggests I just got really, really lucky that time.
Edited by Rheeah on 9/22/2013 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I know the feeling all too well. Wave 26 is all I can manage and I do fail on earlier waves more often than I get there. I'm sure there's something I'm missing, but it does feel like luck needs to be on your side for this.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
For anybody that's made it to wave 30, I'd be interested to know if you can do it, say, 3 or 4 times out of 5.

I can do it roughly 1 time out of 3 if you don't count the "oh, I forgot to rearrange my bars" forfeits in the first 5 waves.

It helps to have some way to tell when a target has two stacks of chomps or bombs. But there is still an RNG element; some chomp/bomb target combinations are much, much harder than others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]