Proving grounds Holy priest. Divine hym.

90 Human Priest
How is it that the tank always dies through Divine Hym? This is Holy priests strongest CD and the tank as to be topped off before you cast it or he will die or you will have to stop the channel.
Reply Quote
I just use Guaridian Spirit on him before the cast and make sure he's at least around 80%. Else he just melts while my priest channels :l
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
What I do is use DH as a mana-saver on waves 3 and 6 (I used to use it on 9 as well but if the wave 8 mobs aren't up anymore it's useless). I just wait until all but one mob is dead and then pop DH - spares me from having to cast a bunch of Serenity PoHs.

The alternative is to use GS with it, but then you don't have GS as a tank CD.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This is so pissing me off. How can you heal 2 waves at the same time!!! The dam NPCs can't kill a wave in time after x1 and x2
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't see how Priests can get very far as holy. I made it to wave 45 thanks to the power of Atonement and SS for those god damn chomps. That extra dps means everything and I actually often kill the adds before the next wave begins.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I keep losing on wave 10 as holy, forget doing it as disc I was getting nowhere. But I notice the same thing, wave 10, divine hymn, tank drops dead. Argh.

Edit: Just got gold. Phew.
Edited by Ocyla on 9/20/2013 7:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have reached wave 13 as Holy. I just can't keep up with the heals when the waves overlap which is almost every wave.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I got my title after many many hours of RNG and life gripping the hunter out of fire. I tried as disc but was having a bit better luck as holy in Serenity chakra, using Divine Star on CD and saving my Guardian Spirit for the wave with the two Mogu. I used on my Divine Hymns on the wave with the four Flamecallers, that wave is very RNG and it gives me some time to catch a breath. Prioritize your water bomb dispels, Tank/Melee -> Hunter -> You (PW: Shield usually negates the damage).

Though not mana friendly, I found Binding Heal to be a real lifesaver, as it refreshes my renew on three targets. I love the mage, unlike the hunter, she goes to the melee so my AoE's reach her, I usually have to life grip the hunter into melee so I can save mana. I OOM'd on wave 29 but lightwell healed just enough to prevent the DPS from dying to the mantid's pulse AoE.
Edited by Physsia on 9/20/2013 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It seems Rdruids and Disc Priests are very very strong here
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Druids yes. Disc...not sure where you're getting that, aside from Frozen's perception. Priests in general are still way behind the rest of the pack (5 in the top 100, and they've all been there since last Tuesday), and of the top 20 or so priests, there doesn't seem to be a noticeable skew to Disc (not any more than the priest population in general is skewed to Disc).
Edited by Kaels on 9/20/2013 11:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Druids yes. Disc...not sure where you're getting that, aside from Frozen's perception. Priests in general are still way behind the rest of the pack (5 in the top 100, and they've all been there since last Tuesday), and of the top 20 or so priests, there doesn't seem to be a noticeable skew to Disc (not any more than the priest population in general is skewed to Disc).

Thought it was because smite healing helps dps mobs when not focusing some other dmg
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
That (plus PWS neutralizing bleeds) helps compensate for their rather bad healing output, but it's not enough to put them on par with specs that have utility and decent healing output.

Both Disc and Holy are designed to rely on other healers quite a lot - Holy because of Chakra, Disc because of weak heals, both because of a complete and utter absence of utility. Whenever we're alone in challenging content, we're outmatched by the more self-contained specs.
Edited by Kaels on 9/21/2013 5:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
That (plus PWS neutralizing bleeds) helps compensate for their rather bad healing output, but it's not enough to put them on par with specs that have utility and decent healing output.

Both Disc and Holy are designed to rely on other healers quite a lot - Holy because of Chakra, Disc because of weak heals, both because of a complete and utter absence of utility. Whenever we're alone in challenging content, we're outmatched by the more self-contained specs.

Well, I def can't see myself getting much further then mid 30s in endless because pally isn't easy in this solo scenario either, esp when theres dmg going out everywhere. Beacon is our biggest bonus I think and we have cds like all other healers but seeing ppl at wave 40, 50 and even 90 (in wowprogress) its like WHAT lol esp with all the dps increases per wave to the mobs.

I have a druid and it was more fun to heal with that one but its an alt and has terrible gear/stats/spirit.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
I have reached wave 13 as Holy. I just can't keep up with the heals when the waves overlap which is almost every wave.

I couldn't make it past wave 4 =(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Whenever we're alone in challenging content, we're outmatched by the more self-contained specs.

Yeeeep. I completely felt this when I was trying to do it as my usual spec of disc. I absolutely did not have enough output to handle all the incoming damage, and I didn't have enough spirit to try to cheese it with shields. I did gold as holy but it took a bunch of attempts to work out a CD rotation that would handle it.

My druid on the other hand, I need to get her gear up to par but that class has so much more utility in Proving Grounds it's laughable compared to priests IMO.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, I definitely don't see a holy priest ever getting to wave 90.

40s is definitely doable though. The 30s felt about as difficult as the 10s did pre-hotfix.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yeah, I definitely don't see a holy priest ever getting to wave 90.

40s is definitely doable though. The 30s felt about as difficult as the 10s did pre-hotfix.

Must be nice to be a blood elf. 450MP5 racial. I get like 270 spirit in there from Human Spirit. Maybe I will go horde for a day get the title then switch back.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
450MP5 racial

It's only 250mp5. It's barely noticeable if you use it on CD. I don't bother; I save it for moving flamecasters around.

I'm pretty sure Expansive Mind beats it for priests. Cannibalize beats it hands down in the PG context. The Human Spirit is roughly half as good @8k Spirit, and Epicurean is a bit more than half as good if you eat Spirit food.

It is rather helpful on wave 8 to group the flamecasters up (if you can manage to get over there without getting covered in fire), but really that's about it. Definitely better than EMFH, but not as useful as War Stomp or Quaking Palm.

If I had to pick a 'best' race for priest PG, Undead would definitely be a strong option (hands down best regen), but I think I'd pick Tauren, because it gives us something we desperately need. Pandaren might be second - stat boost plus stun - but I think I'd rather have an AoE stun than a ST quasi-stun and a bit of regen.
Reply Quote
Quaking Palm works on like, nothing there lol.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Blizzard has already said don't compare yourself to other classes in proving grounds. They want you to compare yourself to people playing the same class. Don't worry about what druids, paladins, monks and shamans are doing. Worry about other priest and if they are doing better than you then just accept they are better players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]