Moss covered chests

(Locked)

76 Blood Elf Priest
Hey, you know those little chests you find all over Timeless Isle that drop coins and tokens? Are they a one-time thing or do they come back after a weekly reset?

I'm hearing conflicting things
well ive only seen them once each on my shammy who's been there since day one so ima say one time each, the special chests that appear on the map seem to be weekly though
90 Worgen Mage
It seems like they're one time. I haven't found the ones I opened week one, just ones I missed.

The only chests I've seen respawn are the gleaming chest (pillar jump), the locked chest in the sunken ship, and the one in the underwater pirate cove between the 2 faction camps. The Rope bound chest and the pirate ship bag might respawn, but I haven't looked.
90 Human Monk
i have the achievement for getting all the chests but logged in today and found 2.

now, there could be more than 17 moss covered chests and i'm just finding strays but i could SWEAR that the ones i picked up were in places i'd already gathered from.

Then again, i also hit a few other place i knew had chest spawns on them and didn't see any respawns...

So yea, i'd kinda like to see some more information on this myself. My personal findings is that there IS some sort of respawn going on... but i'll be damned if i can figure out which ones spawn and on what sort of timer.
90 Tauren Shaman
They're one-time use per character.
There are:
34x one time use Moss Covered Chests
4x one time use Sturdy Chests
2x one time use Smoldering Chests
1x one time use Skull Chest, and
1x one time use Blazing Chest.

Beyond those, there are six chests that respawn weekly - both tied to separate achievements:
The three chests for "Extreme Treasure Hunter" (Gleaming, Rope-Bound, and Mist-Covered) and the three chests for "Where There's Pirates..." (Sunken Treasure, Glinting Satchel, and Blackguard's Jetsam).
74 Human Death Knight
i have the achievement for getting all the chests but logged in today and found 2.

now, there could be more than 17 moss covered chests and i'm just finding strays but i could SWEAR that the ones i picked up were in places i'd already gathered from.

Then again, i also hit a few other place i knew had chest spawns on them and didn't see any respawns...

So yea, i'd kinda like to see some more information on this myself. My personal findings is that there IS some sort of respawn going on... but i'll be damned if i can figure out which ones spawn and on what sort of timer.

There are more than 17 moss covered chests.

More around 33 if I'm correct.
Edited by Adalen on 9/20/2013 1:55 AM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
Most are 1 time only or at least the blue posting on wowhead says they are one time.

but never sure if they are blizz employees

perculia 3 days ago (Patch 5.4.0)
These are one-time only, not weekly, similar to how the items in Riches of Pandaria work.
http://www.wowhead.com/object=221670/moss-covered-chest#comments
Edited by Aglaica on 9/20/2013 1:59 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1328815-In-depth-Timeless-Isle-Hidden-Chest-Guide!

They're one off, if you're having issues finding them all, use these addons:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/timelessislechests

And if you're having trouble tracking down where all the rares spawn when they're called out over general:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes_timelessisle_rareelit
Edited by Linvela on 9/20/2013 2:48 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
Hey, you know those little chests you find all over Timeless Isle that drop coins and tokens? Are they a one-time thing or do they come back after a weekly reset?

I'm hearing conflicting things

There are a total of 34 moss covered chests....you only need to find 17 for the achievement...once you find all 34 on the isle you won't find them again.
58 Human Death Knight
They are usually one time chests, though I have found that a couple of chests around the court I've already opened have respawned.
90 Tauren Hunter
Every week, along with the respawned special chests the MOSS COVERED CHESTS, 2 respawn with them, randomly, what 2 of the 34 you should go find out, keep in mind, that even if you dont open these two, it is these two that are respawned, so waiting 8 weeks for 16 of them to spawn does not happened.
90 Orc Warrior
I think there are 40 chest but i'm not sure somewhere in that range and none of they can be found more that once
Blizzard Employee
Please be mindful of a post's age before replying/bumping it! This one is a bit old. Feel free to provide advice and feedback to anyone else that may open a new post on this topic.

Thanks!
Edited by Scymir on 5/2/2014 3:02 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]