Ironfur Steelhorn spawn bug?

90 Troll Mage
I'm curious whether the Ironfur Steelhorn on the Timeless Isle has a spawn bug because I have been mercilessly killing whole packs of these Ironfur elites and non-elites, but I haven't seen a single rare spawn from this. Meanwhile, it seams the Emerald Gander is on a 5-10 minute spawn and the Furyshell turtle seems to be on a short CD, as well.

I have only seem him once and that was the second day the Timeless Isle was out. If his spawn is not a bug, I ask this rare bull is put on the same spawn timer as everything else because it's quite ridiculous I haven't even seen a corpse for this rare more than once.

Edit: I am not the only person killing whole packs of these bulls right now. Not by a long shot.
Edited by Febreeze on 9/20/2013 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Ive also killed these guys for hours on end. I have it on my _NPCscan and its not showing up
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
glad to see i'm not the only one, i've spend 8 hours killing and running around in circle around celestial arena, not one spawn. I too have _npcscan and it hasn't gone off once.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
ditto. Been slaughtering all ironfurs i come across in the lower forest for the past 3 days. Haven't seen it spawn since day one and then it was only 1 time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Not to necro a thread, but I'm having the same problem. I've been farming for quite a few hours now, and no Steelhorn.

Imperial Python and Gander have come up numerous times, but no Steelhorn.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Not to necro a thread, but I'm having the same problem. I've been farming for quite a few hours now, and no Steelhorn.

Imperial Python and Gander have come up numerous times, but no Steelhorn.

Since these guys have such a wide area that they are found in and the mob itself is not exactly hard to solo kill, and has a random spawn point, you not seeing it isn't really all that unusual. Most of the time, I run across the dead bodies of the rare python and crane, but no ever bothered to announce it. There's little point in doing so when it's dead in seconds after the call out.

What is more likely the issue is that there is a point on contention among players about exactly what mob is needed to kill in order to spawn this guy. Wowhead has players saying it's bulls only, while others say it's all yaks, bulls included. There's not enough data to say for sure either way this early on.

I do see lots and lots of players on Doomhammer who seem to focus only on the Bulls and ignore the regular yaks and the calves, while other players kill the whole packs. I get the feeling that the total number of kills needed to spawn this guy in is really high, so people should probably stop focusing only on the Bulls and kill all the other mobs as well.
Edited by Tindomerel on 9/23/2013 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
No Steelhorn. Have been hunting him for three hours. No Steelhorn corpses either!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Please make Ironfur Steelhorn spawn as much as the Imperial Python and Emerald Gander. It's really disheartening to see 3 Emerald Gander corpses and 2 Imperial Python corpses on the ground, but to have never seen the Ironfur Steelhorn. T_T
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Since these guys have such a wide area that they are found in and the mob itself is not exactly hard to solo kill, and has a random spawn point, you not seeing it isn't really all that unusual. Most of the time, I run across the dead bodies of the rare python and crane, but no ever bothered to announce it. There's little point in doing so when it's dead in seconds after the call out.

What is more likely the issue is that there is a point on contention among players about exactly what mob is needed to kill in order to spawn this guy. Wowhead has players saying it's bulls only, while others say it's all yaks, bulls included. There's not enough data to say for sure either way this early on.

I do see lots and lots of players on Doomhammer who seem to focus only on the Bulls and ignore the regular yaks and the calves, while other players kill the whole packs. I get the feeling that the total number of kills needed to spawn this guy in is really high, so people should probably stop focusing only on the Bulls and kill all the other mobs as well.

The fact I never see a corpse is my main problem and the day I posted this, I farmed for no shorter than three hours. I killed every single Ironfur I saw (and I wasn't the only one), including the neutral ones, but he did not spawn once. It's a bit silly the rest of the rares are on such a short timer, while this one seems to be significantly longer.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
After the last few days, I was really thinking he was broken until tonight. Posted in general "all those who need steelhorn join up", had 13 people we killed everything bulls, grazers, and herdlings. He re spawned after about 1 hour of constantly doing this. First one that spawned I however didn't receive credit for the kill, died very quickly from alliance. I keep the group going doing the same thing and 48 mins since the last spawn, another steelhorn showed up.

Maybe i'm a freak case but we killed everything and he spawned twice within two hours. He isn't like the emerald gander or the imperial python, we killed probably 10 of those two during the time period and they were mostly emerald ganders. I'm thinking the amount of kills required for him to re spawn is like quadruple that of the emerald and the python.

Best of luck to you guys, just start a group, i'm sure you will be able to get people to join up.
Edited by Witherfang on 9/27/2013 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been after this rare for a week. He is the last one I need for the achievement.

Have never seen him, and he's never announced when spawned... probably because he doesn't.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I've been after this rare for a week. He is the last one I need for the achievement.

Have never seen him, and he's never announced when spawned... probably because he doesn't.

I actually heard he spawned last night on my server, but I wasn't there. Please Blizz, fix the spawn on this guy because it's ridiculous.

Edit: Holy cow, please fix the spawn on this. At least make it so he spawns every hour or so. It's really annoying to see Emerald Ganders and Furyshell turtles spawn back to back, but no Ironfur.
Edited by Febreeze on 9/28/2013 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Update: Found and killed Ironfur Steelhorn this morning. Obtained the achievement.

He not only spawned once, but twice. I just farmed the yak adds for around two hours on end, and he popped. Good luck.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Shaman
not finding your desired creature alive or around when you want to and when it's convenient for you is NOT A BUG
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
not finding your desired creature alive or around when you want to and when it's convenient for you is NOT A BUG

Emerald Gander is on about a five minute spawn it seems
Furyshell Turtle spawns back to back sometimes, without killing another turtle
Monstrous Spineclaw spawns within a couple of kills of the regular Spineclaws
Farm Ironfurs for hours with others and it does not spawn

There is something wonky about the spawn of it in consideration to the other rares around that area.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I have been looking for this guy all day. after 6 hours I gave up and swapped to an alt. I popped in and he was right there! I killed him on my monk without any problem. Maybe if he was harder to kill than the regular ironfur Bulls, it would require more than one and people would announce it!

If I can kill it easily on my monk, ANYONE can solo it!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
same issue... need ironfur and Golganarr for achieve and cant seem to get either
Reply Quote
Given the lack of Blizz's response, I would guess there are just people going about it the wrong way. I too have farmed this mob for hours on end to no help. However, I have noticed if you farm all the ironfurs EXCEPT for the bulls, a TON of bulls spawn. Maybe it requires there to be a certain number of bulls up for Steelhorn to spawn. Just theorizing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]