Druid Healing 5.4 PvP

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
ok so apparently it blows. and it seems to be a problem across the board.
so here is some sheer numbers,
Outside of arena using Regrowth im healing for aprox 132k, the moment i step into arena this number drops down to 56k please do keep in mind this is without any damage reduction.

Another problem.. jade spirit i am using Spirit of Conquest. im not sure if this is a problem across the board with other healer classes but its not procing at all. ive dumped my mana multiple times to see if i can get a single proc, and its not happening. in or out of combat.
is there going to be a fix for this? Apparently the only class that's surviving atm is holy priests with all there instant heals and healing bonuses as a class that's keeping them afloat granted they don't run out of mana.
Edited by Oxclamation on 9/19/2013 6:55 PM PDT
90 Orc Monk
keep in mind this is without any damage reduction.

75% resilience?
90 Night Elf Druid
keep in mind this is without any damage reduction.

75% resilience?

My guess is he was referring to additional healing reductions like Mortal Wounds.
90 Night Elf Druid
I've been having a ton of fun as resto pvp. We're stronger than last patch, and we weren't exactly weak then.
90 Orc Monk

My guess is he was referring to additional healing reductions like Mortal Wounds.

there are no "additional damage reductions" in the game beyond resilience?

ok, i'll let you think that one over for a minute again
90 Troll Druid

there are no "additional damage reductions" in the game beyond resilience?

ok, i'll let you think that one over for a minute again

Pretty sure he is talking about healing reductions, and said that by mistake.

The increase in battle fatigue is tuned for full grievous gear though, which is probably why warriors seem so strong right now. From this point on damage and healing is going to increase, but the damage reduction is going to stay the same. Essentially making the ranges on healing/damage go much higher.

So while it might seem like your healing is completely gimp, it's actually just tuned for higher gear levels.
90 Tauren Druid
i just hit LV 90 on this monk yesterday.

Up until earlier today, I had 270K health. lol.

I already feel less squishy on my monk than I do on my resto druid main who is in full pvp gear.

I can only IMAGINE the difference between a resto druid and disc priest... it has to be night and day.

Exactly this ^

This patch resto druids suck slightly less than they did during the first year of Mists, and during the first year of Mists resto druids sucked slightly less than they did during Cata when they were the absolutely worst class/spec in the history of MMOs.

We are not even close to par with the other healers when it comes to survivability or mana management.

I never played a Monk, but from what I've seen your basis of comparison is spot on; a fully geared resto druid isn't nearly as good as an undergeared Monk healer.
90 Tauren Druid

75% resilience?

Yeah i ment to say healing reductions. lol and adding battle fatigue its a strain.
90 Troll Druid
Raw healing...I feel stronger than both Disc and MW. We just lack the cc/damage(outside of a 6min CD) that they have.
100 Tauren Druid
BG's are a horrible measure, but every single one of them it's all the priests 1st in healing, then monks, then Rshaman, then Rdruids, and it isn't even close. Ever. No matter the gear unless the priests are in full greens and the Rdruids are in 496+ gear.
BG's are a horrible measure, but every single one of them it's all the priests 1st in healing, then monks, then Rshaman, then Rdruids, and it isn't even close. Ever. No matter the gear unless the priests are in full greens and the Rdruids are in 496+ gear.

We are not even close to par with the other healers when it comes to survivability or mana management.

Are you guys dumb? Glyph of Efflorence allows you to AoE heal forever now, plus Wild Growth. Sotf will improve wild grown, but I use FoN for the insane efflorescence heals. I always take first in bgs. I know how to keep all my HoT's up.

As for survivability or mana management? Um.. I forgot shape-shifting didn't get out of snares and I forgot that I could pop HoTs and troll in cheetah form. I also forgot that having spirit for days doesn't keep me at 100% mana an entire arena fight because how much mana I get during the time my HoT's expire equal eachother.

Druids totally suck right? I'd say they top now. Especially since no class has figured out that the shroom is AoEable. Get Glyph of Efflorescence and stop whining, it heals why CC'ed. Also say my HoT's have me at 100% not only is shroom healing but Ysera's Gift is healing them. As stealthed cat I passively heal 5% in the beginning of fights.
90 Undead Priest
I have a Druid that I picked up last season and hit 2.2 on. I also have this char and a Holy pala(Hit 2.2 on all 3)

I feel that the strongest of the 3 is Priest. Strong heals, Consistent dmg and pretty nice CC.
Then Pala then Rdruid.

I'm not saying any of them are weak it's just thats how I see them in order of strength.

I can't count the number of times i've had to pop tree and im telling my team "I GOT YOU DUDE" boom 44k Regrowth. Cfb. So much for the allmighty treeform...

To the guy above me. We're talking about 3s. Not 2s. No healer goes oom in 2s. (Well I do in priest but only when im playing my best[meaning im dpsing,healing and offensively/defensively dispelling ALOT])

Rdruids go oom in 3s when you actually have to use regrowth...Idk where you're getting this druids don't go oom....and for the glyph...It does very little healing..Not saying it's not worth it but unless your team is CONSTANTLY on top of it...Yeah..

People don't take it for the aoe healing they take it for the 20% to swiftmend.
Edited by Aircell on 9/23/2013 12:57 AM PDT
90 Troll Hunter
Apparently the only class that's surviving atm is holy priests with all there instant heals and healing bonuses as a class that's keeping them afloat granted they don't run out of mana.

You play a Resto Druid and you're complaining that Holy Priests have lots of instant heals? Lolwut?
90 Tauren Druid
wierd. general consensus has r druid behind only priests. definitely stronger this patch than last when you get used to the new shroom.
Edited by Myrddin on 9/23/2013 6:14 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
SAO
I agree that druid healing is weak in arenas. Most games I am rolling full HoTs and spam healing regrowth on my target to keep them alive. This leaves me very vulnerable to CC and keeps my team on the defensive.
Edited by Yursar on 9/25/2013 1:56 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid

i'm actually the worst resto druid on the planet and i don't think i've ever not topped healing in a battleground
90 Tauren Druid
I think if warriors become less dominate we will be fine. Healing on a druid actually seems really nice until warrior cleaves start popping up.
I feel like we're great against dot comps and rogues. Warrior pain-trains on the other hand....not so much.
Healing felt much better on the ptr so hopefully gear will help but I'm not holding my breath.
90 Tauren Druid

i dont see this at all in random bgs. if i get beat on heals its only a priest.
90 Tauren Druid
Im finding myself fine in BG's. With good team mates, its easy to get the peels you need when you are targeted. Playing at 2k-2.1k mmr right now and finding that the only class that really matches my healing output are good holy priest and monks. More often then not, however, im consistently topping heals. In arena, however, I feel so useless. Im not a pro arena player but ive been up to around 1850-1900 and currently I'm just finding HoTs ineffective against the amount of damg current comps are putting out. I've heard some people say that something is weird about the current gear scaling with healers and that once the gear upgrades, things will be better. Can anyone shed some light on this because I'm not entirely sure what it means.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]