Open Libram XCIV: OP is a Point of View!

93 Dwarf Paladin
Yell at your raid to get better at killing small adds.

Eh, adds aren't really the problem. We're pretty good about intercepting/interrupting the blasts that buff the boss. We just don't have the DPS to push 50% before we get everyone rotated through the portals which means the Amalg's Frost Aura has stacked up to tick about as hard as the beam.

09/20/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
The Brewfest samplers you drink for giggles and to fight the Dark Iron Dwarf attack are now alcohol free!

WHAT!? THOSE BASTARDS!!
Edited by Grôgnárd on 9/20/2013 3:02 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Damn that thread got locked... was laughing over it for an hour.
91 Blood Elf Paladin
Thus proving my poor knowledge in any type of vehicle mechanics.

Plane, car, Gundam, might as well all be the same to me.

I WISH I had a car/plane/Gundam. Though I must admit, I only know what a Cessna is because my brother had one of the Flight Simulator games way back. And a couple of my buddies went down to Florida to become Navy pilots and they've posted some pictures on FB in the trainer.

MY DPS WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN!!!!

And the Holy pallies shall heal in the shade.

Okay, WHERE does this trinket drop from?

I want to heal in the shade!!!

That's like, the most awesome quote in the Libram lately. The next #1 post in the next Libram should have that memorialized:

MY DPS WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN!!!!

And the Holy pallies shall heal in the shade.

WoW is a long ways from the end of its life cycle, this game will linger for years and years to come even if it does fall from its popular pedestal somehow. But it still makes me think what it will be like when the Warcraft servers go down for the final time.

Well, it is what it is, but you're right. It is kinda sad to think about. Gotta find that "perfect logoff" spot for all your characters.

I have to admit, I'm seeing more people flock to Paladins where I hadn't seen many before. Our last LFR run in ToT was literally composed of 9 Ret Paladins and 3 Holy Paladins. Only the Holy Pallies and one of the Rets had any inkling about what they needed to do.

Well, there are some weird things about Paladins in general. They can do all roles, and make the best or second best tank reliably, they also have the "holy hero" kit that a lot of people just LIKE. So the class has a naturally high inflation.

That said, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal: Me and my Shammy buddy did an LFR a couple days ago. _I_ was the only Paladin IN THE RAID. That's right, out of 25 people, there was only one spot of glory.

I do not know how that's happened as I don't think I've ever been in a group larger than 15 or so without having more than one Paladin. It will RARELY happen in the smaller BGs, but that's about it.

Why is it that every time I wake up there's a new Libram? Not even the dead can keep up.

Hehe, another good quote.

Oh, I glanced at MMO-champ over lunch - are they really taking out that trinket from LFR? Is that the CD lowering trinket they are? Because if so...that sucks.
93 Dwarf Paladin
Oh, I glanced at MMO-champ over lunch - are they really taking out that trinket from LFR? Is that the CD lowering trinket they are? Because if so...that sucks.

...Wait, what?
100 Draenei Paladin
WHAT!? THOSE BASTARDS!!

So silly.

Taking alcohol out of what essentially is a Dwarven holiday is just stupid.

Only thing I saw getting taken out of LFR was a pet drop.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah droplet is a pet, not a trinket. It's being taken out because you can coin the boss multiple times. And OH GOD NO.
91 Blood Elf Paladin
Yay! Looks like bards will be making a reappearance in playable classes in D&D.

Wait, the what now? You mean the pen and paper game that Baldur's Gate is based off of, or the MMO that...there was an MMO of that, wasn't there?

...and wait, Bards were gone? I thought they've been a staple class of D&D for all times ever. Given, I know very little about it, but...I didn't know they were NOT playable.

Yay! Looks like bards will be making a reappearance in playable classes in D&D.

Wait, the what now? You mean the pen and paper game that Baldur's Gate is based off of, or the MMO that...there was an MMO of that, wasn't there?

...and wait, Bards were gone? I thought they've been a staple class of D&D for all times ever. Given, I know very little about it, but...I didn't know they were NOT playable.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios

Siege of Orgrimmar
Sha of Pride
Sha of Pride no longer drops Droplet of Y'shaarj on Raid Finder difficulty.

I only glanced at it for, literally, about 5 seconds, so I didn't remember the thing that was removed, just that something was removed and it sounded like a trinket name. :p
93 Dwarf Paladin
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios

Siege of Orgrimmar
Sha of Pride
Sha of Pride no longer drops Droplet of Y'shaarj on Raid Finder difficulty.

I only glanced at it for, literally, about 5 seconds, so I didn't remember the thing that was removed, just that something was removed and it sounded like a trinket name. :p

Jeez, man! Way to give a guy a heart attack! >_<
100 Human Paladin
Well Sha of Pride drops 2 pets.
100 Draenei Paladin

Bards were dropped in 4th edition pen and paper. Although doing some further research, apparently they were reintroduced in the second 4th ed. player handbook. But it looks like they're back in the main staple in D&D Next.
100 Human Paladin
5th edition has bards now? Must download the new playtest packet.
Edited by Chaz on 9/20/2013 3:40 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Or go back to playing 3rd because it was far better.
93 Dwarf Paladin

Dwarven Drunken Master/Bard/Monk/Fighter FTW!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/20/2013 12:24 AMPosted by Sevilon
I thought double posting to cap was against our rules? If not, it needs to be. Thou shalt not double post to cap previous Libram just to title the new Libram. Sounds good to me.

*unless you have a really good idea for the next title.

Personally, I've been avoiding capping them in case I get banhammered and purged again. Not likely, though, since I don't really go to DDF anymore.

5th? What happened to 4E? Did it die a quiet death and get swept under a rug?

3.5/Pathfinder is the only one with which I'm familiar.
100 Draenei Paladin
Not really liking the new season of Legend of Korra at all.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 9/20/2013 4:22 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/20/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Elidra

Pretty much. 4E was bad.
100 Human Paladin
Feather better be worth the almost 4% haste i lost from not using spark..
100 Draenei Paladin

Yes to both. Hopefully they learned their lesson about how thinly they can spread content out between books.

I'm not holding my breath.

Haven't watched tonight's episode. If it's as disappointing as the first two... :(
100 Human Paladin

They made it really hard to like Korra this season, which I suppose is an interesting thing to do with your titular character. I think perhaps as someone pushing 30 my perspective on her feelings is perhaps skewed by my age, but she does seem rather spoiled and brattish, and is pushing away people who are nothing but supportive of her.

Of course, she's also, what, 16? I would expect no other behavior from someone that age, especially someone who has the world's problems on their shoulders and feels (fairly rightly) that there are things going on that none of her mentors and family and friends can actually help her with at all, and she's supposed to fly blind because she's the avatar and you've gotta deal with it hur durr.

I do like Obvious Villain Guy though, his north pole totalitarianism should be interesting.
91 Blood Elf Paladin
Jeez, man! Way to give a guy a heart attack! >_<

lol, sorry! I was none too pleased when I first read it, either.

Legend of Korra

I need to find a place online I can watch this, considering how unoften I watch TV.

In other thoughts: So...Libram LFR/Flex/BGs? Anyone? It's not like we'd have to actually kill stuff, just have lots of Paladins and awesomeness.

Even for the BG part for people that don't like/aren't geared (works if everyone's already clogged on LFR/Flex lockouts) - what does it matter if there are a bulk of us? We can Zerg them to death with sparkly goodness!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]