pvp toggle off switch part 3

MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
Mirisanelle, don't quit. The Isle is really a lot of fun. Its really not hard to keep from flagging, and you don't miss out on anything by being extra cautious. Don't let a bunch of clowns run you off. Please?

Well, you do miss out on time. Caution takes time. I don't mind taking time to be cautious about things I care about -- maintaining situational awareness of mobs -- but any time I need to spend on awareness of enemy players is time I consider wasted. If I have only twenty minutes to play in an evening (not an uncommon occurrence), every bit of time is precious.

And nonparticipation is a pretty strong form of feedback.

“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”
– George Bernard Shaw
90 Dwarf Death Knight

So according to you for me to be a good player i should stop using abilities when a mob is at 25% on my melee classes so i can be 100% sure my next ability does auto target and attack the closes flagged player. Just stand there and melee auto attack them till dead.

As a warrior yourself i am sure your aware that our melee based attacks when hit will target and use the ability regardless of having a target or not.

They will not, however, auto-target a flagged player unless you are also flagged ALREADY.

For those that do not play a melee class i like to let you know that ALL melee based abilities have the /startattack function baked into them. There is NO way to turn it off.[/quote]

Actually, Esc will turn it off.

[/quote]SO a little lag and i hit oblit while a mob is low hp and the mob dies before the system registers it and the attack instead targets and hits the next closes target and can not tel lif that is a npc or a flagged player.[/quote]

It can tell. And again, it won't target a player...unless you are flagged already.

I've killed the celestials enough times with flagged alliance toons hopping around to know this firsthand. Bladestorm didn't hit them, WW didn't hit them, and the RB I hit a quarter-second too late didn't either. The ONLY time I've been flagged against my will was by clicking a flagged player and not noticing it before I hit Bloodthirst. I was so mad at myself for doing it I took it out on that poor Alliance DK ;) [/quote]

Ok i wanted to make sure i was 100% correct here so i am back now from testing this.
My wife has some other faction characters so we put this to a test.
With my wifes character pvp flagged and me not flagged i stood next to her with NO TARGET and hit oblit. As soon as i hit the button (no macro just the ability from the spell book) it targeted her and fired off oblit. Rinse repeat for every melee based ability i have as a dk and they all did the same thing.
To be clear these are MELEE based abilities only things like howling blast are not melee based.
Over on my holy pally judgement would target her and attack holy shock (a spell) would not.
I do not have a max level warrior but i am fairly sure their melee based attacks would work the same way.
So while i dont want to call BS on you i am highly doubtful that your melee based attacks would work completely different than dk's and pallies.
90 Gnome Warlock
we are not asking to end pvp.

NONE OF YOU AGAINST THIS IDEA have said how this would effect your gameplay!

If most people on pve servers turned off their pvp flag world pvp would be utterly dead on those servers, more than it is now. Much as you don't like it, there is a conflict between the factions in the game; they are AT WAR with each other, especially now. That's why Blizzard always allowed people the ability even on pve servers to fight other players outside of battlegrounds.

In addition, you would probably see even more griefing than you do now. Someone could go to an area and just kill NPCs non-stop (vendors, quest givers, flightmasters) and then run off when people came and disabled their pvp ability. As soon as people left, they could start all over again.

Edit: corrected a typo, although it should have been easy to understand that I WAS talking about pve servers.

So are you telling me their were never pacifists in any war in history? Their has always been a 3rd faction comprising a % on both sides..
90 Human Warlock
Lhivera: if others choose to follow suit, that is up to them. I will neither encourage nor discourage anyone from the Isle, let them decide for themselves.

All I can say is that for me, the decision is made and will not be unmade unless something is done.
90 Human Warlock
Someone could go to an area and just kill NPCs non-stop (vendors, quest givers, flightmasters) and then run off when people came and disabled their pvp ability. As soon as people left, they could start all over again

Yes, they could..but thats called zone disruption and it can attract some unwanted attention from Blizzard staff. On a PVE server that kind of conduct isnt looked upon with a smile.
90 Night Elf Druid
And that analogy is , aside from an old friends advice to me on my love life before he knew I was married...the most idiotuic comment I have ever heard bar none.

And now you know how I feel when you throw them at me.

Moving on:

I rolled on a PVE server, anbd as I seem to recall, we are told "If you dont want pvp roll on a PVE server". I did. I am interested solely in the PVE content.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/guide/getting-started

Now, I know you're fighting for the "consensual" part, but as you can see, it's still part of the game, and it doesn't exclude that type of gameplay.
1 Orc Warrior
Yes, they could..but thats called zone disruption and it can attract some unwanted attention from Blizzard staff. On a PVE server that kind of conduct isnt looked upon with a smile.

Uh no, thats not considered anything.

You dont know anything about this game do you?
90 Gnome Warlock
Reason 1 this is bad: Healers with this toggle turned on become a liability for group activities.
Reason 2 this is bad: Gives more people reason to stand over npcs, where there was once an answer with baby spice now there is none, because baby spice flags.
Reason 3 this is bad: Could be used to disrupt zone even more. Especially if they ever try to promote city raids again.

These are just 3 I can think of right away. I'm sure there are other reasons.

You're wrong on all counts..#1. If I toggle off then a flagged healer can't flag me...#2. So what if someone stands on an NPC? If I am toggled off they can't flag me..#3. Again I can decide to participate or not in a city raid a toggle would not prevent this..Also entering an enemy city would still auto flag you..
90 Night Elf Druid
09/20/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Hackur
All I can say is that for me, the decision is made and will not be unmade unless something is done.

making yourself a martyr wont change anything guy all the griefers will attempt to bury you under a tidalwave of support for their actions the best thing to do is stand your ground like the rest of us and keep pressure on Blizzard they have the power to change this but they wont do it unless we give them an overwhelming amount of displeasure at this feature which drowns out the griefers but if you give up and stay off the island then they win

As a PvEr, I'm on the Island, all the time. Barely get flagged, the refusal to try is astounding to me.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
09/20/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Alawaga

Uh no, thats not considered anything.

You dont know anything about this game do you?

You would be completely wrong. Clearly you know very little about the pve server rule set. Camping quest givers/flight points for hours is zone disruption and is actionable.
Im all for this just make it so you can turn off pvp permanently on pve realms so when you accidentally target some flagged jerk when your desperately trying to get a hit on that rare at 5% before it dies it just tells you "you cannot attack that target" or better yet remove auto and tab targeting of pvp flagged players unless you are also flagged.
Community Manager
Flagging on PvE has always been kind of weird. You can be flagged, I'm not flagged, and I can either spend time on a long-cast nuke, or even sheep you, and you have no way to counter me. Or a flagged person can do all sorts of devious things to try to trick people into getting someone else to flag by clicking on them or whatever. Separately there are a ton of abilities in the game, and some of them just cease to work at all if we tried to fix some of them causing flagging. Lastly (?), someone can be flagged and if you heal them that flags you! (My personal favey fav as a healer.)

We're aware. It's become a more relevant discussion because of the activity on the isle and your feedback, but it's a big discussion and a big change, and probably not something we're going to be able to address while the isle is still relevant for most of you.
90 Human Warlock
making yourself a martyr wont change anything guy all the griefers will attempt to bury you under a tidalwave of support for their actions the best thing to do is stand your ground like the rest of us and keep pressure on Blizzard they have the power to change this but they wont do it unless we give them an overwhelming amount of displeasure at this feature which drowns out the griefers but if you give up and stay off the island then they win

Let them. My position and reasons have been stated.
90 Gnome Warlock
If you count up the names of people posting in these threads who are totally for this toggle idea, I don't even think you'll see a hundred different names. That's hardly a majority.

And far fewer against
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
09/20/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Hackur

making yourself a martyr wont change anything

It isn't necessarily about being a martyr. Sometimes it's just about not spending time doing something you don't enjoy. I took a pass on the legendary questline because the cloak wasn't worth the time I'd spend doing battlegrounds. (Yes, I know it was only two. My time is worth a lot more to me than loot is.)

“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”
– George Bernard Shaw
90 Night Elf Druid
while the isle is still relevant for most of you.

This. Which is why my suggestion in making the Celestial Court a sanctuary for the Isle, considering most of the heat is about the Isle and not out in the world.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]