5.4 and Shaman

90 Dwarf Shaman
Is it just me or do Shaman healing seem a bit OP since patch?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
nowai
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That is impossible good sir.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
About time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Blizzard takes turns making sure healing classes get a fair amount of time being opd!!

And yes, they are quite the healer right now. However bad shamans still say "oh we are ok but need a little help"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
About time.
Reply Quote
Don't mind me. I'm just placing my 100k HPS puddle in the ground.

I feel the gap between 10m and 25m healing output is wider than before, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
A lot of the problem is tied up in HST. It's brainless throughput that you just drop on CD and it heals for millions. It's then multiplied by Rushing Streams. I suppose if they are just balancing for numbers though, the healers are all pretty close with Shamans leading the pack so nerfing HST without adjusting things like Glyph of Efflo is out of the question.

In the end it's the same as it has always been. Build a healing comp that works well together for your raid size and team and in 25s you might get an extra OP Shaman now instead of a Priest or Pally like last tier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
25 man a little, 10 man balanced.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
25 man a little, 10 man balanced.
Reply Quote
A lot of the problem is tied up in HST. It's brainless throughput that you just drop on CD and it heals for millions. It's then multiplied by Rushing Streams. I suppose if they are just balancing for numbers though, the healers are all pretty close with Shamans leading the pack so nerfing HST without adjusting things like Glyph of Efflo is out of the question.

I'd say that HST is hardly the main problem. The problem is having 30-40% of our throughput in Healing Rain alone. While HST with RST is pretty damn good, I'd look at moving our throughput away from HR first.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Which is sadly impossible this expansion.

Shamans are more or less fine but honestly the developers might do things quite a bit different in 6.0.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/23/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Stevecow
About time.

Thirded, but watch this thread peter out. No one wants to get into it since Shaman had a bad time up through this expansion. People say the class is owed "their time in the sun", which I'm fine with but not to this degree of crazyness.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thirded, but watch this thread peter out. No one wants to get into it since Shaman had a bad time up through this expansion. People say the class is owed "their time in the sun", which I'm fine with but not to this degree of crazyness.

It's not even that line of discussion really. You just don't want your head getting bitten off.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
but not to this degree of crazyness

Sorry i can't hear you over your glyph that puts out enormous healing at no cost.
Edited by Harpoa on 9/23/2013 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/23/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Marathel

It's not even that line of discussion really. You just don't want your head getting bitten off.

Lol no kidding! Just look at the other thread on efflo that almost capped. So much insults on gameplay and gearing! I kinda lost a little faith in the healing community's ability to calmly discuss a topic on balance.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Said glyph only heals 4 people and will only heal 3 people when we get tier 16 gear. Not saying it isn't very powerful but it will get cut by 33% soon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/23/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Harpoa
but not to this degree of crazyness

Sorry i can't hear you over your glyph that puts out enormous healing at no cost.

It'll be fine if they make it baseline, put a haste cap on it, and take away the T15 set bonus.. heck put a mana cost on moving the shroom.. don't care.

So about fixing your healing rain? What would you do?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
everyone: "healing rain is op"
random shamans that never post in these forums: "no it's not ____ is"

there, i just summed up this thread

move a chunk of healing rain towards riptide and chain heal. next expac, remove all gtaoe heals
Edited by Truelite on 9/23/2013 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So about fixing your healing rain? What would you do?

Get rid of it all together. It is a terrible mindless spell that is not fun and keeps the class in a stupid niche that no other class is bound to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]