5.4 and Shaman

100 Blood Elf Paladin
chain heal

This would be a disaster. They just need redesign.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
everyone: "healing rain is op"
random shamans that never post in these forums: "no it's not ____ is"

there, i just summed up this thread

Lol too true!
I thought the same way about efflo until I realized I wasn't seeing it's full potential because of my mastery build (can't get to that BP with my gear) and yes... getting my butt handed to me on most fights by Shams and priests really had me confused on how I was OP.

Too much broken at once! Ahhhh!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I would say keep healing rain but somehow fix it in 25 mans such that its not a glaring problem like it is right now. Its fine on 10 man.

GET RID OF healing stream totem and that awful talent. Sure we all pick it, but its just too much passive healing and essentially 0 cost if you glyph totemic recall (just need the global).

Chain Heal is fine (again 10 man perspective, not sure what its like now in 25 mans).

Unleashed elements is a silly joke of a spell still. Sure with MoP they changed it to affect healing rain, but its such a pointless spell. Redesign or scrap it completley.

Riptide still is pretty wimpy but that's fine.

The three healing model keeps breaking down. Last expansion it was GHW + HW and ignore healing surge outside of a few fights like baleroc to build stacks. Though the earlier part of this expansion had it FAIRLY balanced, it has taken a 180 and now is all about HS (tidal waves) + HW if nothing to do. Something needs to be done about the 3 shaman heals.

Healing cooldowns are nice. Nothing to say about them. We have 3 solid ones. Maybe its 1 more than we need, maybe not. Sometimes (though much less often than previous tiers) there is little use for 1 of them (SLT) but that's fine now that HTT is baseline.

Biggest thing - ADD A NEW HEAL that interplays with our current spells which at least makes spread healing somewhat bearable. Already I am dread dark shaman heroic and a few others because I don't think I can really do anything worthwhile. Next expansion please add a spell that lets us deal with these situations.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Yeah! Resto Shaman are topping meters on scattered fights. Fix Please!!!!
Reply Quote
Healing Rain as a concept is fine. Having 40% (actually more. GL pumping out the same Ascendance/AG and even ELW numbers numbers without it) of our throughput tied into it is not.

Blizzard simply has to learn (after what? 3 years?) that "Shaman doing bad? Lets buff Healing Rain" is not a good design. Healing Rain got a 20% buff mid ToT and a 40% for this patch. Without counting the ehps increase just from turning it into a smart heal, Healing Rain has received a 68% buff from MoP release to today. I can't think of a single healing spell that has received such a tremendous buff in an expansion. If you count the effect of turning it into a smart heal, you probably are seeing closer to 80%-85% buff total from the drastic reduction in overhealing compared to before. Given that HR was already our main HPS contributor since the begining, it is just laughable.

But well, these are the same devs that created MoP release Mistweavers, pre-5.2 Discs, glyph of Efflo and also decided to uncap lvl 90 priest talents just DAYS before 5.4 was released. I can't help but believe that a group of monkeys could have done a better job balancing healing this expansion.
Edited by Korghal on 9/23/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
09/23/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Harpoa
25 man a little
Good joke.

Restos and Disc are obscene right now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
09/23/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Pandamonius
25 man a little
Good joke.

Restos and Disc are obscene right now.

Another reason why the Druid and Shaman healing specs need different names.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Nah, I got to include both classes with one word.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Putting my 100k hps puddle on the ground >.>
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Putting my 100k hps puddle on the ground >.>

It is what it is. Blizz either needed to buff our stacked healing to high heaven, or give us some ability to heal heavy movement and spread out healing fights. They chose to buff our "niche." Which is fine, for now.

I'm beating, but not destroying my other healers on stacked fights. One of our R Druids, our H Priest and H Pally are easily within 5-10% of me in those fights. Whereas, I'm behind them in fights where I'm running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

There is zero chance we're going to get any mechanical changes before 6.0. Blizzard doesn't like overhauling a spec mid expansion, and I tend to agree with them.
Edited by Eldudearino on 9/24/2013 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
09/24/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Eldudearino
I'm beating, but not destroying my other healers on stacked fights. One of our R Druids, our H Priest and H Pally are easily within 5-10% of me in those fights. Whereas, I'm behind them in fights where I'm running around like a chicken with his head cut off.
Holy priests and paladins are nowhere close to shaman right now in any form aside from like one fight for each of those specs.
Reply Quote
44 Night Elf Druid
So about fixing your healing rain? What would you do?

I'd say, make it a healing ummm.. rain? not healing puddle
It should have blizzard like effect (mage) but smaller waterdrops, way wider area of effect than current healing pud.. em rain, but lesser power maybe?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
In 25m, how are the rest of you seeing your shaman perform on immerseus and blackfuse? In fairness I don't believe the original design was to enable resto shaman to keep their healing rains down on cooldown, but due to meta and how mana regen is at this point, that is how the playstyle has evolved and why you're seeing such high numbers especially combined with the encounter design in SoO favoring our ever so popular defined 'stacked niche'

As for the rest of shaman spells I think the design is fine. We should have hard hitting longer cast time spells. Chain heal has taken a LEAP in the right direction of how it should feel this patch. Healing stream totem while not "fun" provides us with some sustainable spread and movement healing that we need to be viable.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/25/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Naxe
immerseus and blackfuse?

Can probably stretch that out to Sha of Pride, IJ, Dark Shaman on H. 25 you will have 6 people in your HR no matter what, almost by default. 10 man, not so much, usually 4 tops as no one wants to bring more than two melee to a fight.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
The fixes to Resto Shamans are too large for a patch at the moment. I'm not a top tier raider but I'm not convinced that Resto Druids and Shamans are OP if we don't consider Disc and Holy Pallys OP last tier. The list has shifted but not to a degree I'd call overpowered. That may be my class clouding my vision though.

That being said, a long way to making Resto Shamans, and really all healers, more enjoyable would be to reel in the smart AoE heals. There's a difference between whack a mole style healing and letting smart heals do most of the work for me. HST and Rushing Streams is the most egregious offender taking 0 effort to maintain unless you are trying to make it free with the glyph which that effort is marginal at best. It gave me 10 million healing on Dark Shamans this week. But even Healing Rain is stupid with the near 100% uptime.

For all healers Blizzard needs to:

-Address smart heals
-Address mana so that it matters later into the expansion
-Bring Healing CDs into line from DPS specs
-Find a balance for absorbs so they aren't totally overpowered or totally worthless
-Make single target heals matter more

For Shamans Blizzard needs to:

-Bring Healing Rain and Healing Stream down
-Address spread healing issues
-Make Unleash Elements useful outside of using it 99% of the time with Healing Rain
-Make Glyph of Deluge baseline
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/25/2013 07:53 AMPosted by Harpoa
immerseus and blackfuse?

Can probably stretch that out to Sha of Pride, IJ, Dark Shaman on H. 25 you will have 6 people in your HR no matter what, almost by default. 10 man, not so much, usually 4 tops as no one wants to bring more than two melee to a fight.

In 10 man, having to threaten your raid to stop ehaling if they don;t get thier !@#$ together and stack on heavy damage phase is a pain in the %^-. 40k hps difference from one try to another is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
09/25/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Sparkplüg

In 10 man, having to threaten your raid to stop ehaling if they don;t get thier !@#$ together and stack on heavy damage phase is a pain in the %^-. 40k hps difference from one try to another is ridiculous.

I do believe you'd get you !@# sat for "threatening to stop healing" in my raid group. Surely there are better ways to approach the situation...most competent players realize blue ground good, blue ground mean live.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
09/24/2013 04:05 PMPosted by Pandamonius
Holy priests and paladins are nowhere close to shaman right now in any form aside from like one fight for each of those specs.

In four raid bosses last night, I was at 173k HPS for all bosses, our Pally was at 167k and our H Priest was at 160k. They also beat our other R Shaman who was at 155k. I consider that pretty damn close.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/25/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Sparkplüg
In 10 man, having to threaten your raid to stop ehaling if they don;t get thier !@#$ together and stack on heavy damage phase is a pain in the %^-.

Well there are long periods in fights where stacking is just not an option. The people i raid with are pretty good and shuffle over to rain if they can. Some fights just don't have that availability.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I do believe you'd get you !@# sat for "threatening to stop healing" in my raid group. Surely there are better ways to approach the situation...most competent players realize blue ground good, blue ground mean live.

They can't sit me because they have no-one else and they won't sit me because they know I'm right when I tell them to stack for 4 tries ending in a wipe then getting a kill the time where they actually do it.

Well there are long periods in fights where stacking is just not an option. The people i raid with are pretty good and shuffle over to rain if they can. Some fights just don't have that availability.

I have yet to find a reason why people would be at max range on Norushen for example unless you are running toward an orb in 10 man reg. Guess what I see every single attempt? Nevermind the fact that it is easyer to run away from the cutter beam when close to the boss...
Edited by Sparkplüg on 9/25/2013 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]