5.4 and Shaman

100 Draenei Shaman
May I suggest something that may help. Generally most resto will stand in their own healing rain. In our raid we mark me as the stack point.

Edit: on norushen. Not fights where hr is on Melee, on those they are restricted by the range of their attacks so your good.
Edited by Naxe on 9/25/2013 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This thread is nothing but people who are pissed they aren't the fotm class any more.

I guarantee that most of the people complaining wouldn't say a word if the situation were reversed. These threads make me sad. You play a class because you enjoy it not because it's the best. Every class is a roller coaster, it has ups and downs but there's nothing you can do but just go with it or find a new class and run into the same thing in the future.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I don't know, healing team is myself/Resto Druid/ disc priest.

I raid 10 man and have 2 healed with both the Druid and the priest. I feel balanced. It's nice to actually have a shot at the top of the meter this go around.

We do 25 man flex though, and there I feel a little OP.

Otherwise my healing team hugs each other pretty tightly (except when our priests focuses atonement)

Point being, overall 10 man feels great. I trust both my healing partners and when we 2 heal I never feel like one healer is carrying the other.
Edited by Dailee on 9/27/2013 7:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

I raid 10 man and have 2 healed with both the Druid and the priest. I feel balanced. It's nice to actually have a shot at the top of the meter this go around.

Otherwise my healing team hugs each other pretty tightly (except when our priests focuses atonement)

Point being, overall 10 man feels great. I trust both my healing partners and when we 2 heal I never feel like one healer is carrying the other.

There is nothing wrong with Shaman leading the healing meters. It's by how much they are doing so, is what is too OP right now. They'll likely be corrected soon.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
There is nothing wrong with Shaman leading the healing meters. It's by how much they are doing so, is what is too OP right now. They'll likely be corrected soon.

Shamans are fine...working as intended even.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

So, we don't have heroic numbers yet (because WoL isn't able to recognize heroic fights yet), but we do have normal mode numbers and we have LFR numbers available.

Normal mode (all parses) - http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/all/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

There is a 15% spread between all healing specs and Shaman are about 5% ahead of the second highest spec.

When you look at LFR:
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25L/all/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

There is a 27% spread between all healing specs and Shaman are 17% ahead of the second highest spec.

A few things from this. One is remember that there was upwards of a 35% spread between the top healer (generally Disc Priests) and Resto Shaman at some points last tier, so the balance is a lot better this tier. Another is, the difference between Shaman and other healers only seems to be really ridiculous at the LFR level. In normal modes, it's only ~5%. When heroic aggregate logs are available, I suspect that Disc and possibly Druids will actually end up ahead.

Shaman are only performing at that level in the easiest content levels. Why is that? My theory is that the 5.4 changes made the spec one of the most face roll specs in the game to play. As long as you can handle speccing Rushing Streams and dropping HR and HST on cooldown and using HTT when there is a lot of damage, you are executing about 85% of the potential of the spec. Other healers have more depth to them, and more play style variance between a bad player and a great play. As a result, when you get into the higher difficulty levels, the player skill level the parses are aggregating increases, and Shaman are more in line with other healers when everyone is playing to their full potential.

It appears that it's mostly an LFR balance problem at this point - at least unless you think Shaman, Druids and Disc Priests are all excessively OP. Who really cares about LFR class balance; class balance has always been predicated around heroic, because that is the only difficulty where it actually potentially becomes more important than player skill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]