Easiest healer to learn?

61 Goblin Warlock
Never played a healer, I'm leaning towards a Priest or Shaman, which is easier to learn?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
All healing classes are easy to learn. All healing classes are hard to master.
Edited by Harpoa on 9/23/2013 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Human Paladin
...and you can spec atonement so that your damage spells also heal (hence you do a lot of dps...as a healer) :)

I think this just won me over to a priest. Way back in Warhammer Online released, can't remember the name of the class (brain fart), but the one that healed while you did damage was so fun in pvp. I think it was more of a support class, but I really enjoyed it. Of course didn't play that game long due to to the mess it was at launch.

ok, well thanks for the replies, going Priest for sure.
Edited by Barapally on 9/23/2013 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

This.

Priests have the benefit of two healing specs to choose from, which can make things a little easier :D
Reply Quote
58 Human Paladin
09/23/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Veroicone

This.

Priests have the benefit of two healing specs to choose from, which can make things a little easier :D

Since I'll be leveling almost strictly dungeons or BG's, would DIsc or Holy be better?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Disc for PvP leveling, atonement is incredibly powerful at low levels.
Reply Quote
58 Human Paladin
Disc for PvP leveling, atonement is incredibly powerful at low levels.

Cool thanks
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Discipline is the easiest healing spec in the game, go with that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Except for monks, amirite harp? :P
Reply Quote
61 Goblin Warlock
Thanks for all the replies. Yeah, I'm thinking Priest is the way to go. Sounds like Barapally had the exact same questions I did hehe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Healing is easy, press your shorter cd spells on cd, spam your filler between those cds. Pop your raid cooldown when a druid is tranqing or a holy priest is divine hymning.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/23/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Barapally
...and you can spec atonement so that your damage spells also heal (hence you do a lot of dps...as a healer) :)

I think this just won me over to a priest. Way back in Warhammer Online released, can't remember the name of the class (brain fart), but the one that healed while you did damage was so fun in pvp. I think it was more of a support class, but I really enjoyed it. Of course didn't play that game long due to to the mess it was at launch.

ok, well thanks for the replies, going Priest for sure.

It was called a Warrior Priest and you did healing based upon your melee dps. Disc priests using atonement do the same thing but with their primary range attack spells. Atonement doesn't kick in though to lvl 38 I believe. But its great fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/23/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Plushie
Except for monks, amirite harp?

Dang you got your face off the keyboard and posted

<3 u Braves
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I don't know if it's the easiest, but I have a lot of fun healing with the shaman. Maybe not so much just casting heal spells - it's the variety of utility spells that shaman possess that makes it fun for me. And chain heal never gets old.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I would have to say Druid. I have not played a Monk yet but of the other healers I find my Druid the easiest. Mana management is brain dead easy. It is pretty hard to go OOM as a Druid. You can also just stack hots on people and pretty much not have to worry about them dying for most fights. Being proactive is easier than reactive in my opinion. You also have a good bit of i-win buttons. We have very powerful cooldowns. I will say that PVP is a completely different story. Druids are not easy to PVP with. Our biggest strength is our offensive abilities and mobility. If you plan to sit there and face tank people than better go with a Pally or maybe Priest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'd say Monk. Cause you can just punch things early on.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I would think shaman > paladin > priest = druid > > monk.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Currently Resto Shaman is by far the easiest and also the most OP.

The others are debatable with the exception of monk which is the most awkward...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Req
For PvE, resto Druids hands down. Glyph of Efflo + full hots is AFK worthy. Resto Shaman is also pretty easy since we only have 3 spells you primarily use.

PvP, I hear disc priests. Shaman is rough learning how to deal with being trained, and Druids are hard to play effectively since burst swaps are rough.

Monks are fun, but by far the hardest thing to play effectively.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]