The Basic Heal Spell

90 Goblin Priest
Cast while moving. This would fit the model of "healing autoattack". Heal, Healing Wave, etc...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think it is a cool idea but they would have to make it dog crap worthless. I think it is better to keep it weak and mana efficient. Close enough to an auto attack in those regards.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It already is dog crap useless. The only way I see they could force the use of heal is to make it free and make all of you other spells cost more mana.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't even feel it's worth the 6,120 mana it costs to use at all. I'd rather cast nothing for 2 seconds and save that much mana. I think being able to use it while moving could make it useful for some people- without changing the mana cost or healing done. It's a good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Shamans got spiritwalkers grace, that's nice i guess, and we get to move and cast lighting bolt, that's pretty cool too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Pretty sure the "weak, efficient heal" is up on the chopping block next expansion for abilities to be removed from classes/specs in order to reduce ability bloat.

Besides, Blizzard needs to really dampen caster/healer mobility in general, and giving them another means of healing on the move is detrimental to class balance.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
I kinda like casting my efficient heal, just because I prefer to actually be doing something instead of standing around. Which is why I enjoy Disc, it feels like you can still do stuff during times of low damage by dpsing the boss.

Making all basic heal spells castable while moving would definitely make them more fun and useful, and it would solve some of the mobility problems that some specs have. I also wouldn't mind if they were totally mana free; spamming them won't ever be a viable way to keep people alive through damage, so being free would just let you regain some mana while you spot heal low damage.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
I for one found my basic Heal spell to be infinitely useful for Proving Grounds. How you ask? For saving mana and procing FDCL like crazy to further save and heal more with Serendipity during intense parts. It is by far the most efficient with mana per heal substantially. I really hope they don't take it out, or at least give it more use, like with what the OP said about it being mobile.
Edited by Vesperena on 9/23/2013 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I don't even feel it's worth the 6,120 mana it costs to use at all. I'd rather cast nothing for 2 seconds and save that much mana. I think being able to use it while moving could make it useful for some people- without changing the mana cost or healing done. It's a good idea.

Agreed.

I for one found my basic Heal spell to be infinitely useful for Proving Grounds. How you ask? For saving mana and procing FDCL like crazy to further save and heal more with Serendipity during intense parts. It is by far the most efficient with mana per heal substantially. I really hope they don't take it out, or at least give it more use, like with what the OP said about it being mobile.

Indeed....we forget that without epics, other spells might be a bit too costly.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I personally do not mind my slow crappy heal. It keeps my mastery up, refreshes lifebloom and doesn't cost very much mana. I'm not saying it is an amazing heal but as a Druid I do find it quite useful.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I don't think I even have heal on my bars. Nor do I think I've ever used it.
Reply Quote
76 Goblin Warlock

You must not have done early cata heroics, then.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
The only time recently I can recall using Healing Wave was...
Umm...
Umm...
Oh right... I unbound it...

Edit: I did use it back in Cata until I got my gear to the point where GHW was mana neutral, and again early in MoP as a filler...
Edited by Chrysippus on 9/24/2013 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Nope, started playing in MoP.

I know they were particularly brutal in combination with a change to healing making them even more punishing than they would have been just in their difficulty alone.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/24/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Âiso

LOL this is so true! These crappy slow heals were all we could cast till we got good gear!!
Reply Quote
76 Goblin Warlock
09/24/2013 06:19 AMPosted by Alkrimus

LOL this is so true! These crappy slow heals were all we could cast till we got good gear!!

And even then we went oom every pull casting our efficient heals : /
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Yeah, Holy Light is useful in proving grounds / challenge modes, for the same reason.

At raiding gear levels it's virtually useless.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Priest
Never underestimate the power of the heal spell. It's extremely handy to have the option to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

And even then we went oom every pull casting our efficient heals : /

MOAR spirit!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I've got a heal auto-cast. Ysera's Gift.

I wonder if I can use that for healing a heroic. /follow tank, afk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]