The Basic Heal Spell

90 Troll Druid
I quit healing in early cata cause the healing gameplay that was your basic healing spell made me want to vomit. I have it bound now to a button I never use, it's too slow for me.

If they made it 1.5 cast time and even made it weaker I'd use it all the time. 2.5 seconds is dogs years in healing time.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I quit healing in early cata cause the healing gameplay that was your basic healing spell made me want to vomit. I have it bound now to a button I never use, it's too slow for me.

If they made it 1.5 cast time and even made it weaker I'd use it all the time. 2.5 seconds is dogs years in healing time.

Even a 2 second cast time would be reasonable, but 2.5 is too slow, especially when you can just throw a much bigger heal for the same speed.

I always have my basic heal bound to 1, just by habit at this point. I still don't use them too much, but I'll use em sparingly just to have something to do during times of low damage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've got a heal auto-cast. Ysera's Gift.

I wonder if I can use that for healing a heroic. /follow tank, afk.

dat transmog
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I've got a heal auto-cast. Ysera's Gift.

I wonder if I can use that for healing a heroic. /follow tank, afk.

I just did a heroic dungeon without spending any mana. :P

But I also used efflo glyph, treants, barkskin, and mighty bash, and was prepared to NS+HT if needed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Regrowth for days!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

LOL this is so true! These crappy slow heals were all we could cast till we got good gear!!

And even then we went oom every pull casting our efficient heals : /

Well, one of the things people failed to understand in early Cata was that the slow/small heal was not efficient for most specs. You were shooting yourself in the foot by spamming it, except of course as necessary to keep the tank alive when nobody else was hurt, or to roll Renew/Lifebloom as a holy priest/druid.

(The above is mostly no longer true, at least for holy priests. Heal is a decent mana investment if you're in Serenity. PoH on 4 targets is still preferable, but at least we've moved beyond the Cata state where PoH was better even on 2 targets if there wasn't already a Renew up.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I personally do not mind my slow crappy heal. It keeps my mastery up, refreshes lifebloom and doesn't cost very much mana. I'm not saying it is an amazing heal but as a Druid I do find it quite useful.

Refresh bloom by re-applying it.

Swift-Mend is perfect to keep up mastery.

I mean nourish hits barely higher than a rejuv tic so, it should be free, or maybe refresh Rejuv as well.
Edited by Sampled on 9/26/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
please, no more casting while moving

the classes that still have it need it stripped
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
please, no more casting while moving

the classes that still have it need it stripped

If that's the case, then they have to stop designing so many encounters that are full of movement. But they refuse to do that, so removing moving while casting will cripple certain ranged specs even more.
Reply Quote
i have nourish glyped so it crits every time, puts living seed on the target and refreshes lifebloom.

it's actually useful and I tend to use my CC procs to do it unless I really need a big heal
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Pretty sure the "weak, efficient heal" is up on the chopping block next expansion for abilities to be removed from classes/specs in order to reduce ability bloat.

I hope so. The three heal model never was very good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Beacon + holy light
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
heal, nourish, healing wave, ect all should be taken out of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I for one found my basic Heal spell to be infinitely useful for Proving Grounds. How you ask? For saving mana and procing FDCL like crazy to further save and heal more with Serendipity during intense parts. It is by far the most efficient with mana per heal substantially. I really hope they don't take it out, or at least give it more use, like with what the OP said about it being mobile.

This. Switching to healing wave is how I got my gold.

But also, those spells aren't useless. I still use them while raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i have nourish glyped so it crits every time, puts living seed on the target and refreshes lifebloom.

it's actually useful and I tend to use my CC procs to do it unless I really need a big heal

Failed attempt at being funny?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shamans got spiritwalkers grace, that's nice i guess, and we get to move and cast lighting bolt, that's pretty cool too.

To be honest....I reckon in the next few patches, shamans ability to cast lightning bolt while moving will be nerfed. Already done it to KJC Warlocks.....Blizz thought it was too op D=
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Rejuv ticks instantly and then again after 2.2 seconds. So .3 seconds after Nourish would have finally healed you have healed them for more as 2 rejuv ticks will heal more than Nourish. Not to mention you have 5 more ticks of Rejuv and it only costs 2k more mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]