Timeless Isle is not easy on............

90 Human Priest
As a priest on a pvp realm. If I want to do Isle I have to hook up with a pve'er and go invade their realm. Mind you.. those mobs are nasty :(

My dk has a 535 item level, and kilnmasters rip her a new one. My mage, can't be touched unless I stand in the fire.... >.< Warlock... Uhh I haven't done much with that one...

the rock giants Those guys are killers.
qft.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Warlock
I went there on my fresh 90 alliance lock in my quest greens and did fine, the only purple I had was my inscription staff. I can kill almost all the mobs I don't go after the rockdudes and I can kill kilnmasters just takes paying attention to the charge and my voids health.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I can solo any mob on the island as demo, and any mob but that stupid crystal giant as aff. I don't do destro.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I can kill almost all the mobs I don't go after the rockdudes

My younger brother likes to kill those on his warlock alt out of spite for his mage. He sets the blueberry on it, then stands at the absolute maximum range he can still fling spells from, and never eats a rock. ...then I wander along not realizing what he's doing and get rocks thrown. Oh well.
Edited by Tiakatt on 9/20/2013 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This guy I enjoy timeless isle on. He can breeze through most of the mobs. :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Personally, even the Kilnmasters don't give me much trouble since I developed a way to soften their two hit kill attacks.

By sidestepping?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
My priest can solo most things (except like Twyztyd, the Rock Giants, they throw that rock PW:S or not I am dead), but it is difficult and takes far too long to be effiective.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
I haven't had too much trouble doing stuff on the island as Disc. My absolute favorite mobs are the frogs. Throw up the Singing Crystal, Book of the Ages, and make use of CC and they drop reasonably fast and there's really no danger of them killing you.

First pull I let myself get 3-5 stacks of the debuff, then throw Mindbender and fade. Next pull I let myself get 3-5 stacks of the debuff, then throw Void Tendrils + fear and run just out of melee range. Easy mode, especially if you hang out in the water and pull frogs to you, fewer nasty respawn surprises/people running back and forth on mounts resetting mobs that way ;) I get all my Epoch stones by just muderating frogs over and over. Mua ha ha ha ha!

I used to kill the snakes, but they do have a bit more health. They're not bad, either, though. The cats are annoying more than anything, but proper dodging of their pouncing helps - when you know they're coming, anyway ;) I think what bugs me most about those cats is that if one aggros on me, it might go jump on someone else, which makes me feel a bit bad.

Also, a few of those mob types are absolutely brutal for melee characters.

Warlock blueberries make awesome tanks for some mobs which do a ton of AoE damage like the kilnmasters, too.

Frogs are CAKE for my MW....until some jerk comes along and hits my Frog I just paralysis.

I've had people do it intentionally cause I show up to farm and taking "their" mobs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
As a warlock, I don't find the elites particularly hard. More time-consuming than hard.

3 million hp mobs that gives... 11 rep? ....lame.
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Paddyspub
Certain mobs that my pally can solo with ease like the elite snakes, cats, or cranes, just cant take on solo as a cloth wearer.
My disc priest is having no problem with them Void Tendrils to root them and then cast Mindbender.....and you have better gear than he does.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't mess with the Rock Giants or the Kiln guys (I live in Hawaii so I've got some timing issues. I think I moved but the game says 'lolnope') but everything else bows before me and begs for mercy.

...well okay, they usually die while trying to get out of void tendrils or trying to chase me down while I run around like a spaz, but I'm sure begging for mercy occurs to them before they do the whole dying thing.
Edited by Damalia on 9/20/2013 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Frogs are CAKE for my MW....until some jerk comes along and hits my Frog I just paralysis.

I've had people do it intentionally cause I show up to farm and taking "their" mobs.

Yeah, people are weird that way. They get to feeling possessive of mobs, as if nobody else has a right to be out there. Or they get bored and decide to just screw with people. I learned my lesson about sticking to the water that one day someone was running back and forth through the frogs when there were a fair number of people out there. He'd come in from one direction, run through aggroing a bunch of them, then run out the other end until they reset...onto someone who was now standing where the frogs should have been. He'd then swing back through the other direction and do it again, LoL. And he just...kept...doing this.
Edited by Tiakatt on 9/20/2013 5:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
98 Orc Shaman
As ele shammy the only mobs that give me trouble are the kilnmasters and those fire golem summoning douche-buckets (cant remember the names.) With those guys I usually either kite a bit too far and get charged then squished, run to close to aggro something else & get charged then squished, or get hit with an unlucky lag spike & just get squished. I never bothered to try and solo the fire elemental's so I cannot comment on them but everything else is nice and easy for me :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/20/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Ripley
Personally, even the Kilnmasters don't give me much trouble since I developed a way to soften their two hit kill attacks.

By sidestepping?

Pft!

Hah!

And take all day?

No way squishy. I kite them to one of those fire dampening trees and soak up their attacks so I can effortlessly wail on them and their kilns .
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
Shadow Priests have more armor than plate dps and have pretty good bubbles.
Edited by Tuesdays on 9/20/2013 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
All of the elites telegraph their attacks, meaning they have cast bars (hit V to turn on nameplates) on directed attacks or literal effects that show where their attack will land. Moving and keeping out of those things (use them Void Tendrils!) makes every elite (on the ground-level at least) definitely soloable as it's about knowing when to move out of an attack more than your health or damage. If you're doing it right you really shouldn't take any damage from them. As you go higher up the hill you'll maybe want to join a group.
Edited by Bashiok on 9/20/2013 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
All of the elites telegraph their attacks, meaning they have cast bars (hit V to turn on nameplates) on directed attacks or literal effects that show where their attack will land. Moving and keeping out of those things (use them Void Tendrils!) makes every elite (on the ground-level at least) definitely soloable as it's about knowing when to move out of an attack more than your health or damage. If you're doing it right you really shouldn't take any damage from them. As you go higher up the hill you'll maybe want to join a group.

the ones on the hill that need a group are an issue, they're the rep giving npcs...and as per forming a group, I'm a loner Dottie, a rebel.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I've had no issues on my lil dress-wearer. It helps to not stand in mechanics...also interrupting/fearing them works too. Be aware. Timeless Isle is a ball. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Personally, I wish every mob in the game is like this. They're fun to fight, no matter which toon I try it with.

But then, I was one of those people that would try to kill those roaming elites in the old world until they removed most of them in Cata.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Lhivera is right - its for grouping.

I have done it as priest, as DK, and as together - and let me tell you it is MUCH easier together.

Really? I have been having a fine time alone. Then again i was over 500 when i started.

Well they -are- soloable, but obviously more efficient in a group.

I generally have my priest stand at range, with my DK avoiding the attacks (as Bashiok said - they *do* telegraph their attacks). That doesn't work for everyone, but I'm able to sustain a higher "elite kill rate" by far than when soloing.
Edited by Snowfox on 9/20/2013 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]