Timeless Isle is not easy on............

100 Draenei Paladin
Yeah just never solo a kiln master....just avoid them all together unless you have another dps and a heals at least. But even then you can still get one shot if you make one little mistake, and that damn kiln!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
All of the elites telegraph their attacks, meaning they have cast bars (hit V to turn on nameplates) on directed attacks or literal effects that show where their attack will land. Moving and keeping out of those things (use them Void Tendrils!) makes every elite (on the ground-level at least) definitely soloable as it's about knowing when to move out of an attack more than your health or damage. If you're doing it right you really shouldn't take any damage from them. As you go higher up the hill you'll maybe want to join a group.

Even in a group we experience heaps of one shotting because kilns are missed in the mess of mobs and ppl running for their lives lol but yeah, just bring your whole raid team maybe!
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ain't so easy on plate wearers either. Frogs still kill me. That 10 stacks >death thing is baloney.

My newly green Hunter was downing everything on this isle with the greatest of ease and that was before gearing up.
Edited by Lunalovegood on 9/21/2013 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
What I have learned in this thread: Priests are awesome and we will kill all your elites in healer spec.

Wait. No, I knew all that already.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
All of the elites telegraph their attacks, meaning they have cast bars (hit V to turn on nameplates) on directed attacks or literal effects that show where their attack will land. Moving and keeping out of those things (use them Void Tendrils!) makes every elite (on the ground-level at least) definitely soloable as it's about knowing when to move out of an attack more than your health or damage. If you're doing it right you really shouldn't take any damage from them. As you go higher up the hill you'll maybe want to join a group.

I thought about making a Shaohao rep guide. The telegraphs are indeed easy and I can solo High Priests as an Arcane Mage now, though it takes a couple of minutes and my item level is a bit above the norm.

I did it in mostly in a 5man group though. Tidy plates mouseovers. All 3 of the consumable buffs (crystal + book of ages + dew), along with fire poppy every 5 mins. Jade Serpent pot on cd.

Tidy plates for multi-mob pulls, focus down kilns, and kilnmasters for that matter. Mouseover counterspell high priest cauterize at 50%, and anytime chanters cast Greater Pyro. Let a ranged dot up and kite flarecore golems.

Considered making a guide but that's the gist of it. Got 14k rep in 5 hours today to finish my grind to exalted. 180k coins too. Not sure what to do with the rest yet.
Edited by Digerati on 9/20/2013 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Bashiok, while they do telegraph their attacks you really should look into the coding for High Priests of Ordon (and that one rare that spawns across the bridge, I forget his name).

You literally have 1 nanosecond to move out of the path or it hits you even if you do get out of it it (1 shotting you). It is RIDICULOUSLY unforgiving compared to the kilnmasters.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
I do alright on my monk.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Overall I enjoy the difficulty. There are a couple things that bug me though. It involves the big baddies in the sanctuary. My tanking pet does not keep aggro and yet my voidlord on the warlock does. The other thing is the one hitters. I like the difficulty it offers especially when I'm on my melee toons, but I've noticed there is a .25 sec delay sometimes where it hits you even though I'm clearly out of it. Anyone else notice this?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I haven't actually met a normal elite (meaning not rare) that I can't solo on this toon. Except those Kilnmasters... they're just beyond evil...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
It actually kind of sucks for hunter too on some mobs :/ I don't understand why they made them this mean.
I don't know, it's easy enough for me *shrug*

I actually kind of like they made them hard to beat, makes it more interesting and challenging instead of usual questing. But that might just be me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Or, you know... Blood Death Knights.

As a Hunter, I can easily handle a few Kilnmasters and even a Molten Guardian at the same time; and I have. Even as a Hunter and having spent the time to reach Exalted status with Emperor Shaohao, Hunters are not completely insusceptible to death. I died a number of times, either from Kilnmasters being handled by other people charging me, having my pet turn around only to drop a Blazing Blow on me or simply forgetting to use a glyphed Misdirection rotationally because our pet's Growl doesn't work on anything over level 91.

Bashiok, while they do telegraph their attacks you really should look into the coding for High Priests of Ordon (and that one rare that spawns across the bridge, I forget his name).

You literally have 1 nanosecond to move out of the path or it hits you even if you do get out of it it (1 shotting you). It is RIDICULOUSLY unforgiving compared to the kilnmasters.

Remember that the the Archerius of Flame rare spawn and the High Priests of Ordos essentially attain the abilities of both the Blazebound Chanters and the Eternal Kilnmasters. Just like the Kilnmasters, both Archerius of Flame and the High Priests will spawn a Kiln that increases their haste, damage and movement speed, ultimately making Blazing Blow's cast that much faster.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
So your complaining about mobs you are not skilled enough to kill? Why don't we just get free gear. You can group with people for a reason. Quit !@#$%ing and learn the ^-*!ing game. Honestly. A worse post than people complaining about SoO LFR was supposedly "hard". Without a sense of achievement, a game ends up like GW2. Im not saying that GW2 died or didn't succeed, but factor is alot of people quit it for a reason. Because it WAS too easy, and there was NO sense of progression.

To be fair, Raid Finder Norushen was a nightmare.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Trying to do Cinderfall on my melee characters is an exercise in anger management.

This - a million times.

On my Frost DK & Prot. Pally I just spam my longest range ability and play dodgeball with the fire.

That being said I also have a Feral Druid, BM Hunter, and Ele/Resto Shaman on the Isle and they all seem to handle things fairly easy. I only go after the Yaungols on my hunter as thats who I'm going for the Rep. with but everything else (besides the frogs) seems pretty straight forward.

Oh and the Death Adders - they can hurt.
Edited by Delaini on 9/20/2013 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Hunter
"harp darp, all mobs have attacks dat hit hard but is super easy to avoid by moving out of da way which is hard ta do darp"
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I haven't actually met a normal elite (meaning not rare) that I can't solo on this toon. Except those Kilnmasters... they're just beyond evil...

I can solo kilnmasters OK... you just dodge their directed melee attack and eventually loot, but it's a risk/reward issue that leads me to not bother with them. Esp since the island is a big gold sink if you're dying slightly.

Plus the legendary cloak seems to love tapping extra stuff and they're generally in spawn dense areas with other nasty things. With high pop new content island people running around training stuff onto you... etc etc... no thanks. Running from a bad pull is insta-death with their charge. If i had a feign it might be different.

So I'd say they're OK. The evil is a product of their environment. :3

EDIT- oh, and I see you're a priest. I have a priest 90 alt. You guys could use some movement-heavy DPS buffing imho.
Edited by Chmurka on 9/20/2013 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Be sure to buff yourself with all the Isle-specific buffs.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Wear plate?

Try taking on Kilnmasters as melee.

There are many mobs with specifically ant-melee moves.

Those are cake.

Press Q and D at same time. Proceed as with target dummy.
Reply Quote
26 Troll Hunter

Not true. Ever fight the ship? You just get random blob damage 4x and you're dead. You move and it follows you.

As a BM hunter there is really no healing through it
Edited by Chingate on 9/20/2013 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Monk
I solo 4 or 5 elites at a time while farming shaohao rep. It just depends on you playstyle. Fistweaving makes soloing most things on the isle a piece of cake.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]