Idea for MW monk mastery change.

90 Night Elf Monk
Ok so no 1 really uses the healing orbs right? they are the new light well, so what if when a player got with in 8 or so yards the orb just sucks into them? that way our mastery would not be almost 100% useless!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
YES YES YES!!!! Though a few of my guildies remark that they run to the orbs when they see them, heaps handy! But wouldn't it be nice to have a mastery that benefits our play style… like a glyph perhaps that enables the orb to move towards the nearest injured player within 20 yards…..

Or how about we have the ability to absorb the orb/store it for later use…. or we suck them in athen using our AWESOME chi-abilities we THROW them like basketballs at random nearby injured party members!!! COuld make it a channelled spell haha!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
im lolling as I read but yes any of that is better than what we have!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Even better we could be like that wind-ball spell out of Avatar: The Airbender and sit on the balls and roll around the party, leaving a healing trail in our wake… hmm the possibilities…

Actually, that's something that no healer has - a spell that leaves a trail of heals on the ground (not just a dedicated area) i.e. like the dmg trail when we face Lilian Voss in Scholo…. hmmm… the possibilities….

Actually I wouldn't mind having the ability (or at least WW) to do what Cho did in the 5.4 cutscene - jump up high in the air and sun-kick down at an enemy haha!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
temporary solution: glyph of enduring spheres

itll make mastery much, much better :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
^^ Wouldn't use that glyph and start checking your healing done by spells. Think you may be surprised just how much of your heals come from your mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
The mastery works ok with the auto-explosion after 30 seconds. The bigger issue is the complete lack of anything resembling scaling with the stat.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
As Linelle said, it's not the mastery itself that's the problem. Mastery, as a stat, is just relatively useless because it scales poorly. Seriously, when you heal your raid this week, watch how much healing is done through your mastery. You'll be surprised. The problem is that more mastery usually doesn't directly equate to more heals.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
Mastery has done 10% of my healing on a lot of fights this tier and mastery did like 6-7%.

It's a really good mastery.

Stats just a joke as stated.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
By the numbers our mastery is surprisingly effective. I think most complaints are really just due to control being taken out of the healer's hands and being put into the raid group, aka "those other people."

It's kind of strange that our mastery scales with the ability of our team mates.

Edit: What I'm saying is the issue is psychological rather than the mastery being "useless."
Edited by Kipery on 9/23/2013 6:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I eat all the monk balls. It could be because I'm another healer, but I see them and gobble them up. Why waste time healing myself when I can eat monk balls.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Please don't make it a glyph. If Bliz is going to fix our mastery just fix it!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Oh

My

God

Let me say it again

Our mastery isn't bad, it's actually pretty good.

Mastery Rating blows.

please stop making these threads >_<
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Our mastery isn't bad, it's actually pretty good.

Mastery Rating blows.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Our mastery is pretty good in SoO as it involve lot of movement. Sometime my Gift of the Serpent get 3rd top heal. (1st and 2nd always are RM or Uplift).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
even without enduring my mastery is typically 6-8%, gonna try enduring tomorrow night.

and at 10% healing done by mastery, the 2pc is ~5% which is kind of fantastic for a set bonus
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The problem isn't with how much healing the mastery does... The problem is how the only way you notice the mastery is by looking at the healing it does after the fight is over.

The mastery is by far the least interesting part of healing on a MW.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
if you don't see healing spheres sitting around mid-fight and think "hurr hurr balls" why are you even playing a monk
Edited by Truelite on 9/23/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I personally wouldn't mind a rework on mastery.
They've done it with Windwalker so it's not like they couldn't for MW.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I personally wouldn't mind a rework on mastery.
They've done it with Windwalker so it's not like they couldn't for MW.

Windwalker mastery has always been kind of awkward. I forget what it was originally, but I don't remember it being good, forcing some kind of change. The buffs they got in ToT made it almost overpowered when combined with RoRo, so it had to be changed again. I get the feeling they're not entirely sure what they want to do exactly with WW mastery, but things look pretty damn stable for them now.

Mistweavers, on the other hand, did receive a psuedo-change, when the mastery balls expire, they explode and heal a nearby target. The mastery itself is actually quite good, but just doesn't scale worth crap because it relies on raid members to use them. Moreover, Renewing Mist ticks so often and Uplift hits so many people, that points in mastery are a moot point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]