Does Paladin dual wielding conflict with lore

41 Dwarf Paladin
Just wondering, I've always been a sucker for dual wielding :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
People say Turalyon did, but I havent ever found anything to back that up in lore.

Other than that, no Paladin in the Warcraft universe has ever been seen dual-wielding.

Usually a 2 hander as it offers equal offense and defense.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Not particularly, but all the iconic imagery of Paladins in Warcraft is with two-handed weapons (or shields).

Mechanically, specs that can do both DW and 2H have a sketchy history - usually with one being the clearly superior choice, which badly undermines the supposed goal of flexibility.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Not directly but as Rav said iconically Paladins are either seen with a big two hander or a sword and board.

Personally I don't think it fits and if you like dual wielding you already have Death Knights, Rogues, Warriors and Monks.

I'd rather see them give us a DPS spec that uses a shield and a one hander or even better a shield and a two hander like the upcoming Crusader class in D3.

Because WoW in game seems to think shields are only to be used on defensive units mostly. I wanna go all Bolvar and woop up on some baddies with a shield to the face.

People say Turalyon did, but I havent ever found anything to back that up in lore.

They may be referring to when he picked up Lothar's broken sword at the Battle of Blackrock but I'm not sure. I can't remember if he used that and his own weapon at the same time or not.

Usually a 2 hander as it offers equal offense and defense.

Eh that depends on what you're comparing it to.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Eh that depends on what you're comparing it to.

Philosophically, as Paladins are both Protectors and Avengers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'd rather see them give us a DPS spec that uses a shield and a one hander or even better a shield and a two hander like the upcoming Crusader class in D3.
I like tanking, but i rather DK tank honestly.

If I could be a shield bearing DPS, I would swap asap. That is like 51% of the reason I am a Pally right now. It may be silly, but darn it! I want a shield!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Agreed. Shields are just awesome. :) You could argue that Shield of the Righteous is basically a holy shield slam, but it'd be cool if warriors and paladins, at least, could use a shield offensively in all specs. Ain't nothin' wrong with taking a big, solid slab of steel and ramming it into an enemy's face. :D
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Paladin
If only Ret sword and board was at all viable. :(
Reply Quote
99 Draenei Paladin
If only Ret sword and board was at all viable. :(

We all wish for that. Even Warriors wish sword and board could be plausible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well technically having a libram in one hand and a weapon in the other is somewhat duel wielding ? yes ? no. ok im out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
They may be referring to when he picked up Lothar's broken sword at the Battle of Blackrock but I'm not sure. I can't remember if he used that and his own weapon at the same time or not.

He did, but he really just used it to cut a swath in Orgrim's chest, though I recall in the second book, he used it more in combat. I should reread, it was a fairly decent book for a WC book.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Not really but i mean... look at this 2hander.. I don't wanna get rid of it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]