New EF Hotfix

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Eternal Flame's heal-over-time effect is increased by 50% when used on the Paladin (down from 100%).

GG
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Because it was more broken than sacred shield ever was when used by tanks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Where is this? Does this apply to ret too? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Saw that coming a mile away.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
And here I was just getting used to it.

/tosses hands into air

I'll just wait a week for the pros to let me know if it will still be better than SS or should I swap.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I would imagine that given the 4p prot bonus, it should still be superior for prot due to the opportunity cost removal.
Granted, I'm too lazy to actually crunch the numbers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Thankfully I did my 30 waves in the PG before this. Can't see myself getting back there again now.

Guess I'll just back to SS, just because it makes the rotation less complicated.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
09/23/2013 07:04 PMPosted by Halshar
I would imagine that given the 4p prot bonus, it should still be superior for prot due to the opportunity cost removal.

I'm leaning towards this, too; without 4pT16, EF and SS should be quite even.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Paladin
Because it was more broken than sacred shield ever was when used by tanks.

well, back to the 30% nerfed SS it is...

what shall we break next? selfless healer? but that already sucks for prot. incoming "selfless healer requires 10 judgements to proc" hotfix.
Edited by Sanctifìed on 9/23/2013 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I am so sick of losing things because they're too broken for prot. Eternal Flame was moderately useful for staying alive in Arena for Ret. Guess I'll have to see how bad the hot is now, and if I have to switch back to Selfless Healer. Go go 30k instant FoL. -.-;
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks prot
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks prot
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
After doing about a dozen arena matches this morning I can safely say the sky isn't falling. It was a noticeable drop, but wasn't nearly as bad as I first imagined. I didn't notice a real difference in the feel or effectiveness of Eternal Flame, but the hot is a little weaker.

I think I'm just a fan of the mechanic now more than anything. It feels like a half way point between Sacred Shield and Selfless Healer, with it's own strengths and weaknesses. I do enjoy having it tick constantly on myself and my partner. It might not have the BOOM feeling a 3 stacked Selfless Healer crit on your partner would, and it may cost holy power, but it provides a massive amount of healing over the course of an arena match and the sustained survivability is very noticeable.

But yeah;

Thanks prot

They really need to start balancing us separately. Ret hasn't been nerfed this entire expansion, but we eat blanket nerfs and nerfs intended for others specs constantly. It's like Ret is jumping in front of the nerf bat intentionally.
Edited by Andhar on 9/24/2013 6:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
They really need to do their damned balancing and testing during PTR instead of buff then nerf. It's not like they don't have the numbers or ability to test it.

Stupidity like this (the obvious lack of proper internal testing) just makes me enraged.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I forgot to try EF as ret but when I was doing Av weekend I was using it as prot in ret gear/sword and board and was tanking pretty much their whole team at their base, was extremely fun.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I could swear they had a test realm to test things out before releasing them...I could be wrong though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Thankfully I did my 30 waves in the PG before this. Can't see myself getting back there again now.

Guess I'll just back to SS, just because it makes the rotation less complicated.

Me too, EF hot was basically the only thing keeping us alive in there. Even then it still required some sketchy tanking by the AI to get through it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
My tooltip still says 100% ?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Man lately its been Prot ruining everything for Holy, instead of the traditional other way around haha.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Man lately its been Prot ruining everything for Holy, instead of the traditional other way around haha.

Oh the irony, how times change...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]