New EF Hotfix

93 Dwarf Paladin
09/24/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Millhiõre
Man lately its been Prot ruining everything for Holy, instead of the traditional other way around haha.

Oh the irony, how times change...

The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My tooltip still says 100% ?

Because it was a hotfix, the tooltip won't change but the healing will be lower.

You might still want to use it, it's basically going to depend on how the healing feels for you. It's kind of a crappy nerf for ret, but it was unbelievable overpowered for prot.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Because it was a hotfix, the tooltip won't change but the healing will be lower.

You might still want to use it, it's basically going to depend on how the healing feels for you. It's kind of a crappy nerf for ret, but it was unbelievable overpowered for prot.

I just started using it last week,I loved using it. I guess I will have to try out the other 2 again and decide. I'm always a day late and a dollar sort.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Meh. I still prefer SH as Ret. Instant, free mega-heals are amazing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

I just started using it last week,I loved using it. I guess I will have to try out the other 2 again and decide. I'm always a day late and a dollar sort.

The change literally was last night, and didn't go active everywhere until about 7 this morning. It was a fair nerf but you might still like using EF.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It was great while it lasted. I was able to solo Nalak (yes, by myself even though a few dps came and died multiple times). It took me a little over an hour but was just awesome. I imagine you could still do this as I stayed at 100% health for most of the fight, pulling a little over 60k hps and 90k dps.
Reply Quote
09/24/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Marathel
Thanks prot

From, Holy
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
As far as prot goes, this shouldn't really impact talent choice. Really this is "only" a 25% nerf to the hot, and while yes a 25% nerf is still pretty substantial, when you consider that EF was ticking for 2~3 times as much as SS twice as often. This means that after the nerf EF will still be ticking for 1.5~2.25 times as much as SS and still twice as often. So the gap should still be more than enough to keep EF as the clear winrar, now it'll "only" be a lot better instead of ridiculously better, even without the 4p.

At least that was my impression when I read it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/24/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Vèstis
I was able to solo Nalak

I'm going to need proof to believe that.

Ah well, now I'll have a 50k HoT instead of a 100k HoT.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ah well, now I'll have a 50k HoT instead of a 100k HoT.

Ahem...

A 75k HoT instead of a 100k HoT. It's a 25% nerf, not a 50% nerf.

Another point, tooltip still says 100%.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This is a HUGE nerf for us at the moment, I'm not happy!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks prot
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Sucks for Rets in PVP...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Man this sucks i was using it in duels against certain classes. Guess i won't be able to beat a good unholy dk now.

I had some really good success using this against warrior as well. But no more of that i guess >_>
Reply Quote
Is it still worth taking? Im just wondering, I enjoy the talent a lot.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Is it still worth taking? Im just wondering, I enjoy the talent a lot.

I still use it and enjoy it. It still provides a significant boost in sustained survivability without the shortcomings of Sacred Shield.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

No it's not. EF needed the nerf.
Edited by Tavine on 9/26/2013 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/26/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Tavine

Yes, for Ret it is. Healing myself with FOL for 30-40K every 12-14 seconds is next to worthless at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/26/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Tavine

It was more for prot being able to keep a super HoT on themselves and needing comparatively less healing to other tanks. For ret it was self sustainability in heavy damage scenarios but nothing game breaking.
Edited by Criceto on 9/26/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]